2009 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1022 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Best imaginable Car at the Price

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Performance, Range, Handling, Fuel Economy, MaxFun"

Cons: "High initial cost of BNWs, but the best value."

"Read the professional reviews of this car. They all agree that it's one of the best they've ever driven thanks to the incredible straight 6 cylinder twin scroll turbo diesel with 260 hp and 425 lb-ft of torque. The car is under-stressed at highway speed (80 mph at 2000 rpm) and with the sports package, will do an honest 150 mph. (Check out the YouTube videos of this car on the autobahn!) I've never met a hill where it even slowed down! With all this performance, it still gets 25 mpg around town and 30+ on the highway (I've seen over 40 mpg cruising on Hwy 5.) This car has all of the features and performance of the best 335i's with more torque and much better mileage. Yes, diesel fuel can be more expensive than supreme, but the better mileage more than makes up for the difference. Also, the range of the car is 400 miles. A nice feature for us who want to limit our trips for refueling. This car has all the features of the best 3-series plus full torque from 1700 rpm, the highest top speed next to the M3, and incredible mileage. The 5 year, 50,000 mile warranty has covered everything except tires, including a new battery after 40,000 miles on the odometer! The 2011 335d was the last of the performance diesels in the 3-series. The new 328d is the European 320d and has a 4 cylinder turbo engine. It is really about 2/3 of this car in every way."

Sad To Sell

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Performance, comfort, and reliability."

Cons: "Replacement tires are very expensive."

"This is the car I wanted for years, and I finally bought it as new. The car is so fun to drive, and the only reason I'm selling it, is because I've moved to a state where fwd or awd are mandatory due to the weather conditions. The performance, comfort, and reliability are excellent, and I will really miss my buddy."

Completely changed my mind about BMW's

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "twin turbo, awesome seats, exterior features"

Cons: "FACTORY TIRES, paddle shifters, interior, price"

"With this being my first German automobile, i can say that my mind is blown. The 335i offers awesome performance capabilities, while also possessing comfortability. The interior could offer more for the price you pay, but once you get behind the wheel, interior is a thing in the past. The exterior has neck breaking features that will look good even a decade from now. For being a 5,000lb car, the thing handles amazing in rain, sleet, and snow. This twin turbo machine possesses a lot of low-end torque that puts you in your seat and makes driving terrific when you're feeling like a speed demon. The gas mileage is a little disappointing. With this being a twin turbo 6 cylinder, i always find myself wanting to bury my foot in the gas, but even driving casually i find myself only getting around 15mpg city and 23hwy. This a sports car, so expect the suspension to be on the firm side, especially with factory run-flat tires."

Looks nice, but not worth it

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

"The amount of times I have had to service this car is absolutely insane. Every bit of service is incredibly expensive and all the random electronic parts go awry often. Additionally, I have not had the best experience with BMW as a company."

A true pleasure to drive

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Style, performance, comfort, stereo system"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain"

"I've owned my 330xi for four years and put 80,000 miles on it. And I love it. It's great fun to drive on the highways, in the twisties, and in the snow. Repairs/replacements (brakes, shocks, struts, run-flat tires) can be fairly pricy, though. Shop around. Just can't beat the BMW driving experience."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals