2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1013 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

I love this car PERIOD.

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, options"

Cons: "Maybe just the window switch placement."

"I have had this car for 3 years and still can't wait to drive it everyday. I don't have a single complaint. I have an 2000 BMW 328ci (I just couldn't say goodbye) and a 2012 Camaro SS. The Camaro may have a bit more power but this beast does what all BMW claim to give the ultimate driving experience. The Camaro is nice to drive sure but I still can't get over how a sedan with a six cylinder handles and puts out enough power to plant you in your seat and the best part is my wife doesn't have to hold on for dear life as she doesn't realize I just got off a 180 degree exit ramp doing 80, haha. Just a great car all around. No problems to date except a window regulator which I fixed with a replacement part for $18."

For those that love driving

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Handling, responsive, acceleration, gas mileage"

Cons: "Interior features, run flat tires with no spare"

"I was looking for a dependable, well built, 4 door sedan that still retained a sporty feel. This car fit the bill and then some. I looked at lexus, toyota, honda, acura, but it seemed most of the cost of the higher end vehicles went into interior bells and whistles and NOT how the car handled. The BMW is first a sports car, second a sedan and you can feel that when driving it. Love love the handling, the braking and the responsiveness of the car. Its solid, well built and I have had no mechanical problems. The gas mileage on this car is GREAT for a V-6 (and with my heavy footed driving). I get 26 mpg with mostly in town driving, and 31.5 mpg on the highway. There are only a couple complaints I have that prevent this from being a 5 star vehicle. First, run flat tires are a pain, and with no spare in the trunk you are a bit stuck with your choices. In a colder climate with winter damaged roads, run flats are not real practical and a rough hard ride. I finally went with a better non run flat tire, and purchased triple A coverage. The car rides MUCH better now, I am just crossing my fingers for no flat anytime soon. The interior is lacking a lot of extras, which I am fine with but some folks might find a negative. Cup holders are not very practical, very little interior storage (the manual will not even fit in the glove box), and for some reason they decided to put the lock/unlock button in the center of the dash which means you have to get IN the car to unlock the doors essentially. Also, some of the orange text in the displays is a pain with polarized sun glasses (seems minor, but you cannot read the radio/display with them on). If you can afford it and you live in a colder climate, I highly recommend the xi model for the AWD. Rear wheel drive in snow run flats equals no fun."

Switching from Honda to BMW from here on out!

By on Friday, September 04, 2009

"Pros: Style, Power, Accurate Steer, glued to the road, a/c, dealer experience, 1.9% financing, year end deals. Cons: Seats don't breath, Premium gas. All in all, a much nicer experience than the Accord 6cyl for just a few thousand more. Don't buy the wheel/tire insurance, run flat replacements are less than $200 each. Also don't buy the i-pod adapter, go to the apple store and save over $300."

Great car, has been really good.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "nimble, great handling, good fuel consumption"

Cons: "run-flat tires, tight trunk opening space"

"The engine and driving is still solid. I expected to go past 250,000. I don't care too much about the run-flat tires, and the black paint on the roof trimming is starting to peel off. Mechanically, it's in great shape though."

driving enthousiest will love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "handling and stereo"

Cons: "repair cost and dealorships"

"I have had my 328i with sport package now for over 3 years. It has been a great car to own and drive. I have only owned sports cars and this is one of the best. Also have a M3, and for traveling I like my 328 better. The stereo and handling are the best. German cars have a reputation for being problematic but I haven't had any big issues with either of my beamers. I do recommend avoiding the dealerships and changing the oil more frequently than BMW suggest if you want to keep it long term."

Just Drive One! you'll never go back to domestic

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Worth the price tag, very reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bridgestone tires, and back seat leg room."

"I believe in supporting the American ecomony and buy as much "Made in the USA" as I can. But not this.... I started dreaming about BMW ownership when I was 22 after I was privileged enough to drive one from Calgary to Vancouver - through the mountain passes, and on the Coq. 14 years later I finally bought one and have NEVER LOOKED BACK. When they say its the Ultimate Driving Machine - they're not blowing smoke. I bought my 325i as a 2 yr old, it is fully equipped with the premium and sport packages and from the second I rolled it off the car lot I was sold. The steering and suspension are stiff and true, there is not an ounce of hesitation when its time to go, it is completly effortless. It has NEVER let me down. I have maintained the car as recommended and have not had a problem. I agree with other reviews though, the Bridgestone Potenza RFT stock tires are CRAPOLA. they are loud, hard, and wear out prematurely and are also ridiculously expensive for such a worthless piece of rubber. The only reason I gave the rating a 9/10 is because there is limited leg room in the back seat. Ok for small kids, but too tight for adults. If you're considering a move to a luxury/sport, just drive one. The best way to describe the way this car drives is to say it has a resting heart rate of 80 mph."

The car feels like an extension to my own body!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Agility and handling"

Cons: "Moderate to expensive maintanence"

"Of course a 3 series BMW is a bit pricey, but it has always been well worth every penny. It's agility and handling is spot on! The car feels like an extension to my own body...reacting as quickly as I do to any situation. My wagon can handle the dogs, the groceries, or all my camera and studio equipment with it's roomy hatchback, but has all the pep and speed I need when I'm out on the open road. It can hit 110 like cutting butter so watch out! This ain't no soccer-mom car! One piece of advice is to NEVER take it anywhere else other than a BMW dealer for maintenance. You never want to fool with foreign parts on any vehicle let alone this one...I will always believe that every car manufacturer designs it's cars with factory parts to work synergistically with each other...plus I want the resale value with original and manufacturer only parts ."

More Car and Driver writers drive a BMW3

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "31 mpg highway from 150 mph car? (26.1 avg)"

Cons: "Color was discontinued, very hard to match."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

"I traded my '98 528i to this '06 325i Sport. Both are excellent, but serve slightly different purposes. 3s are a compact "sport coupe" (so to speak). They lean more to performance than just amenified luxury, though no BMW suffers in the performance or safety department. I think BMW inline 6cyl are just about the most robust and efficient engine in it's class produced, and tout with regular factory service as specified, you can keep almost any BMW running forever. The 3 is fun, responsive, yet refined, safe, and very street-able. A fun yet sensicle combo."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

simply a joy to drive, but....

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Driving dynamics are superior to any other vehicle"

Cons: "reliabitlty and uneasiness of self repairs."

"We simply love to drive this beemer. Its outfitted with the sports package and hugs the road tightly. Most people think this package is a bit rough but we don't think so. Compared to the base model I feel that this suspension (sport) is far superior for road manners. Driving dynamics and interior comfort are supreme aspects, however there are a few notable flaws. Reliability has never really been the strong arm of bmw's. Still goes true for us as we have already had to replace the electric water pump. There have been other issues that have come and since been repaired but all have seem to surface after the expiration of the warranty, go figure! Love/hate relationship but it's still in our driveway so we must love it more than we hate it?"

"The Ultimate Driving Machine"!!!!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "BMW thinks f everything. What a blast to drive!"

Cons: "N/A"

"What a complete hoot to drive. BMW thinks of everything to make your driving experience the very best!!! I have only one regret....it reminds me of seeing HD TV for the first time... I never knew what I was missing...Now, I'm hooked! I can't see ever driving anything else, if I can be so lucky!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals