2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,312 - $35,393.

10/8.3

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Not Impressed

By on Friday, July 24, 2015

Pros: "Drives well"

Cons: "Turbo sounds terrible"

"Before this BMW, I owned a 2011 328I. Wish I never 'upgraded'. The engine sounds like a diesel, somewhat embarrassing. You pay for options which should be standard, like the leather. Really fake leather in a BMW, what are you paying for?? Look for used or wait until year end to get the best price. They do not hold their value whatsoever."

Not a fan

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Looks nice."

Cons: "Quality is suspect."

"Looks pretty on the outside. Hate the autostop feature at the red lights. Sounds like a diesel when it idles. Three recalls in two years. No way to put the car in neutral when the engine fails (once during high water and once due to the failed fuel pump). Would not buy this car again and have lost some respect for BMW."

Still a Great Sports Sedan

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Well built, great handling, fuel economy, BMW feel"

Cons: "Could use more grunt, engine can sound weak"

"I bought my new 320i as my commuter car. I traded in a 2011 Subaru WRX which was a real hoot to drive, but was noisy and fairly crude. I had owned a 2005 325i so was not new to BMW. Firstly, my car came with the Premium package, heated seats, and leather. So-equipped it is luxurious, has tons of bells and whistles, and looks very upscale. I debated about the 320i over the 328i because of engine power. As it turns out, saving the $4-7k by going with the 320i was a good decision for the most part. Acceleration is more than adequate but won't take your breath away (no match for the WRX). Particularly in normal driving, it will keep up with anything. Handling is typical 3-series - planted, confidence-inspiring, and predictable. The 8-speed auto seems a little busy to me, but it helps with mileage and performance. So far I'm getting 33 mpg in my daily driving. I wish I could have found one with the sport package as well, but I can live without it. What I don't like about the car is as follows: could use a little more power, the seats are a little too flat for my taste (but nicely upholstered in leather), the iDrive (though hugely improved) is still a little odd at times, the engine can at times sound a little anemic even if not. If you've ever heard a WRX with the optional SPT exhaust, you'll know what a 4-cylinder should sound like. All of these are minor nits and I highly recommend the car. I looked at the Mercedes C250 (underpowered and some of the styling details are weird), the Audi A4 (great build quality but didn't feel as robust or fast the 320i) and the Acura TL (couldn't bring myself to buy a non-German car this time around though it was certainly well equipped and well built)."

Greatly Enjoyable But Sometimes Disappointing

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Looks Great, Innovative, Luxurious"

Cons: "Navigation, Auto Stop-Start, Complicated Controls"

"Let's start with the cons: the navigation system is the biggest disappointment. The map is long outdated, even the BMW dealership where I purchased the car from has the wrong address. The map doesn't show the names of all the roads, only the major streets are shown, even if zoomed in. The system is very slow. However, BMW is releasing a new system this November 2012; unfortunately, I purchased my car before the announcement. The other con is the automatic stop-start system to save gas. Good feature on paper, but in practice, the car wakes up violently. It doesn't feel up to par with BMW quality. Finally, the controls are fairly complicated: the fog lights doesn't turn on automatically, neither does the wipers. The settings doesn't stay at the last user setting, instead everything defaults: like the driving dynamics defaulting to Comfort, the Auto-Stop-Start defaulting to on, etc. This becomes very annoying as you need to press a bunch of buttons before driving out. Now the pros: Driving in sport mode is incredibly fun, enough said. The car has incredible acceleration. The interior design is absolutely beautiful, not too many buttons as everything is integrated. Quality is nice. Everything else is expected from the BMW line."

Hard top Convertible Top

By on Friday, May 08, 2015

BWM 328I Convertible Top Leaks

"What every you do no not buy a convertible BMW. The engineers for BMW stated it is normal for them to leak water and they don't disclose this information before you purchase the vehicle. Very poorly made vehicle."

BWM 328I Convertible Top Leaks