2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,325 - $43,233.

10/8.4

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Still a Great Sports Sedan

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Well built, great handling, fuel economy, BMW feel"

Cons: "Could use more grunt, engine can sound weak"

"I bought my new 320i as my commuter car. I traded in a 2011 Subaru WRX which was a real hoot to drive, but was noisy and fairly crude. I had owned a 2005 325i so was not new to BMW. Firstly, my car came with the Premium package, heated seats, and leather. So-equipped it is luxurious, has tons of bells and whistles, and looks very upscale. I debated about the 320i over the 328i because of engine power. As it turns out, saving the $4-7k by going with the 320i was a good decision for the most part. Acceleration is more than adequate but won't take your breath away (no match for the WRX). Particularly in normal driving, it will keep up with anything. Handling is typical 3-series - planted, confidence-inspiring, and predictable. The 8-speed auto seems a little busy to me, but it helps with mileage and performance. So far I'm getting 33 mpg in my daily driving. I wish I could have found one with the sport package as well, but I can live without it. What I don't like about the car is as follows: could use a little more power, the seats are a little too flat for my taste (but nicely upholstered in leather), the iDrive (though hugely improved) is still a little odd at times, the engine can at times sound a little anemic even if not. If you've ever heard a WRX with the optional SPT exhaust, you'll know what a 4-cylinder should sound like. All of these are minor nits and I highly recommend the car. I looked at the Mercedes C250 (underpowered and some of the styling details are weird), the Audi A4 (great build quality but didn't feel as robust or fast the 320i) and the Acura TL (couldn't bring myself to buy a non-German car this time around though it was certainly well equipped and well built)."

What a wonderful vehicle.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Perfect. Sporty, classy, sexy and all around FUN!!"

Cons: "Have not found anything negative."

"What can I say.. BMW does not lie when they say Ultimate Driving Machine. The 335iS Hardtop Convertible is the best vehicle I have ever had. I have had a new vehicle every 2 years for 14 years. Sorry to say but no matter how hard Chevy and Ford Try they will not come close to this in the US. Sad that they don't build their vehicles the same way here as they do in other countries. I was a Ford, then Chevy guy and I have been in the automotive industry my entire adult life and this is by far one of the best vehicles I have ever driven. Comfort and class all into one perfect package. (I have driven thousands of vehicles with my job so believe me when I say, I LOVE MY CAR)"

Cons: "see above"

"Pros: VERY quiet ride and back seat roominess. I have the 4 cylinder engine & the Xdrive. Very good MPG. There are 3 driving modes, convenience mode, sport mode, and ECO mode. CONS: very confusing to figure ALL the "contraptions" for a person my age, I'm technically mediocre, so basically technically challenged. I stand at 5'-4" and driver seat is comfortable BUT the armrest.....when my I have my left knee bent i sitting position annoys my knee. And the door lock knob scratches my left elbow when resting on sill. The auto shut off at stops is good UNTIL you come out of it, then it ABRUPTLY "kicks in". NOT what i'd expect from BMW, should be as smooth as when it shuts off. Fuel is an expense as it REQUIRES Premium, however,you can use Plus, which I do. But there's a $0.20 - $0.35 per gallon difference from Regular gas. The door locking/unlocking button is inconveniently located They install Run-Flat tires/rims, then sell you a $1400 warranty. You can choose to have regular tires/rims installed to bring down the lease cost and AVOID the Warranty Insurance. I found out from a friend of mine I didn't have to accept Run - Flat tires/rims.And the Dealer charge to exchange them now @2432 miles is another EXPENSE."

Cons: "see above"

"Pros: VERY quiet ride and back seat roominess. I have the 4 cylinder engine & the Xdrive. Very good MPG. There are 3 driving modes, convenience mode, sport mode, and ECO mode. CONS: very confusing to figure ALL the "contraptions" for a person my age, I'm technically mediocre, so basically technically challenged. I stand at 5'-4" and driver seat is comfortable BUT the armrest.....when my I have my left knee bent i sitting position annoys my knee. And the door lock knob scratches my left elbow when resting on sill. The auto shut off at stops is good UNTIL you come out of it, then it ABRUPTLY "kicks in". NOT what i'd expect from BMW, should be as smooth as when it shuts off. Fuel is an expense as it REQUIRES Premium, however, the sales man said i can use Plus, which I do. But there's a $0.20 - $0.35 per gallon difference from Regular gas. The door locking/unlocking button is inconveniently located They install Run-Flat tires/rims, then sell you a $1400 warranty. The Dealer DOESN'T REVEAL YOU CAN choose to have regular tires/rims installed to bring down the lease cost and AVOID the Warranty Insurance. I found out from a friend of mine I didn't have to accept Run - Flat tires/rims.And the Dealer charge to exchange them now @2432 miles is another EXPENSE. I'll am/WILL VERY likely PURCHASE a Honda Accord, fully loaded, for a lot less $$$ in 31 months when this lease is up."