2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,698 - $35,797.

10/8.3

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Its not your grandfather's 3 series bmw

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

"This is one of the noisiest vehicles I've ever driven. It comes with run-flat tires which make add to the dynamic noise. On concrete road surfaces, you can't hear yourself think. The nav/radio/info device is quirky. It works sometimes and not at other times. It changes from radio to nav information on its own. Sometimes the automatic trunk opening system works; sometimes not. The other day I walked past the back of the car and the trunk opened. It's opened twice on the road while the car was moving. Still, I don't know what I'd chose besides this car if the dealer offered to take it back. I guess I'd chose my old 2004 325!"

A great car

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "The Ultimate Driving Machine"

Cons: "Not cheap."

"My first BMW. Fast, comfortable, roomy, and excellent fuel economy. I commute 65 miles daily, and and impressed by the over 30 mpg mileage. Seat warmers, steering wheel warmer and awd make it a great winter car. Much roomier cabin than the previous 3 series(my wife has a 2011), faster and better mpg's, but steering lighter, not the same feel. Very reliable- only non scheduled maintenance was for a frozen fuel door and 2 flat tires."

Exceeded my high expectations

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun To Drive"

Cons: "Cost, unknown long term reliability"

"My first BMW, and it has exceeded every lofty expectation I had for it. Smooth, endless power - great low end torque and horsepower. Good manual transmission; choosing that helps balance out the driving modes of the vehicle. I drive a good mix of urban highway and in town, not a lot of stop and go. MPG over 30 in 20,000 miles. While driving in Sport mode most of the time. Precision road feel, excellent vehicle dynamics. Recommend getting the adaptive suspension - it is like magic. Great looks, room for 4 adults in comfort for a long trip."

320i is 100% BMW 3-series

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Interior materials could be better."

"The 320i is a car that doesn't do very many things, but what it does do it does right. Some people might believe that the 320i is the "watered down" BMW for buyers that only want the badge, but that's the opinion of people that haven't yet owned one. It's feels just as balanced, it's just as sharp, and it's just as enjoyable as you'd expect a BMW sport sedan to be. My car does have the sport package that firms the car up a little, but it's still extremely comfortable to drive while giving the car a more sporty feel. Steering is on the lighter side due to the electric assist, but it's still very good and very sharp. The 320i is down on power from the 328i, but it doesn't feel underpowered at all. In everyday conditions, it feels very responsive and torquey down low with very little turbo lag. Honestly, it feels nearly as strong as the 328i in most driving conditions. It's only when you're driving hard do you realize how much less power the 320i has. It absolutely has more than enough power for most people. If you're looking for a sports sedan I believe it is the best bang for your buck not only in the 3-series line, but of any car in the small sports sedan class. Also, fuel economy is great with 27-28 mpg average. The interior is very nice, but it's kind of a mixed bag. Plenty of quality materials mixed with some cheaper materials that you wouldn't want to see in a luxury vehicle. Interior comfort and space is excellent for the class. Controls are easy to use for the most part, but you will spend some time learning how the iDrive system works. The car's interior is a very nice place to be overall. If there's one option that I think everyone should get, it would be the sport package. It isn't just rims and some black trim, it is a true sport package with a tighter sports suspension, a fantastic M sport steering wheel, better seats higher performance staggered rims and tires for about $1,500! That's a steal, perfect for someone that just wants to enjoy the driving experience and not spend $45,000+ on a car! Like I said, this car is everything you'd expect in a BMW 3 series but for several thousand dollars less."

2014 328d

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel economy, handles very good, fun 2 drive"

Cons: "No Dealers in my neck of the woods"

"I traded my 2011 328i in for this 2014 328d and don't regret it for a moment. The car is smooth, quiet, and well-built. Granted, I do NOT drive with a heavy foot, so I can't speak about jack rabbit starts, etc. But I can speak of fuel economy - about 36 in town, 46 on the highway, and 38 combination. Standing in front of it while idling, my wife says it sounds like a little tug boat, but that's OK as you don't hear engine noises while driving, and the 8-speed transmission is smooth as silk. A tank of fuel seems to last forever - I figured I could drive from Seattle to Tijuana and would only have to stop for gas ONCE. It's really a great little car."