• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2007 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1048 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

I love this car PERIOD.

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, options"

Cons: "Maybe just the window switch placement."

"I have had this car for 3 years and still can't wait to drive it everyday. I don't have a single complaint. I have an 2000 BMW 328ci (I just couldn't say goodbye) and a 2012 Camaro SS. The Camaro may have a bit more power but this beast does what all BMW claim to give the ultimate driving experience. The Camaro is nice to drive sure but I still can't get over how a sedan with a six cylinder handles and puts out enough power to plant you in your seat and the best part is my wife doesn't have to hold on for dear life as she doesn't realize I just got off a 180 degree exit ramp doing 80, haha. Just a great car all around. No problems to date except a window regulator which I fixed with a replacement part for $18."

Premium Performance Machine at a Great Value

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "Excellent daily driver for the money!"

Cons: "Other cars can't get out of the way fast enough ;)"

"Simply put this is my favorite car that I've ever owned. Sporty Coupe, with the sport package for great handling like its on rails. The factory sound system is the best, wishing my home system sounded this good! The 335 twin turbo has bunches of power and torque for spirited driving anytime you want."

For those that love driving

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Handling, responsive, acceleration, gas mileage"

Cons: "Interior features, run flat tires with no spare"

"I was looking for a dependable, well built, 4 door sedan that still retained a sporty feel. This car fit the bill and then some. I looked at lexus, toyota, honda, acura, but it seemed most of the cost of the higher end vehicles went into interior bells and whistles and NOT how the car handled. The BMW is first a sports car, second a sedan and you can feel that when driving it. Love love the handling, the braking and the responsiveness of the car. Its solid, well built and I have had no mechanical problems. The gas mileage on this car is GREAT for a V-6 (and with my heavy footed driving). I get 26 mpg with mostly in town driving, and 31.5 mpg on the highway. There are only a couple complaints I have that prevent this from being a 5 star vehicle. First, run flat tires are a pain, and with no spare in the trunk you are a bit stuck with your choices. In a colder climate with winter damaged roads, run flats are not real practical and a rough hard ride. I finally went with a better non run flat tire, and purchased triple A coverage. The car rides MUCH better now, I am just crossing my fingers for no flat anytime soon. The interior is lacking a lot of extras, which I am fine with but some folks might find a negative. Cup holders are not very practical, very little interior storage (the manual will not even fit in the glove box), and for some reason they decided to put the lock/unlock button in the center of the dash which means you have to get IN the car to unlock the doors essentially. Also, some of the orange text in the displays is a pain with polarized sun glasses (seems minor, but you cannot read the radio/display with them on). If you can afford it and you live in a colder climate, I highly recommend the xi model for the AWD. Rear wheel drive in snow run flats equals no fun."

Nice ride when running!

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Styling. Ride."

Cons: "Not reliable. Money pit. Bad engineering"

"Does not deserve the reputation for quality or engineering. Beautiful styling, and comfortable ride. But that's where the positives end. Ordered mine from the factory new. Had problems from the first month I took delivery. First 4 years (50K miles) BMW fixed everything at no charge. But after 50K when the warranty expired I started paying about $4,000 to $6,000 per year for repaires, not counting scheduled maintenance. Before buying the BMW I had 5 Hondas. I thought I was upgrading in quality when I bought the BMW. What a mistake! New Honda CRV just came out. I am trading the BMW in and never buying one again."

Switching from Honda to BMW from here on out!

By on Friday, September 04, 2009

"Pros: Style, Power, Accurate Steer, glued to the road, a/c, dealer experience, 1.9% financing, year end deals. Cons: Seats don't breath, Premium gas. All in all, a much nicer experience than the Accord 6cyl for just a few thousand more. Don't buy the wheel/tire insurance, run flat replacements are less than $200 each. Also don't buy the i-pod adapter, go to the apple store and save over $300."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals