2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,435 - $34,318.

10/8.4

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Im satisfied with this car

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks good, holds its value"

Cons: "Not a lot of room in the back"

"I had it for over a year now and Im satisfied with the car. It looks good, no issues with quality, for now its really reliable. It doesnt have a lot of room in the back for additional 3 passengers."

Amazing to drive

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"It's a BMW and everything you would expect from BMW. I have had American cars in the past and had nothing but problems with them. Since I got the BMW I have not had one issue. The quality of the car is what you'd expect and it is so much fun to drive."

Love my vehicle

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Safe and reliable"

Cons: "Hard to fasten booster seat for 5 year old"

"Best car for quality and safety I have ever owned!"

Love this car!!!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great, best value among 3's"

Cons: "none!!!"

"We bought the '14 320i a couple of months ago, and are loving it so far!!! Also drove the '14 328i, and glad we didn't pony up the extra $4K because the 320i felt virtually the same. The car has 3 transmission modes which you can select at your fingertips, and feels like 3 different cars. In the sport mode, the steering suddenly becomes much tighter and the car just leaps out when you tap lightly on the gas pedal - always leaves me smiling ear to ear! We chose the drivers assistance package, and the rear camera plus sensors at the 4 corners are a HUGE help. The navigation system has a nice large color screen and voice commands. The iDrive controller has a touch pad, and best of all, it lets you search stuff such as a restaurant's name by "writing" the first few characters with your finger (the software recognizes the handwriting)! The car automatically syncs with the iPhone unfailingly, and the steering even includes controls to look up recent numbers. The audio system is great, and the car lets you save entire CD's (we were told upto 2000 CD's) onto its internal hard disk - not sure if this feature comes only with the navigation system, but we find this very useful. The '14 3-series has the best looking exterior design among BMW's in recent memory, and we love the refined interiors too. We were told that the car sends a different encryption code to the remote every time, and that the car doesn't turn on when the remote is not in the immediate vicinity, so in theory, no one intercepting your remote's signal should be able to break in - hopefully that's true. Overall very very satisfied!"

Nice car, dealer and BMW customer service lacking

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Some features are not easy to use,"

"The driver memory is difficult to use, the dealer was not too sure how to use this feature. The connected drive, BMW apps is also confusing, I contacted BMW customer service and they were unable to describe which features were included on my car. I wanted to activate the BMW connect but was, and still unable to do so. The dealer does not seem very knowledgable on the cars features and how they work."

Excellent car. Great highway economy w/ great powe

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "Great highway mileage, smooth power and good braki"

Cons: "City fuel economy could be better w/plug in hybri"

"BMW has designed a car that retains the amazing inline 6 with an electric motor to give tremendous highway fuel economy. In Eco Pro mode on the highway I've had a number of trips with 40 plus mpg fuel economy. The car has had no defects and I haven't returned to the dealer once in the year I've had the car. 27 mpg overall with over 80% of my time in stop and go traffic. Very solid chassis with excellent brakes and great handling. Auto stop and engine shutdown on freeway when coasting in Eco mode are great features. The inline six with electric assist is butter smooth with incredible torque and power when you want or need it. The only big improvement would be to add plug in hybrid technology to bring up the stop and go mileage numbers. BMW has offered very affordable lease rates to make the cost difference between this and a 328 or 335 negligible while allowing you to enjoy the better fuel economy and power."

Comfortable, Handles Well, Responsive Transmission

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Fast, responsive, great fuel economy"

Cons: "Engine sound, some options require packages"

"Traded a Mercedes C300 for this car. Some reviewers say the seats are hard - try a Mercedes and these feel like La-Z-Boy recliners. Everything works as expected, but the engine sounds just like a diesel; however, it also returns gas mileage like one as well - up to 38.7 on the highway. Transmission stays in a high gear, but is very responsive to throttle inputs. No turbo lag - the car is fast and responsive. Overall, I'd buy another one. BMW Office really only works fully with Blackberry phones. Haven't most companies gone with IPhones or Droids?"

Meet and beyond expectations

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "performance, handling, fuel economy and the looks"

Cons: "Options and packages are expensive"

"I've got my 328i xDrive (F30) for a month now and it is everything I hoped for and better. The car drives and handles well. The engine has enough power for passing and maneuvering my way out of traffic. The turbo lag is minimal IMHO. Three driving modes: Sport, Comfort and Eco-Pro. When in Sport, it feels like the car suddenly tightens up and is much more responsive. On switching to Eco-Pro, I can see from the gauge panel that I am saving gas. Well, I get the BMW for some driving pleasure instead of saving gas. Anyway. The transmission is smooth though I can feel the gear changes during accelerate a little bit. The automatic start/stop can be turned off and stays off in Sport/Comfort mode. The fuel economy is as advertised. The parking distance control (PDC) is very helpful with the rear view camera and particularly useful for drivers who are new to BMW. Very roomy and comfortable. My wife and 5-year old like to be in the car. My car is Metallic Grey. It looks bright and shining under daylight and dark and decent at night. Overall I’m very satisfied."

A great RWD sedan.

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Free maintenance, efficiency, poise, comfort"

Cons: "Tires, certain low-speed jerkiness"

"Great driving dynamics, very comfortable, very quick yet efficient(37 mpg highway on long trips). Two small gripes are somewhat jerky operational in stop and go traffic at times and not the grippiest of tires(runflats are also expensive)"

Well engineered

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great styling"

Cons: "Run flats,..."

"Great gas mileage....avg 31.6 in mixed driving, 45 with cruise at75 in Eco mode. Hit the sport button, and have fun, still bmw driving experience. No issues in 16 months."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25