2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1011 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Just Drive One! you'll never go back to domestic

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Worth the price tag, very reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bridgestone tires, and back seat leg room."

"I believe in supporting the American ecomony and buy as much "Made in the USA" as I can. But not this.... I started dreaming about BMW ownership when I was 22 after I was privileged enough to drive one from Calgary to Vancouver - through the mountain passes, and on the Coq. 14 years later I finally bought one and have NEVER LOOKED BACK. When they say its the Ultimate Driving Machine - they're not blowing smoke. I bought my 325i as a 2 yr old, it is fully equipped with the premium and sport packages and from the second I rolled it off the car lot I was sold. The steering and suspension are stiff and true, there is not an ounce of hesitation when its time to go, it is completly effortless. It has NEVER let me down. I have maintained the car as recommended and have not had a problem. I agree with other reviews though, the Bridgestone Potenza RFT stock tires are CRAPOLA. they are loud, hard, and wear out prematurely and are also ridiculously expensive for such a worthless piece of rubber. The only reason I gave the rating a 9/10 is because there is limited leg room in the back seat. Ok for small kids, but too tight for adults. If you're considering a move to a luxury/sport, just drive one. The best way to describe the way this car drives is to say it has a resting heart rate of 80 mph."

The car feels like an extension to my own body!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Agility and handling"

Cons: "Moderate to expensive maintanence"

"Of course a 3 series BMW is a bit pricey, but it has always been well worth every penny. It's agility and handling is spot on! The car feels like an extension to my own body...reacting as quickly as I do to any situation. My wagon can handle the dogs, the groceries, or all my camera and studio equipment with it's roomy hatchback, but has all the pep and speed I need when I'm out on the open road. It can hit 110 like cutting butter so watch out! This ain't no soccer-mom car! One piece of advice is to NEVER take it anywhere else other than a BMW dealer for maintenance. You never want to fool with foreign parts on any vehicle let alone this one...I will always believe that every car manufacturer designs it's cars with factory parts to work synergistically with each other...plus I want the resale value with original and manufacturer only parts ."

More Car and Driver writers drive a BMW3

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "31 mpg highway from 150 mph car? (26.1 avg)"

Cons: "Color was discontinued, very hard to match."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

"I traded my '98 528i to this '06 325i Sport. Both are excellent, but serve slightly different purposes. 3s are a compact "sport coupe" (so to speak). They lean more to performance than just amenified luxury, though no BMW suffers in the performance or safety department. I think BMW inline 6cyl are just about the most robust and efficient engine in it's class produced, and tout with regular factory service as specified, you can keep almost any BMW running forever. The 3 is fun, responsive, yet refined, safe, and very street-able. A fun yet sensicle combo."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

simply a joy to drive, but....

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Driving dynamics are superior to any other vehicle"

Cons: "reliabitlty and uneasiness of self repairs."

"We simply love to drive this beemer. Its outfitted with the sports package and hugs the road tightly. Most people think this package is a bit rough but we don't think so. Compared to the base model I feel that this suspension (sport) is far superior for road manners. Driving dynamics and interior comfort are supreme aspects, however there are a few notable flaws. Reliability has never really been the strong arm of bmw's. Still goes true for us as we have already had to replace the electric water pump. There have been other issues that have come and since been repaired but all have seem to surface after the expiration of the warranty, go figure! Love/hate relationship but it's still in our driveway so we must love it more than we hate it?"

"The Ultimate Driving Machine"!!!!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "BMW thinks f everything. What a blast to drive!"

Cons: "N/A"

"What a complete hoot to drive. BMW thinks of everything to make your driving experience the very best!!! I have only one regret....it reminds me of seeing HD TV for the first time... I never knew what I was missing...Now, I'm hooked! I can't see ever driving anything else, if I can be so lucky!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals