2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,269 - $35,348.

10/8.3

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

My experience with the BMW 328i

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfort ride, 3 Modes Offered"

Cons: "Trunk space, I Drive/Changing Mode lock"

"I actually got the BMW 328i as part of a rental upgrade and was happy to try out this vehicle since this is one car I was considering for my next car purchase. Overall the interior seating is comfortable and the car seemed to handle well. I loved that you can go from a Econ mode to a Sport mode quickly. I definitely felt the difference when switching to a different modes (especially to the Sport mode). The car was very quiet on the road. In most cases I was going 80 mph without realizing it. It was an automatic and the shift gear was electronic and took some time in getting use to (from getting into drive, reverse and parking), but once you got used to it was good. The stereo sound and linking to my device for music was easy and the music sounded good. However, the volume is extremely low when it came to broadcasting my Siri. Was using this as part of traveling and found it useless. Needless to say we had two phone so I used the other for navigation while the other played the music. I didn't experience a low volume when making a call, so I was a little perplexed why the car had trouble on this item. Now the grips of the car. It is a key-less car, meaning that you have a button to start it. However, there was no interior trunk opener. To open the trunk it required me to get out the keys from my pocket and use the remote. If there was a button in the car, it wasn't stage clearly. Another thing I found was the trunk space was extremely small. I could only fit one standard suit case and 2 carry-on and one kids suit case. The standard suit case could not be placed on it's side (up right position). It is a standard dimension suit case and did not have this issue in my VW Passat. There was room above the suit cases, but I was still off by half an inch to stack a smaller suitcase. This was frustrating (only 4 of us traveling) when loading up the car and I'm really good about utilizing every possible configuration to maximize space. Needless to say one suitcase had to travel with the kids in the back seat. This became a concern since I didn't want to leave the suitcase in the backseat only for the car to be broken into. While I praised the stereo above, the controls of the stereo are only found on the steering wheel and the I-Drive Touch Interface system. Unfortunately, when transferring from each car modes (Eco, Comfort, Sport) the main info screen changes as well and locks out the the music screen that was on display. You had to wait for the screen to go back from the mode screen to the music screen before you can do anything with regards to music. If not you wind up being locked into the mode screen. This happen to me for a couple of times when I changed my driving mode and tried changing my music to fit he drive. Unfortunately, I got locked into the car mode screen multiple time which was quite frustrating. The last gripe I have with this car was the cup holders. For a hot coffee enthusiast like myself, I drink my coffee with a sleeve. Now when placing the cup of coffee into the cup holder the cup and sleeve fits with no problem, but when removing the cup to take a drink the sleeve gets caught on a lip of the cup holder. To make matters worse, it is a pain to fish out the sleeve from the cup holder. The lip is caused by two mismatched size holes. Really made me wonder how this could of happened and gotten missed when designing this part of the car. Overall, I was originally supposed to get a Chevy Impala as a rental car but glad I was able to try this car out. It would have been interesting to compare these two and provide some feedback, since this is the other car I'm considering in buying. Even with some of the quirkiness of the car design, I have to admit it the ride was smooth when in the comfort mode. Unfortunately, I it is not enough for me to consider this car as part of my next future buy line-up."

Everything I want, nothing I don't

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "fit and finish, engine, transmission, brakes"

Cons: "standard audio, start/stop, option prices"

"After driving VWs, Volvos, Acuras, and one Mercedes, I finally decided to "step up" to a BMW. So far I have no regrets. First, the bad: The F30 3-series is a little softer than previous generations, with a bit more roll in the corners even in my Sport Line model. The lumbar support does not hit my back perfectly. The start/stop is a bit rough. The standard sound system is a bit weak. The good: The 8-seed transmission is brilliant, so intuitive that I hardly use the paddle shifters. The drive modes are useful. In EcoPro mode on the highway I average 36 MPG. In Sport mode, the car is a blast. (I cannot even see the need for the 335i's bigger engine.) The electronics are comprehensive, mostly intuitive, and entertaining. The more I drive the car, the more I discover thoughtful details that make BMWs special, and by their absence, make other cars feel like appliances. Advice: Pay a bit more for the Sport Line, Modern or Luxury trim lines. The car feels a bit cheap inside without the thicker steering wheel, metal trim bits, and upgraded seats from the optional lines."

328ix:The best sport sedan!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "The Ultimate Driving Machine."

Cons: "Not cheap."

"An absolute joy to drive. I have a 60 mile commute. My previous car was a Honda Insight- never again. 30 mpg real world. Fast. Handles like a sports car. Comfortable. Excellent seats. I have had a range of fun and exciting cars (Miata, 911, Corvette, Audi S4, Subaru WRX, Saab 9000 Aero), and this is the first automobile that does everything so well."

It Really is the Ulimate Driving Machine

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Price goes up super fast with options"

"Decided it's time to look for a premium car. Started at Acura which was good but once you cross $40k it open up options to other brands too. So I drove the C Class Benz, it was nice but the poor electronics and engine noise were a show stopper. So off to the Lexus dealer, this line was the biggest disappointment, this brand is not in the league of the others more in line with entry level cars. After all the hype we tried to find something to justify the Lexus which did have a better electronics package but no better than Hyundai, Chevy or Dodge. Well off to BMW, passing the Infiniti dealer , last due to the cost being the highest. After the test drive we knew why it cost more and worth every penny it is. Its more than a badge it is really is the Ultimate Driving Machine."

What a wonderful vehicle.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Perfect. Sporty, classy, sexy and all around FUN!!"

Cons: "Have not found anything negative."

"What can I say.. BMW does not lie when they say Ultimate Driving Machine. The 335iS Hardtop Convertible is the best vehicle I have ever had. I have had a new vehicle every 2 years for 14 years. Sorry to say but no matter how hard Chevy and Ford Try they will not come close to this in the US. Sad that they don't build their vehicles the same way here as they do in other countries. I was a Ford, then Chevy guy and I have been in the automotive industry my entire adult life and this is by far one of the best vehicles I have ever driven. Comfort and class all into one perfect package. (I have driven thousands of vehicles with my job so believe me when I say, I LOVE MY CAR)"