2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1022 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Best imaginable Car at the Price

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Performance, Range, Handling, Fuel Economy, MaxFun"

Cons: "High initial cost of BNWs, but the best value."

"Read the professional reviews of this car. They all agree that it's one of the best they've ever driven thanks to the incredible straight 6 cylinder twin scroll turbo diesel with 260 hp and 425 lb-ft of torque. The car is under-stressed at highway speed (80 mph at 2000 rpm) and with the sports package, will do an honest 150 mph. (Check out the YouTube videos of this car on the autobahn!) I've never met a hill where it even slowed down! With all this performance, it still gets 25 mpg around town and 30+ on the highway (I've seen over 40 mpg cruising on Hwy 5.) This car has all of the features and performance of the best 335i's with more torque and much better mileage. Yes, diesel fuel can be more expensive than supreme, but the better mileage more than makes up for the difference. Also, the range of the car is 400 miles. A nice feature for us who want to limit our trips for refueling. This car has all the features of the best 3-series plus full torque from 1700 rpm, the highest top speed next to the M3, and incredible mileage. The 5 year, 50,000 mile warranty has covered everything except tires, including a new battery after 40,000 miles on the odometer! The 2011 335d was the last of the performance diesels in the 3-series. The new 328d is the European 320d and has a 4 cylinder turbo engine. It is really about 2/3 of this car in every way."

Sad To Sell

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Performance, comfort, and reliability."

Cons: "Replacement tires are very expensive."

"This is the car I wanted for years, and I finally bought it as new. The car is so fun to drive, and the only reason I'm selling it, is because I've moved to a state where fwd or awd are mandatory due to the weather conditions. The performance, comfort, and reliability are excellent, and I will really miss my buddy."

Completely changed my mind about BMW's

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "twin turbo, awesome seats, exterior features"

Cons: "FACTORY TIRES, paddle shifters, interior, price"

"With this being my first German automobile, i can say that my mind is blown. The 335i offers awesome performance capabilities, while also possessing comfortability. The interior could offer more for the price you pay, but once you get behind the wheel, interior is a thing in the past. The exterior has neck breaking features that will look good even a decade from now. For being a 5,000lb car, the thing handles amazing in rain, sleet, and snow. This twin turbo machine possesses a lot of low-end torque that puts you in your seat and makes driving terrific when you're feeling like a speed demon. The gas mileage is a little disappointing. With this being a twin turbo 6 cylinder, i always find myself wanting to bury my foot in the gas, but even driving casually i find myself only getting around 15mpg city and 23hwy. This a sports car, so expect the suspension to be on the firm side, especially with factory run-flat tires."

Looks nice, but not worth it

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

"The amount of times I have had to service this car is absolutely insane. Every bit of service is incredibly expensive and all the random electronic parts go awry often. Additionally, I have not had the best experience with BMW as a company."

A true pleasure to drive

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Style, performance, comfort, stereo system"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain"

"I've owned my 330xi for four years and put 80,000 miles on it. And I love it. It's great fun to drive on the highways, in the twisties, and in the snow. Repairs/replacements (brakes, shocks, struts, run-flat tires) can be fairly pricy, though. Shop around. Just can't beat the BMW driving experience."

Fantastic blend of luxury and performance

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Performance, Handling, Styling, Build Quality"

Cons: "Stock Rear Differential is Open Design"

"I am absolutely a gearhead and someone who pays close to attention to all of the details of how a car is made, it's aftermarket appeal, or the quality of the driving experience in stock form it delivers. Although many cars offer similar options as the 335i like heated and power seats, automatic windshield wipers (these are superior to others I've used/had in other makes version), moonroof, etc. there are some key differences in the 335i. BMW's rack and pinion steering is absolutely one of the best on the market. The car is predictable and you always feel like you are in complete control of the car but not pushing the car past what it can do. The powertrain is purely astonishing. Everything from the motor, transmission, and fuel system are designed to handle power levels far beyond it's stock rating. (which is underrated by about 10% by the way). This is great for someone who is looking into aftermarket enchancements for greater power, or someone who simply looking for long term reliability from a car in stock form. Once you combine the interior luxury (no it's not an Aston Martin of course), but the interior is completely functional. It's not overly flashy, but everything works and is very clean. The retractable cupholders are a great touch and storage is ample. What really sets this car apart for me though is the timeless exterior styling and the twin turbo inline 6 forged internals powerplant, or better known as the N54. Truly a fantastic car that is tough to be without jumping up into a much higher price point. It's the little things like the active headlights and additional side light that turns on when you make a turn, the automatic wipers, the adjustable seat bolsters, the twin turbo motor, you just know you're not in an average car."

Great Vehicle 2 have, you wont look back @ Gassers

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Excellent mileage,fun to drive,LOTS of Torque"

Cons: "EGR/DPF/Urea Tank all 3 are a pain on your 335d"

My car

"I ordered my car, the I6 Twin Scroll DIESEL is a beast once its moded, but there is a MAJOR flaw and it is that BMWoA did not see, and that is the infamous UREA tank, DPF and sensor will go out constantly luckily the warranty helps out. Also, the EGR(exhaust gas recirculator) is very detrimental for the engine and will cause CBU(carbon build up) something BMWoA i aware off and will not pay for , yes, you have to pay for the cleaning. Otherwise, the car is EXCELLENT, the other alternative is to forgo the DPF/EGR and code it out"

My car

Stink bomb

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Handles well but that was about it."

Cons: "The motor and the ride in particular were extremel"

"I had already owned a 2004 325xi and a 2005 325ci, both of which were great cars. The 2007 328xi that I had was a total nightmare from its extremely hard riding run flat tires to the sputtering V-6 engine. Just a terrible experience that has probably turned me off to ever owning another 3 series. Overall experience on this particular car was POOR."

Ilove this car, best I've ever driven.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, sporty but not too showy"

Cons: "expensive to repair"

"I want another BMW the next time I get a car. Once you've driven a BMW there is no going back!"

The Diesel Rocks!

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

"The car is truly awesome in a lot of ways. The torque makes everyday driving situations a joy. It has the power to push you back in your seat at very low rpm. It is fast and handles superbly. Rock solid and planted at triple digit speeds. Gets 37mpg at 70 and 29.5mpg at 90 on the interstate. However, if I had it to do over again I would not get the sport suspension unless you are going to be driving somewhere with very smooth roads, are under 40, or are a glutton for punishment. I have driven a 328 with normal suspension from the same year and it was much more pleasant on city streets but was not as razor sharp and flat in the curves.(Nor was it nearly as fast) What you get with this car is a sub 6 second zero-60, well handling, good looking, practical vehicle with outstanding highway fuel economy. Perfect for someone who travels a lot."

Ragtop rocket

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Driving experience"

Cons: "Not inexpensive to maintain after the warranty"

"Thrill to drive. Very fast with outstanding handling. Nav is a bit lame, but otherwise a huge winner."

Excellent mechanical condition

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Excellent mechanical condition, great performance!"

Cons: "Minor dings, tire wear"

"Perfect blend of style and performance, this car has it all! It handles like a sports car yet is as comfortable as a the luxury car it is. Mechanically car is literally as good as new, amazing ride with lower than average mileage. There are some minor dings and tire wear. The sports package, premium package, and heated seats add to the pleasure of this very well appointed coupe, this ultimate driving machine is the best I've ever owned!"

The ultimate drivers car

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, controlled and driver friendly"

"Once you drive a BMW 3 series for few days whether it's on a highway or a county road you will be with it forever. The way it accelerates, the way it is planted to the road it's an experience. The best part is the way it delivers the power. It is close to perfection, buying my BMW is the best thing I ever did in my life."

One of the best cars overall that I have owned

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, decent gas mileage on reg,cold weather pack"

Cons: "High service cost; no spare tire"

"I would buy this car again."

Excellent car, a blast to drive

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"This car is in great condition both mechanically and in terms of appearance. It was my wife's car and, unfortunately, she passed away not long ago. It is a twin-turbo mover but with surprisingly good gas mileage (26 MPH on recent trip). Perhaps equally important, it has 2+ years and 20,000+ miles remaining on an extended warrantee that can be conveyed to the new owner."

Lived up to my dreams

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "great to drive, good on gas, solid in bad weather"

Cons: "cup holder location. As if that's a Big deal."

"Finally able to get a BMW when I handed the Nissan to my daughter when she turned 16. This car has been great to drive for the past 8 years and 140k+ miles. The 325xi AWD is the most sure-footed car, better in the snow than the Volvo XC90, better than FWD Nissan or Hyundai. It is responsive on the accelerator, brake, and especially the steering. Good on gas on the highways, getting over 30mph when averaging over the posted. Downside? The cupholders are not in a good place. And the back seat is not good for an adult traveling more than 2 hours. Next car is another BMW, but I plan to take delivery in Germany for that one."

Off the Showroom 2009 328i Sedan Still smells new.

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Tight drive and quiet."

"Only 21750 miles garage kept like the day it was bought. Great first car for a younger college student. Clean inside and out. You won't find a BMW or otherwise in this great condition. All service up to date. Records available."

Best handling car I have ever owned

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

"This vehicle has done everything I have asked of it in all climates. It handles and performs like a sports card and gets over 25 mpg."

Awesome Car

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, performance"

Cons: "price, fuel"

"Best Car ever! expensive but you pay for what you get. Paid 38,500 and got the tire warrenty so 40,000 with 2.9%. I never used the tire warrenty never had a flat. Run Flats are expensive. replaced then after 45,000 mile with Falken Ziel. Came with Contenetal which are better tires with more grip. Premium package was quick a bit more and its a heavy RWD car. Hard to make the car drift UNLESS your in manuel mode. Turn off the Tration contol for some fun. seems like its always on. Interior is awesome. NIce europenan touch. My last car...JETTA was a lemmon this car beat it in everyway. Test drove a Prius, CR-Z, Camaro RS and SS and ford fusion. Have to say this car beat them all. Performance and pretty good with fuel. I fill 91 but I think it will take 87. so far 26mpg combined but I have a heavy foot. Sport mode is way too fun. Manuel mode to prove whose BOSS. Probably 32 mpg if I was driving like a grandma... Expensive but Worth it in safety and comfort"

328i, auto, loaded, Great Vehicle however

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Nice lines, handles very well, solid ride, but"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"This is a great vehicle however the gas mileage for a senior like myself who has a light foot is about 15 mpg average"

Best car I've ever had. Immaculate in perfect cond

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "A real pleasure to drive"

"Couldn't be nicer. Just like new and always garaged."

very nice car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"This car is fun to drive."

Drove great, had reliability issues.

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Reason: Poor reliability

Pros: "Great driving car"

Cons: "Reliability"

"We bought this car new in August of 2006. This was one of the best driving automobiles I have ever driven. BMW goes to great lengths to make it that way. Almost perfect 50/20 weight distribution and rear-wheel drive are two of the reasons. The car was a little small for my 6'-2" frame, but once inside, I had plenty of room. My issue with the car was reliability. We should have known something was up when the BMW Assist didn't work on the test drive. While on our first trip in the car we spent half a day in a dealership getting the computer re-programmed. We ultimately had issues with engine and transmission oil leaks, a popping sound in the rear end, tapping noise from the valve train, push-button start failure, cooling fan failure, tire pressure sensor failure... It seems like every time the car went in the shop we spent $2,500 a pop. Also, and this is not a problem with the car but was still an issue with me, we had to drive 130 miles round trip to the dealership just to get the oil changed. I would love to have been able to keep the car longer and enjoy it, but I couldn't stand the constant drain on my pocketbook. This was our first and last BMW. I get much better reliability from my Honda and it cost about half as much."

Good steering feel only....

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Steering feel"

Cons: "Horrible Reliability"

"I loved the steering feel of the car. Also the 328i is very simple and not full of flashy gadgets like the other cars have, which i like. Bad part is the reliability. Just after the factory warranty expired, the radiator started leaking. Had to do a complete cooling system overhaul which cost $1800. Next the rear differential started leaking. It was a $900 fix. Then the sway bar link bushings went bad. Another $500 just to replace the bushings. Between 50000 - 70000 miles, i had to spend $3200 just to keep the car running. This is really bad German engineering. BMW just does 1 thing right and that was the steering feel. Even that they messed it up from the 2012 year model since they started using electric power steering. The new BMW drive like a Camry. Suggest something Japanese like Infinity or Lexus. Because now BMW handles just like them. The steering feel is just like the Japanese cars. Very light and over boosted. At-least with the Japanese cars, you get decent reliability. Money that you save can be spent on something else."

Great car, has been really good.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "nimble, great handling, good fuel consumption"

Cons: "run-flat tires, tight trunk opening space"

"The engine and driving is still solid. I expected to go past 250,000. I don't care too much about the run-flat tires, and the black paint on the roof trimming is starting to peel off. Mechanically, it's in great shape though."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals