2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,567 - $43,406.

10/8.4

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

My Last Bimmer

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Looks, Acceleration with great MPG."

Cons: "Storage - What Storage, Bluetooth, Auto Shutoff"

"I leased a 2014 BMW 320i after spending more than a year looking at alternatives. I came very close to leasing an Audi and considered Lexus, Mercedes, Infinity, etc.. As an owner of two previous Bimmers (1995 525i and 1994 318i) and additional German cars (2 Porsches), I had very high expectations. I have to say that I love and hate this car. I love the handling characteristics, great mpg with the 4 cylinder turbo, the pickup even in "Eco" mode. I'm annoyed by run-flat tires, lack of rear seats that fold down, and the failure of the stereo system. The BMW engineers have decided to have multiple , folding rear seats with no options for a real spare. I found out after purchase that in order to play songs from my iphone, I have to have two cables, both that I had to purchase. I recently rented a very similiar California 328i, which Bluetooth'd my iphone in minutes...no cables. BMW, really? Why the different options? My dealership tells me this is a "Hardware" upgrade. OMG. This may be the stupidest bit of engineering in Bimmer history. I have base model Kias, Toyotas ,Fords, Hyundais via rental car companies. All of them linked up quickly to my iphone. How tough is this? Also, BMW in their infinite wisdom decided to install run-flats on all bimmers (at least all 3-series). Recently, I get a notice of low pressure on a tire including a warning message not to drive over 50 mph. That'll get your attention. So I take it to the dealer who tells me that I have a nail in the tread. I told them to fix it. They replied, it would cost $230 for a new tire. Seriously? And now I read BMW doesn't recommend tire rotation. Wow. I still own my 525i...lacks bells and whistles of the new cars, but so solid and better than the new over engineered cars."

328i 2011, loaded, real nice, gas mileage fair

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Looks, interior, handling, power"

Cons: "gas mileage,"

"I purchased my 328i Sedan from a local dealer used. Vehicle is very nice loaded with prem pkg, lthr, sunroof, etc.(no GPS) my only reservation is the gas mileage. Around town 16-18 mpg and highway 24-25 mpg, was hoping for better around town with prem. gas required. I do the math every time I fill up and I am not heavy footed. Otherwise very happy with the vehicle."

Great mileage with great power

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, power, handling, seat comfort."

Cons: "Price of BMWs, run flat tires, BMW Apps worthless"

"The ActiveHybrid 3 has been a great car. I get 38 to 42 mpg on freeway trips averaging 70 miles per hour. My city mileage, which is about 85% of my driving gets about 25 mpg. My overall average for 17,000 miles has been 28 mpg with an average speed on the computer of only 28 miles per hour. The car is smooth and very powerful and handles very well. There is nothing like the BMW straight six for strong pull and smoothness. Auto magazines really don't get this car, but those of us who want power and great fuel economy do. While the sticker price of the car is higher than a 335i, BMW has subvented the lease so the monthly payment for and Activehybrid 3 is about the same as a 335i while the fuel economy is much better. You get the benefits of a 335i with the fuel economy of a four cylinder Accord. The only down side of the car is the run flat tires, which are very harsh in urban driving. Also, I would not pay for the BMW apps or electronics package again as the Nav system and apps are pretty worthless. The seats are great, the stereo is great and I have been very happy with this car."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, handing, look, joy to drive!"

Cons: "Price!"

"I just bought my dream car, and so far I have zero regrets! It is just smooth, and an absolute pleasure to drive."

Loves to be driven hard.

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Tremendous fun to drive, maintenance covered."

Cons: "Tight interior."

"I love driving this car with the top down along a winding road at good speed. It simply follows every command with maximum precision. The 335is is positoned between the 335i and the M3. I drove an Audi S5 and the BMW 335is and found the BMW to be the better car."