2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1070 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Just Drive One! you'll never go back to domestic

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Worth the price tag, very reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bridgestone tires, and back seat leg room."

"I believe in supporting the American ecomony and buy as much "Made in the USA" as I can. But not this.... I started dreaming about BMW ownership when I was 22 after I was privileged enough to drive one from Calgary to Vancouver - through the mountain passes, and on the Coq. 14 years later I finally bought one and have NEVER LOOKED BACK. When they say its the Ultimate Driving Machine - they're not blowing smoke. I bought my 325i as a 2 yr old, it is fully equipped with the premium and sport packages and from the second I rolled it off the car lot I was sold. The steering and suspension are stiff and true, there is not an ounce of hesitation when its time to go, it is completly effortless. It has NEVER let me down. I have maintained the car as recommended and have not had a problem. I agree with other reviews though, the Bridgestone Potenza RFT stock tires are CRAPOLA. they are loud, hard, and wear out prematurely and are also ridiculously expensive for such a worthless piece of rubber. The only reason I gave the rating a 9/10 is because there is limited leg room in the back seat. Ok for small kids, but too tight for adults. If you're considering a move to a luxury/sport, just drive one. The best way to describe the way this car drives is to say it has a resting heart rate of 80 mph."

Certified Pre-Owned

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great in winter, comfortable"

Cons: "No spare tire"

"I bought my 3-Series after searching for months and this was last resort that I stopped at BMW to see what used cars they had on the lot. I haven't bought a used car in over a decade and wasn't thrilled with the idea of buying them again because of headaches. I saw this car in my price range and fell in love. The warranty was better than any new cars I was looking at so was the price. The car is fantastic and drives like a dream. The car is mechanically sound and the body was in great condition. I have been driving it for over a year and will buy again. I would highly recommend a certified pre-owned BMW"

Great car, has been really good.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "nimble, great handling, good fuel consumption"

Cons: "run-flat tires, tight trunk opening space"

"The engine and driving is still solid. I expected to go past 250,000. I don't care too much about the run-flat tires, and the black paint on the roof trimming is starting to peel off. Mechanically, it's in great shape though."

driving enthousiest will love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "handling and stereo"

Cons: "repair cost and dealorships"

"I have had my 328i with sport package now for over 3 years. It has been a great car to own and drive. I have only owned sports cars and this is one of the best. Also have a M3, and for traveling I like my 328 better. The stereo and handling are the best. German cars have a reputation for being problematic but I haven't had any big issues with either of my beamers. I do recommend avoiding the dealerships and changing the oil more frequently than BMW suggest if you want to keep it long term."

The car feels like an extension to my own body!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Agility and handling"

Cons: "Moderate to expensive maintanence"

"Of course a 3 series BMW is a bit pricey, but it has always been well worth every penny. It's agility and handling is spot on! The car feels like an extension to my own body...reacting as quickly as I do to any situation. My wagon can handle the dogs, the groceries, or all my camera and studio equipment with it's roomy hatchback, but has all the pep and speed I need when I'm out on the open road. It can hit 110 like cutting butter so watch out! This ain't no soccer-mom car! One piece of advice is to NEVER take it anywhere else other than a BMW dealer for maintenance. You never want to fool with foreign parts on any vehicle let alone this one...I will always believe that every car manufacturer designs it's cars with factory parts to work synergistically with each other...plus I want the resale value with original and manufacturer only parts ."

More Car and Driver writers drive a BMW3

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "31 mpg highway from 150 mph car? (26.1 avg)"

Cons: "Color was discontinued, very hard to match."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

"I traded my '98 528i to this '06 325i Sport. Both are excellent, but serve slightly different purposes. 3s are a compact "sport coupe" (so to speak). They lean more to performance than just amenified luxury, though no BMW suffers in the performance or safety department. I think BMW inline 6cyl are just about the most robust and efficient engine in it's class produced, and tout with regular factory service as specified, you can keep almost any BMW running forever. The 3 is fun, responsive, yet refined, safe, and very street-able. A fun yet sensicle combo."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

simply a joy to drive, but....

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Driving dynamics are superior to any other vehicle"

Cons: "reliabitlty and uneasiness of self repairs."

"We simply love to drive this beemer. Its outfitted with the sports package and hugs the road tightly. Most people think this package is a bit rough but we don't think so. Compared to the base model I feel that this suspension (sport) is far superior for road manners. Driving dynamics and interior comfort are supreme aspects, however there are a few notable flaws. Reliability has never really been the strong arm of bmw's. Still goes true for us as we have already had to replace the electric water pump. There have been other issues that have come and since been repaired but all have seem to surface after the expiration of the warranty, go figure! Love/hate relationship but it's still in our driveway so we must love it more than we hate it?"

"The Ultimate Driving Machine"!!!!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "BMW thinks f everything. What a blast to drive!"

Cons: "N/A"

"What a complete hoot to drive. BMW thinks of everything to make your driving experience the very best!!! I have only one regret....it reminds me of seeing HD TV for the first time... I never knew what I was missing...Now, I'm hooked! I can't see ever driving anything else, if I can be so lucky!"

I absolutley love this car!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, hadles well, comfortable, beautiful!"

Cons: "Maintainance costs, gas prices"

"No matter my mood, getting behind the wheel of this car instantly perks me up. I don't know a ton about cars and their inner workings so the feeling a car gives me plus how it handles are key. Until recently, I lived in a very rural area with lots of winding roads. This car takes turns like a champ!"

very good car

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

"Its a very good reliable car and engineered to perfection as far as the engine and confort is concerned.The only con on this vehicle would be its tires. They are very expensive to replace and the maintenance is also expensive. Other then that its an amazing vehicle,and I would recommend it to anyboby."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals