2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,176 - $44,070.

10/8.4

8.4

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Good Car

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Price"

"I like this car"

2013 BMW 328i M Sport Line (CPO). I love this car

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great gas mileage"

Cons: "Start/Stop feature; Pricey; Sound of the engine"

"I purchased this car five months ago and this is my first BMW to own and I am thoroughly pleased. I sold a full size SUV for this car and was concerned about the smaller interior space but I find that I did not use the space but just a few times a year. It was nice putting my mountain bike in the back of the SUV but there is not an issue with the car as I purchased a bike rack. I am blown away by the power of the four cylinder twin turbo engine as well as the amazing gas mileage. I get 33 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway in economy mode. It is a very tight handling machine and I feel very much in control. I have never experienced a car that could handle the way this one does and it is truly the ultimate driving machine. Regarding the cons mentioned above, my previous vehicle was a Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid and the conversion from the electric motor to the gas motor was seamless; however, with the BMW (start/stop feature), when the gas motor kicks in, the car jerks. The sound of the engine sounds like it is running with rubber bands. Even though I love the car, BMW seems to love their cars as well as it is reflected in their prices. Overall, the appearance (interior/exterior) and all of the small features like the light package (lights under each exterior door handle and focal interior lights) makes this car so much fun to drive. I am not one to immediately fall in love with a vehicle until I saw this one and I just knew I had to have it. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a fun sporty/classy car to drive."

Great handling, plenty of power. Nice interior

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Hsndling is second to none. Nice design"

Cons: "Wish the LED display can be hidden/retractable"

"A true Ultimate driving machine. Excellent handling with plenty of power. Beautiful and roomy interior."

Buy this car immediately - 2014 320i xDrive

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable cabin, mpg, looks great"

Cons: "Blue tooth streaming audio not standard"

"I commute to work 100 miles each day round trip. After one week I wish I bought this car sooner. Going 80 miles an hour feels as smooth as 40. The car actually gets faster between 50 and 80. Very little if no wind or road noise at highway levels. Engine has plenty of power and up to 35mpg is nice too. 3 different driving modes (Sport, Eco, and Comfort) offer 3 different driving experiences. Test drive one and you will want it."

The 320i with the Sport Package = the Purist's BMW

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, 'Cheap' for a BMW, Excellent Feel"

Cons: "BMW Nickel and Dimes you for Basic Options"

"2014 320i with Sport Package and Moonroof If you are in the market for a new RWD, perfectly balanced German sports sedan with 50/50 weight distribution, arguably the best automatic transmission in the business, excellent driving dynamics, adequate power and excellent fuel economy, the 320i with the Sport Package is an excellent choice. It has routinely beat out the competition in comparisons and road tests (VW CC, Audi A3 sedan, MB CLA250, Buick Regal, etc.) despite having less power (on paper) than it's competitors. And about the power... Much fuss has been made of this car 'only' coming with 185HP and 200LB ft of torque. First off, it is common knowledge that BMW underrates their engines and dyno testing has shown a stock 320i doing 180HP at the wheels which translates to more like 210HP. Throw on a simple BMS Stage 1 piggyback tune and you are putting down 10HP shy of the 328i in a car that is lighter and about $6000 less. Make no mistake though, the sport package is essential if you want a car that is fun to drive. BMW has gotten soft with the current generation base 'no-line' suspension but with the sport package you get extremely supportive sport seats, the M Sport steering wheel and M sport suspension with 18" staggered summer tires. All this equates to the driving experience BMW is known for. On a final note, if you want a lot of options and frills, this car is not for you. Checking all the option boxes on a 320i will push you well over the $40000 range, but keep it simple and you will still get a fairly well equipped car that above all, is fun to drive, reliable and economical. The Good & Bad: The Good: Excellent handling and road feel with the optional M Sport suspension. Firm yet comfortable Various driving modes that alter transmission behavior and throttle response Excellent fuel economy - I average 26.5MPG with mixed (aggressive) city/hwy driving 8 Speed ZF automatic transmission. Smoothest most responsive AT ever. Used to be a die hard manual guy but this made me a believer Excellent 10 speaker 250w base stereo (2 subs come stock) Excellent build quality, fit finish, sound deadening, no rattles, squeaks, etc. has been dead reliable so far. "Feels" like a BMW ------- The Bad: Comes sparsely equipped in stock form. Features that you would find standard on a well equipped Chevy Cruz don't come on this car, which starts at $32500. Heated seats? $500 option. Xenon/HID headlights? $1000 option. Power seats (these have 10 way manual seats with power side bolsters) - $1000 (come standard on the 328i). If you want power, you have to tune this car. This was not an issue for me, but many people are gunshy of that, so if you want more power and 6.5 seconds to 60MPH isn't enough for you, get the 328i. Base suspension is mushy. Satellite radio? Nope. Have to get that with the $2500 'tech' package. And so on. BMW is like eating at a nice restaurant where everything comes a la carte. If you have a problem with that, this brand is not for you. IF you want a car that is fun to drive, has excellent exterior and interior styling, gets great MPG and won't cost $50000, you'll love this car. Otherwise, look elsewhere."

My video