2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,308 - $36,365.

10/8.3

Based on 57 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Excellent car. Great highway economy w/ great powe

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "Great highway mileage, smooth power and good braki"

Cons: "City fuel economy could be better w/plug in hybri"

"BMW has designed a car that retains the amazing inline 6 with an electric motor to give tremendous highway fuel economy. In Eco Pro mode on the highway I've had a number of trips with 40 plus mpg fuel economy. The car has had no defects and I haven't returned to the dealer once in the year I've had the car. 27 mpg overall with over 80% of my time in stop and go traffic. Very solid chassis with excellent brakes and great handling. Auto stop and engine shutdown on freeway when coasting in Eco mode are great features. The inline six with electric assist is butter smooth with incredible torque and power when you want or need it. The only big improvement would be to add plug in hybrid technology to bring up the stop and go mileage numbers. BMW has offered very affordable lease rates to make the cost difference between this and a 328 or 335 negligible while allowing you to enjoy the better fuel economy and power."

Comfortable, Handles Well, Responsive Transmission

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Fast, responsive, great fuel economy"

Cons: "Engine sound, some options require packages"

"Traded a Mercedes C300 for this car. Some reviewers say the seats are hard - try a Mercedes and these feel like La-Z-Boy recliners. Everything works as expected, but the engine sounds just like a diesel; however, it also returns gas mileage like one as well - up to 38.7 on the highway. Transmission stays in a high gear, but is very responsive to throttle inputs. No turbo lag - the car is fast and responsive. Overall, I'd buy another one. BMW Office really only works fully with Blackberry phones. Haven't most companies gone with IPhones or Droids?"

Meet and beyond expectations

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "performance, handling, fuel economy and the looks"

Cons: "Options and packages are expensive"

"I've got my 328i xDrive (F30) for a month now and it is everything I hoped for and better. The car drives and handles well. The engine has enough power for passing and maneuvering my way out of traffic. The turbo lag is minimal IMHO. Three driving modes: Sport, Comfort and Eco-Pro. When in Sport, it feels like the car suddenly tightens up and is much more responsive. On switching to Eco-Pro, I can see from the gauge panel that I am saving gas. Well, I get the BMW for some driving pleasure instead of saving gas. Anyway. The transmission is smooth though I can feel the gear changes during accelerate a little bit. The automatic start/stop can be turned off and stays off in Sport/Comfort mode. The fuel economy is as advertised. The parking distance control (PDC) is very helpful with the rear view camera and particularly useful for drivers who are new to BMW. Very roomy and comfortable. My wife and 5-year old like to be in the car. My car is Metallic Grey. It looks bright and shining under daylight and dark and decent at night. Overall I’m very satisfied."

A great RWD sedan.

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Free maintenance, efficiency, poise, comfort"

Cons: "Tires, certain low-speed jerkiness"

"Great driving dynamics, very comfortable, very quick yet efficient(37 mpg highway on long trips). Two small gripes are somewhat jerky operational in stop and go traffic at times and not the grippiest of tires(runflats are also expensive)"

Well engineered

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great styling"

Cons: "Run flats,..."

"Great gas mileage....avg 31.6 in mixed driving, 45 with cruise at75 in Eco mode. Hit the sport button, and have fun, still bmw driving experience. No issues in 16 months."

Too expensive for quality. Breakdowns common.

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Hard top convertable is nice."

Cons: "Various electronics keep breaking down."

"In my opinion, instead of calling it the ultimate driving machine, they should call it the ultimate repair machine because ultimately everything will need to be repaired. Most of the problems are with electronics. Have had it towed four times. Never again."

Love it after 15 months and 40K miles

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast and great handling"

Cons: "steering is a bit numb when compared to the E90."

"I miss the size of the E90 and the tight steering but the F30 is beautiful, comfortable and fun to drive. The 8 speed automatic is fast and convenient in traffic. I miss the 6 speed manual. Fit and finish are great. My only mistake is not buying more options. I will buy anther after 150,000 miles hopefully before the turbo or auto give out."

I love the way this car drives & looks 335i Sport

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Great Fun to drive, great mix of performanc/luxury"

Cons: "Can't isolate/fix intermittent interior noise"

"I had my F-I-L who is a speed nut drive it, we got to 0-60 in 4.8 sec's. It accelerated so fast it made him lightheaded and had to slow down. You can't make it slide in turns even up to 70mph (haven't been brave enough to drive in sport+ mode yet)and in comfort mode it's smooth and quiet. Love the 4 yr. full maintenance plan. And the car is really sweet looking as well (bought the optional 19" tires) The idrive system is really cool and easy to use once you learn it. Only gripe so far is an interior vibration noise near the driver window at times from road vibration or radio or bluetooth phone call. The dealer took a stab at fixing it, but couldn't duplicate the noise. I hope to isolate the source and get them to fix it. Dealer was great including lending me a car when I took it in. Have owned an Infiniti G35 and this car is even more fun to drive than the Infiniti."

Missing my E92

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Strong lease, awesome appearance, interior design,"

Cons: "Squeeks, rattles, steering, size"

"Very disappointed! I don't like the bigger size or the new steering system. It is not as tight as before & does not transmit the road as well as my 2007 335i. Already had more squeeks & rattles on my brand new car than my used 87k mile 07"

Still a Great Sports Sedan

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Well built, great handling, fuel economy, BMW feel"

Cons: "Could use more grunt, engine can sound weak"

"I bought my new 320i as my commuter car. I traded in a 2011 Subaru WRX which was a real hoot to drive, but was noisy and fairly crude. I had owned a 2005 325i so was not new to BMW. Firstly, my car came with the Premium package, heated seats, and leather. So-equipped it is luxurious, has tons of bells and whistles, and looks very upscale. I debated about the 320i over the 328i because of engine power. As it turns out, saving the $4-7k by going with the 320i was a good decision for the most part. Acceleration is more than adequate but won't take your breath away (no match for the WRX). Particularly in normal driving, it will keep up with anything. Handling is typical 3-series - planted, confidence-inspiring, and predictable. The 8-speed auto seems a little busy to me, but it helps with mileage and performance. So far I'm getting 33 mpg in my daily driving. I wish I could have found one with the sport package as well, but I can live without it. What I don't like about the car is as follows: could use a little more power, the seats are a little too flat for my taste (but nicely upholstered in leather), the iDrive (though hugely improved) is still a little odd at times, the engine can at times sound a little anemic even if not. If you've ever heard a WRX with the optional SPT exhaust, you'll know what a 4-cylinder should sound like. All of these are minor nits and I highly recommend the car. I looked at the Mercedes C250 (underpowered and some of the styling details are weird), the Audi A4 (great build quality but didn't feel as robust or fast the 320i) and the Acura TL (couldn't bring myself to buy a non-German car this time around though it was certainly well equipped and well built)."

What a wonderful vehicle.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Perfect. Sporty, classy, sexy and all around FUN!!"

Cons: "Have not found anything negative."

"What can I say.. BMW does not lie when they say Ultimate Driving Machine. The 335iS Hardtop Convertible is the best vehicle I have ever had. I have had a new vehicle every 2 years for 14 years. Sorry to say but no matter how hard Chevy and Ford Try they will not come close to this in the US. Sad that they don't build their vehicles the same way here as they do in other countries. I was a Ford, then Chevy guy and I have been in the automotive industry my entire adult life and this is by far one of the best vehicles I have ever driven. Comfort and class all into one perfect package. (I have driven thousands of vehicles with my job so believe me when I say, I LOVE MY CAR)"

Cons: "see above"

"Pros: VERY quiet ride and back seat roominess. I have the 4 cylinder engine & the Xdrive. Very good MPG. There are 3 driving modes, convenience mode, sport mode, and ECO mode. CONS: very confusing to figure ALL the "contraptions" for a person my age, I'm technically mediocre, so basically technically challenged. I stand at 5'-4" and driver seat is comfortable BUT the armrest.....when my I have my left knee bent i sitting position annoys my knee. And the door lock knob scratches my left elbow when resting on sill. The auto shut off at stops is good UNTIL you come out of it, then it ABRUPTLY "kicks in". NOT what i'd expect from BMW, should be as smooth as when it shuts off. Fuel is an expense as it REQUIRES Premium, however,you can use Plus, which I do. But there's a $0.20 - $0.35 per gallon difference from Regular gas. The door locking/unlocking button is inconveniently located They install Run-Flat tires/rims, then sell you a $1400 warranty. You can choose to have regular tires/rims installed to bring down the lease cost and AVOID the Warranty Insurance. I found out from a friend of mine I didn't have to accept Run - Flat tires/rims.And the Dealer charge to exchange them now @2432 miles is another EXPENSE."

Cons: "see above"

"Pros: VERY quiet ride and back seat roominess. I have the 4 cylinder engine & the Xdrive. Very good MPG. There are 3 driving modes, convenience mode, sport mode, and ECO mode. CONS: very confusing to figure ALL the "contraptions" for a person my age, I'm technically mediocre, so basically technically challenged. I stand at 5'-4" and driver seat is comfortable BUT the armrest.....when my I have my left knee bent i sitting position annoys my knee. And the door lock knob scratches my left elbow when resting on sill. The auto shut off at stops is good UNTIL you come out of it, then it ABRUPTLY "kicks in". NOT what i'd expect from BMW, should be as smooth as when it shuts off. Fuel is an expense as it REQUIRES Premium, however, the sales man said i can use Plus, which I do. But there's a $0.20 - $0.35 per gallon difference from Regular gas. The door locking/unlocking button is inconveniently located They install Run-Flat tires/rims, then sell you a $1400 warranty. The Dealer DOESN'T REVEAL YOU CAN choose to have regular tires/rims installed to bring down the lease cost and AVOID the Warranty Insurance. I found out from a friend of mine I didn't have to accept Run - Flat tires/rims.And the Dealer charge to exchange them now @2432 miles is another EXPENSE. I'll am/WILL VERY likely PURCHASE a Honda Accord, fully loaded, for a lot less $$$ in 31 months when this lease is up."

Completely ultimate

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Ownership pride"

Cons: "No cons so far"

"Ultimate!"

The car I have been dreaming of

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "I got all the features I wanted...!"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I like the drive. SPORT, COMFORT and ECO PRO modes. Keyless entry Keyless start/stop BMW app to control car with my iPhone"

Great Vehicle drives like a dream

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to Drive"

Cons: "Cup holder in the front has a removable lid."

"This vehicle is easy to drive. The pick up and go is there very responsive. Too many variables in options for the car I wanted the comfort, tech package, and sunroof. Opted for the comfort package. The cup holder has a removable lid that is very strange....no place to put the removable lid. Not sure what they were thinking on this design. Nice feature of hands free truck release. Place you foot under the license plate and the trunk door will open. The vehicle is very smooth and comfortable for all passengers in vehicle.The four year vehicle coverage on the vehicle is a great value."

Everything I want, nothing I don't

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "fit and finish, engine, transmission, brakes"

Cons: "standard audio, start/stop, option prices"

"After driving VWs, Volvos, Acuras, and one Mercedes, I finally decided to "step up" to a BMW. So far I have no regrets. First, the bad: The F30 3-series is a little softer than previous generations, with a bit more roll in the corners even in my Sport Line model. The lumbar support does not hit my back perfectly. The start/stop is a bit rough. The standard sound system is a bit weak. The good: The 8-seed transmission is brilliant, so intuitive that I hardly use the paddle shifters. The drive modes are useful. In EcoPro mode on the highway I average 36 MPG. In Sport mode, the car is a blast. (I cannot even see the need for the 335i's bigger engine.) The electronics are comprehensive, mostly intuitive, and entertaining. The more I drive the car, the more I discover thoughtful details that make BMWs special, and by their absence, make other cars feel like appliances. Advice: Pay a bit more for the Sport Line, Modern or Luxury trim lines. The car feels a bit cheap inside without the thicker steering wheel, metal trim bits, and upgraded seats from the optional lines."

Still Awesome!!

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

"I've had this car since new. And I love it still. Comfort and Convenience fall short because, well... it's a sports car."

328ix:The best sport sedan!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "The Ultimate Driving Machine."

Cons: "Not cheap."

"An absolute joy to drive. I have a 60 mile commute. My previous car was a Honda Insight- never again. 30 mpg real world. Fast. Handles like a sports car. Comfortable. Excellent seats. I have had a range of fun and exciting cars (Miata, 911, Corvette, Audi S4, Subaru WRX, Saab 9000 Aero), and this is the first automobile that does everything so well."

Another great BMW and a word about the naysayers.

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Acceleration, Fit & finish"

Cons: "Price is still high"

"This is my fourth BMW. It is starting my twentieth year having a BMW in my household. A word for the naysayers. For those that say, BMWs are unreliable, too complicated to drive, or too expensive, I would tell them that to own a BMW means you must learn how a BMW works. They are a distinct line of cars. Having owned other luxury cars- Mercedes, Lexus, and Infiniti- I have to say that nothing drives like a BMW and not everyone will like the way a BMW drives. It is in its own place. And that place is first understanding how a BMW drives- its dials, functions, and capabilities. Second, it is maintaing on a regular basis, one's BMW. This is one car that cannot be neglected. One can go a long way without regular maintenance with a Honda or Toyota- though I do not recommend neglecting those cars either. Not so with a BMW, but if one will keep it serviced, it will go as far as the aforementioned car lines. This 2012 328i is different than my older 328i. It drives differently, but better. I only recommend that you as a reader, go drive one. The drive will surpass the anything more I could say."

Awesome all around car

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Very agile and fast."

Cons: "Steep price."

"Most dynamic 3 ive owned. It's like having four cars in one with all the driving modes.excellent power and very light on its feet. Great car."

our third bmw

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "ride- very peppy 4 cyl.-build quality-fun to drive"

Cons: "none- a bmw is a bmw and it will never disappoint."

"had 2005 and 2009 5 series sedans both 6 cylinder and loaded with options. this time we only bought the options we used and could not live without.they were cold weather package, front and rear park distance and adaptive headlights that's it.also this time went with the 328i with x-drive and I'm thrilled and very happy with the 3 series."

Fabulous sport sedan

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, perfect size, fantastic performance"

"I have been driving BMWs for almost 30 years, both 3 and 5 Series. My new 335i M Sport is the best one yet. Both exterior and interior design are well done. The driving dynamics are superb. Highway fuel economy is impressive. Build quality is first rate ! My car has the factory optional M Sport brakes which perform flawlessly. The Adaptive M Suspension and Variable Sport Steering are two other important options on my car that I really appreciate. I really look forward to driving my car each time I press the Start button. When I come to park it, I always find myself looking back, admiring the design. This car really is a big improvement over the previous E90 generation."

AMAZING

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Love it"

Cons: "Can't find cup holders"

"I usually drive to work by myself every day and it is great for everyday driving the 4 cylinder engine is very powerful. I traded my 2012 Traverse for this , best decision of my life."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next