2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 974 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

ultimate driving machine..repairs costly tho

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "superior handling, suspension, control"

Cons: "cost of repair"

"I've had my 2007 335i for four years now, bought it in 2008. I've owned several different vehicles, mostly sports cars, but this was my first BMW. Handling and performance are very important to me, and I give it 5 stars in both categories (note: my 335i came with all packages, all upgrades, which includes better suspension, wheels, etc). It's sporty, even the sedan, even without all the upgrades. And the turbo boost is pretty cool too. Those are my compliments. Now for the complaints. Everything on this car is expensive to replace. Everything. The warranty covers repairs up to 50k miles but after that, it's all on you. So far, I've spent $5600 on maintenance/repairs, $2800 for tires (note: I don't spare any expense or cheap out on components or repairs, I only use what BMW recommends or better...it is a performance car). If you're the kind of person that doesn't have to budget, cool I guess, but if you're like me, you do. When considering the purchase price of this car, you need to include cost of repairs because you're going to need it. All that being said, I still love my 335i and don't regret my decision at all. And for my next car, what will I get?? Another BMW of course. They're seriously that much fun to drive."

My third and last BMW

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "fund to drive, great looks, high resale value"

Cons: "unreliable"

"I purchased my 330i with 34,000 miles. It currently has 97k miles. The Good: great looking car, great driving dynamics, very smooth acceleration, amazing sound system, love the overall look. The Bad: This car has been a nothing short of a nightmare... While under warranty I had the "sticky" door handles replaced twice, passenger side air bag sensor replaced, peeling interior door trim. After the warranty expired, @60k miles I had a transmission fluid leak (faulty mechatronic sleeve?!!) and oil pan seal $800, @70k miles bad crankshaft seal $1200, @80k miles wheel bearing and new battery $900, and @96k miles waterpump and thermostat failure left me stranded on the highway 100 miles from home $1300 (towing was free, thank god) @97k miles car started shaking like an earthquake while idle... faulty ignition coils 2 out 6 replaced $300.... The run flat tires are great for not getting flats... I have driven nearly 70k miles and never a flat but they provide a loud rough ride for the car... Summary: Buy this car for the looks only and get rid it ASAP after you warranty expires."

Great to Drive but a Pain to Own

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "great handling, steering braking"

Cons: "pain in the butt"

"My 328i has the premium package, sport package and a 6 speed manual transmission. The car is not blazingly fast but it handles better than any car I have driven short of a Porsche. The sport suspension is very firm but not uncomfortable. The steering is the most direct I have ever experienced. The car feels like it is on rails. The brakes are superb and the stick shift is excellent with one reservation..it sometimes balks going into first gear. The problem with the car are the dumb little things that keep going wrong. I have had seatbelt problems, locking system problems, starters burning out..all annoying stuff that has been covered under the warranty. Too many trips to the dealer for repairs. If it were any other car, I would have gotten rid of it long ago but I love how it drives so I still have it. A true LOVE-HATE relationship. My advice, if you get the car, lease it and let them pay for everything..not you. By the way, I have driven the car without the sport suspension and with an automatic transmission. It's OK but not even close."

Great car

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Handling, quality, looks (from the front)."

Cons: "Smallish back seat. Slow acceleration."

"Purchased car as 3rd vehicle about 1 year ago. It had about 55k miles on it. We love the vehicle. So much so that it has moved up to a daily driver rather than a 3rd vehicle. Thus far (knock on wood) no issues with reliability. The car handles great. Acceleration could be better but then again if you want acceleration you buy a M series. I am a big guy (6 ft 2 and about 275) I can drive/ride compfortably. The back seat is a little small for anyone but adults that are smaller or children."

1st and Last BMW

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Reason: I was disappointed with quality of vehicle as well as service experience at BMW Service Centers.

Pros: "Exeterior looks nice"

Cons: "Overall design, reliability, and quality on 335xi"

"I purchased my first BMW in 2009 and it was a 335XI Coupe. You hear that the 3 series for BMW is a good car etc and of course ads galore on tv, websites, and so on. The service centers I have been to in VA and CT did sloppy jobs e.g. I had missing tire caps after buying tires at one center. Also, had some nice grease marks from mechanics on my interior after a technician(s) conducted maintenance or repairs. I just my fuel pump as well as mutliple injecdors replaced this year, 2011, five different times. One time my car was smoking like crazy from the muffler and I was fortunate enough that a BMW service center was somewhat nearby otherwise TOW truck time! It would of been more money out of my pocket for fuel pump issues that BMW warranties up to 10 years/120K miles. I didn't want to spend any more time with the service center folks so I decided to trade my vehicle in for a non-BMW. Can you imagine changing the fuel pump continuously for 10 years/120K miles? It was a disappointing experience in buying this vehicle and BMW customer service/headquarters were not very responsive or helpful in resolving my fuel pump issues."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals