2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,096 - $37,655.

10/8.4

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Excellent car. Great highway economy w/ great powe

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "Great highway mileage, smooth power and good braki"

Cons: "City fuel economy could be better w/plug in hybri"

"BMW has designed a car that retains the amazing inline 6 with an electric motor to give tremendous highway fuel economy. In Eco Pro mode on the highway I've had a number of trips with 40 plus mpg fuel economy. The car has had no defects and I haven't returned to the dealer once in the year I've had the car. 27 mpg overall with over 80% of my time in stop and go traffic. Very solid chassis with excellent brakes and great handling. Auto stop and engine shutdown on freeway when coasting in Eco mode are great features. The inline six with electric assist is butter smooth with incredible torque and power when you want or need it. The only big improvement would be to add plug in hybrid technology to bring up the stop and go mileage numbers. BMW has offered very affordable lease rates to make the cost difference between this and a 328 or 335 negligible while allowing you to enjoy the better fuel economy and power."

Comfortable, Handles Well, Responsive Transmission

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Fast, responsive, great fuel economy"

Cons: "Engine sound, some options require packages"

"Traded a Mercedes C300 for this car. Some reviewers say the seats are hard - try a Mercedes and these feel like La-Z-Boy recliners. Everything works as expected, but the engine sounds just like a diesel; however, it also returns gas mileage like one as well - up to 38.7 on the highway. Transmission stays in a high gear, but is very responsive to throttle inputs. No turbo lag - the car is fast and responsive. Overall, I'd buy another one. BMW Office really only works fully with Blackberry phones. Haven't most companies gone with IPhones or Droids?"

Meet and beyond expectations

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "performance, handling, fuel economy and the looks"

Cons: "Options and packages are expensive"

"I've got my 328i xDrive (F30) for a month now and it is everything I hoped for and better. The car drives and handles well. The engine has enough power for passing and maneuvering my way out of traffic. The turbo lag is minimal IMHO. Three driving modes: Sport, Comfort and Eco-Pro. When in Sport, it feels like the car suddenly tightens up and is much more responsive. On switching to Eco-Pro, I can see from the gauge panel that I am saving gas. Well, I get the BMW for some driving pleasure instead of saving gas. Anyway. The transmission is smooth though I can feel the gear changes during accelerate a little bit. The automatic start/stop can be turned off and stays off in Sport/Comfort mode. The fuel economy is as advertised. The parking distance control (PDC) is very helpful with the rear view camera and particularly useful for drivers who are new to BMW. Very roomy and comfortable. My wife and 5-year old like to be in the car. My car is Metallic Grey. It looks bright and shining under daylight and dark and decent at night. Overall I’m very satisfied."

A great RWD sedan.

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Free maintenance, efficiency, poise, comfort"

Cons: "Tires, certain low-speed jerkiness"

"Great driving dynamics, very comfortable, very quick yet efficient(37 mpg highway on long trips). Two small gripes are somewhat jerky operational in stop and go traffic at times and not the grippiest of tires(runflats are also expensive)"

Well engineered

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great styling"

Cons: "Run flats,..."

"Great gas mileage....avg 31.6 in mixed driving, 45 with cruise at75 in Eco mode. Hit the sport button, and have fun, still bmw driving experience. No issues in 16 months."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25