2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1002 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Best car I've ever had. Immaculate in perfect cond

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "A real pleasure to drive"

"Couldn't be nicer. Just like new and always garaged."

very nice car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"This car is fun to drive."

Drove great, had reliability issues.

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Reason: Poor reliability

Pros: "Great driving car"

Cons: "Reliability"

"We bought this car new in August of 2006. This was one of the best driving automobiles I have ever driven. BMW goes to great lengths to make it that way. Almost perfect 50/20 weight distribution and rear-wheel drive are two of the reasons. The car was a little small for my 6'-2" frame, but once inside, I had plenty of room. My issue with the car was reliability. We should have known something was up when the BMW Assist didn't work on the test drive. While on our first trip in the car we spent half a day in a dealership getting the computer re-programmed. We ultimately had issues with engine and transmission oil leaks, a popping sound in the rear end, tapping noise from the valve train, push-button start failure, cooling fan failure, tire pressure sensor failure... It seems like every time the car went in the shop we spent $2,500 a pop. Also, and this is not a problem with the car but was still an issue with me, we had to drive 130 miles round trip to the dealership just to get the oil changed. I would love to have been able to keep the car longer and enjoy it, but I couldn't stand the constant drain on my pocketbook. This was our first and last BMW. I get much better reliability from my Honda and it cost about half as much."

Good steering feel only....

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Steering feel"

Cons: "Horrible Reliability"

"I loved the steering feel of the car. Also the 328i is very simple and not full of flashy gadgets like the other cars have, which i like. Bad part is the reliability. Just after the factory warranty expired, the radiator started leaking. Had to do a complete cooling system overhaul which cost $1800. Next the rear differential started leaking. It was a $900 fix. Then the sway bar link bushings went bad. Another $500 just to replace the bushings. Between 50000 - 70000 miles, i had to spend $3200 just to keep the car running. This is really bad German engineering. BMW just does 1 thing right and that was the steering feel. Even that they messed it up from the 2012 year model since they started using electric power steering. The new BMW drive like a Camry. Suggest something Japanese like Infinity or Lexus. Because now BMW handles just like them. The steering feel is just like the Japanese cars. Very light and over boosted. At-least with the Japanese cars, you get decent reliability. Money that you save can be spent on something else."

Great car, has been really good.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "nimble, great handling, good fuel consumption"

Cons: "run-flat tires, tight trunk opening space"

"The engine and driving is still solid. I expected to go past 250,000. I don't care too much about the run-flat tires, and the black paint on the roof trimming is starting to peel off. Mechanically, it's in great shape though."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for