• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2007 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1048 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

My third and last BMW

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "fund to drive, great looks, high resale value"

Cons: "unreliable"

"I purchased my 330i with 34,000 miles. It currently has 97k miles. The Good: great looking car, great driving dynamics, very smooth acceleration, amazing sound system, love the overall look. The Bad: This car has been a nothing short of a nightmare... While under warranty I had the "sticky" door handles replaced twice, passenger side air bag sensor replaced, peeling interior door trim. After the warranty expired, @60k miles I had a transmission fluid leak (faulty mechatronic sleeve?!!) and oil pan seal $800, @70k miles bad crankshaft seal $1200, @80k miles wheel bearing and new battery $900, and @96k miles waterpump and thermostat failure left me stranded on the highway 100 miles from home $1300 (towing was free, thank god) @97k miles car started shaking like an earthquake while idle... faulty ignition coils 2 out 6 replaced $300.... The run flat tires are great for not getting flats... I have driven nearly 70k miles and never a flat but they provide a loud rough ride for the car... Summary: Buy this car for the looks only and get rid it ASAP after you warranty expires."

Great to Drive but a Pain to Own

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "great handling, steering braking"

Cons: "pain in the butt"

"My 328i has the premium package, sport package and a 6 speed manual transmission. The car is not blazingly fast but it handles better than any car I have driven short of a Porsche. The sport suspension is very firm but not uncomfortable. The steering is the most direct I have ever experienced. The car feels like it is on rails. The brakes are superb and the stick shift is excellent with one reservation..it sometimes balks going into first gear. The problem with the car are the dumb little things that keep going wrong. I have had seatbelt problems, locking system problems, starters burning out..all annoying stuff that has been covered under the warranty. Too many trips to the dealer for repairs. If it were any other car, I would have gotten rid of it long ago but I love how it drives so I still have it. A true LOVE-HATE relationship. My advice, if you get the car, lease it and let them pay for everything..not you. By the way, I have driven the car without the sport suspension and with an automatic transmission. It's OK but not even close."

Great performance marred by reliability issues.

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Performance"

Cons: "Reliability and cost to own"

"My BMW 335i has a great engine and, with the sport package, excellent handling although the ride is quite firm but I like it like that. I bought it used - it was not CPO - with about a year left on the original warranty. I purchased an extended warranty when the original expired. Good thing I did, because the extended warranty has saved me thousands, more than twice what it cost with a year still remaining. Problems include water pump, fuel sending unit and injectors, electric window and mirror mechanisms, suspension mounts, plus more and not to mention that maintenance and tires are insanely expensive. I love the car and will probably get another but would not own any Bimmer without warranty protection."

Great car

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Handling, quality, looks (from the front)."

Cons: "Smallish back seat. Slow acceleration."

"Purchased car as 3rd vehicle about 1 year ago. It had about 55k miles on it. We love the vehicle. So much so that it has moved up to a daily driver rather than a 3rd vehicle. Thus far (knock on wood) no issues with reliability. The car handles great. Acceleration could be better but then again if you want acceleration you buy a M series. I am a big guy (6 ft 2 and about 275) I can drive/ride compfortably. The back seat is a little small for anyone but adults that are smaller or children."

fun to drive, expensive to repair

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "very expensive to repair"

"car has had some problems, nothing major. The red warning light for the transmission just started coming on and it had to get water pump replaced, $1000. I would not buy a used bmw without having a well trained shop check it out and run diagnostic computer tests on it before buying it."

No "Foo - Foo" a true Drivers Car

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Will make you smile every time you drive."

Cons: "A great back seat for two only."

The Ultimate Driving Machine!

"When you spend time with this machine, you will see that someone took the extra time, to engineer and design every little function and detail. Controls make sense, gauges make sense, engine sounds make sense, road feel and overall performance was built into the car from the ground up, not just added on. The engine does its job and is happy to do so day in day out. The transmission is silky smooth, and you can feel the years of engineering in everything the car does. A firm and comfortable ride with enough luxury and performance to keep everyone happy. If you do get enough of the sweet engine sounds, the multiple speaker dual sub woofer sound system is perfect for all music. Black and white gauges, powerful engine, crisp clean look with no "Foo Foo" or fluff anywhere."

The Ultimate Driving Machine!

Fantastic blend of luxury and performance

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Performance, Handling, Styling, Build Quality"

Cons: "Stock Rear Differential is Open Design"

"I am absolutely a gearhead and someone who pays close to attention to all of the details of how a car is made, it's aftermarket appeal, or the quality of the driving experience in stock form it delivers. Although many cars offer similar options as the 335i like heated and power seats, automatic windshield wipers (these are superior to others I've used/had in other makes version), moonroof, etc. there are some key differences in the 335i. BMW's rack and pinion steering is absolutely one of the best on the market. The car is predictable and you always feel like you are in complete control of the car but not pushing the car past what it can do. The powertrain is purely astonishing. Everything from the motor, transmission, and fuel system are designed to handle power levels far beyond it's stock rating. (which is underrated by about 10% by the way). This is great for someone who is looking into aftermarket enchancements for greater power, or someone who simply looking for long term reliability from a car in stock form. Once you combine the interior luxury (no it's not an Aston Martin of course), but the interior is completely functional. It's not overly flashy, but everything works and is very clean. The retractable cupholders are a great touch and storage is ample. What really sets this car apart for me though is the timeless exterior styling and the twin turbo inline 6 forged internals powerplant, or better known as the N54. Truly a fantastic car that is tough to be without jumping up into a much higher price point. It's the little things like the active headlights and additional side light that turns on when you make a turn, the automatic wipers, the adjustable seat bolsters, the twin turbo motor, you just know you're not in an average car."

Excellent car,

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Drive dynamics, acceleration, looks"

Cons: "Run Flat Tires"

"What a great ride this car has been. The only and really only complain that I have is the Run Flat Tires. Not that they are not comfortable ride, rather just that there is no room in the trunk for spare tire, so if you want to switch to Non-RFTs, you have no spare. It is one of the best rides that I have had, gas economy is good, speed and drive dynamics are awesome!"

Good 2nd car for single person

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "Extremely high cost of ownership"

"An auto mechanics dream. AC repair, brake sensors, brake pads, and other less costly repairs plus high cost routine maintenance and I have spent almost $5000 in the past 5000 miles. No wonder the warranty ends at 40,000 miles."

Truly an ultimate driving machine!

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Great car to drive, less maintenance"

Cons: "Mileage"

"I owned my 325xi since March of 2006. So far, I just love my car! It is a pleasure to drive it. You wouldn't appreciate the real pleasure of driving this car unless you drive a rental car for maybe couple of weeks and come back to it. Maintenance - After the factory warranty had expired in 2010, I had two major expenses out of pocket - 1) Replaced the front and rear break pads in 2011 ~ $500 2) Replaced the battery for the first time in 2014 ~ $300. Other than those two expenses, I just do the normal engine oil service, break fluid flush, etc. The only concern I have at the moment is about the mileage, I only get ~18 Miles/Ga at the moment maybe due to my city commute to work."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals