2012 BMW 3 Series

Based on 62 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Love the vehicle overall

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

"Luxury and power well matched. My only gripe is the awkward shifting it makes at slow speeds when I first get going out of my driveway in the parking lot ...it seems to jolt. Next time I'm getting the smooth shifting 5 series."

Very good vehicle

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "acceleration, build quality and fun to drive"

Cons: "storage, costly options, few standard features"

"I've owned this vehicle for 19 months, and my overall impression is favorable. On the positive side, the car has exceptional build quality, a rigid chassis, powerful turbo charged 4 cylinder engine, and once the turbo gets spooled up, this thing runs like a hungry cheetah! On the down side, every option comes a la carte and at a premium cost. I live in New England, therefore I opted for the XDrive, cold weather pkg., Nav & leather seats, which stickered at over $46,000.00, yet no back-up camera- no reason for a car in this class not to have a backup camera standard. Also the steering is far too light, and not reminiscent of previous generation 3s. That said, this car is not about practicality. If that were the case, I would have purchased a Honda Accord. In the end, the car really is a joy to drive, sips gas, when I'm not putting my foot in it, and has been exceptionally reliable. Would I purchase another? YES!"

Its not your grandfather's 3 series bmw

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

"This is one of the noisiest vehicles I've ever driven. It comes with run-flat tires which make add to the dynamic noise. On concrete road surfaces, you can't hear yourself think. The nav/radio/info device is quirky. It works sometimes and not at other times. It changes from radio to nav information on its own. Sometimes the automatic trunk opening system works; sometimes not. The other day I walked past the back of the car and the trunk opened. It's opened twice on the road while the car was moving. Still, I don't know what I'd chose besides this car if the dealer offered to take it back. I guess I'd chose my old 2004 325!"

A great car

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "The Ultimate Driving Machine"

Cons: "Not cheap."

"My first BMW. Fast, comfortable, roomy, and excellent fuel economy. I commute 65 miles daily, and and impressed by the over 30 mpg mileage. Seat warmers, steering wheel warmer and awd make it a great winter car. Much roomier cabin than the previous 3 series(my wife has a 2011), faster and better mpg's, but steering lighter, not the same feel. Very reliable- only non scheduled maintenance was for a frozen fuel door and 2 flat tires."

Exceeded my high expectations

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun To Drive"

Cons: "Cost, unknown long term reliability"

"My first BMW, and it has exceeded every lofty expectation I had for it. Smooth, endless power - great low end torque and horsepower. Good manual transmission; choosing that helps balance out the driving modes of the vehicle. I drive a good mix of urban highway and in town, not a lot of stop and go. MPG over 30 in 20,000 miles. While driving in Sport mode most of the time. Precision road feel, excellent vehicle dynamics. Recommend getting the adaptive suspension - it is like magic. Great looks, room for 4 adults in comfort for a long trip."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals