• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2007 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1042 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

This is my third BMW. I just love the handling.

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2015

"I am very happy with my 335 d. It drives so well and it feels safe and secure. The only drawback with a diesel car: on a trip, one has to plan in advance where to refuel to avoid surprises. Not all gas stations advertising diesel have diesel for cars !"

Perfect sports coupe

By on Sunday, May 03, 2015

Pros: "Handling, steering, acceleration, transmission"

Cons: "Interior quality could be a little better"

"Beautiful handling - feels just right. Very planted and confidence inspiring. Confidence inspiring brakes. Good steering feel. Great exhaust note."

I've enjoyed it, my favorite BMW to date

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun Reliable Convenient"

Cons: "cup holders are shallow"

"I bought the car new, it's a 2008, and it was perfect for me. I love to drive, and thoroughtly enjoyed the handling of this car. I just couldn't live without the carrying capacity and convenience of a wagon, and love the sporty look along with the zippy drive. Back home, the road are windy and hilly, and this car loved the terrain. I particularly liked the panoramic roof, it opened wide enough that I didn't miss the convertible I used to have! Have I mentioned how great the wagon is? I transported a full kitchen of ready to assemble cabinets from an Ikea back home to my place on the the Gulf Coast of Florida. Another time, I drove straight through 1100 miles, to make a deadline and definitely wished the seat was more plush, but that might have been the case with any car. I've had several BMW's through the last 25 years, and this is the smallest one yet, and it's been a gem, reliable, convenient and very fun to drive. I'm replacing it, because my husband has a long upper body, and at 6'3" and 245# finds the headroom a bit cramped for his height, but his head nearly touches the roof of his car, so he often offers to drive, even though I prefer to drive, hence the reason why my mileage is so low. (I secretly think he's jealous how much I love my car, and that the local fireman during the boot collection remarked that he didn't realize BMW made wagons, and that it looked sexy!) I wish BMW made this body style still, I'm not as fond of the "chunky" looking X1, so, not sure what else I'll buy. Maintainance was always done at the dealership, and since I never had anything beyond oil changes, tires and brakes, I can't complain about maintenance cost, but I also spent $4000 for the platinum extended warranty since I often travel long distance alone. Not that I expected to use it, but that I haven't needed it. As insurance, BMW warranties are expensive, but if I had needed it, I wouldn't have complained about the price! If I had any complaint, the cup holders were adequate and held my large Iced Tea securely. However, none of my BMW's had cup holders to get excited about, but I knew this going in. This car is for driving, so pay attention and leave the snacks behind!"

Good 2nd car for single person

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "Extremely high cost of ownership"

"An auto mechanics dream. AC repair, brake sensors, brake pads, and other less costly repairs plus high cost routine maintenance and I have spent almost $5000 in the past 5000 miles. No wonder the warranty ends at 40,000 miles."

BEST CAR EVER OWNED

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "great price and great car"

"From the time I steped on the lot this was the vehicle that caught my eye. A rare BMW color of barrique red. I then looked at the nomenclature (the number) and noticed that it was an XI model. 6mt, awd, 4 door, beautiful color, with brown lether interior and burled walnut accents. What a perfect car. Handling is great in all weather conditions. Will instill confidence in your driving ablities. Great car to own and drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals