2006 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1004 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Awesome Car

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, performance"

Cons: "price, fuel"

"Best Car ever! expensive but you pay for what you get. Paid 38,500 and got the tire warrenty so 40,000 with 2.9%. I never used the tire warrenty never had a flat. Run Flats are expensive. replaced then after 45,000 mile with Falken Ziel. Came with Contenetal which are better tires with more grip. Premium package was quick a bit more and its a heavy RWD car. Hard to make the car drift UNLESS your in manuel mode. Turn off the Tration contol for some fun. seems like its always on. Interior is awesome. NIce europenan touch. My last car...JETTA was a lemmon this car beat it in everyway. Test drove a Prius, CR-Z, Camaro RS and SS and ford fusion. Have to say this car beat them all. Performance and pretty good with fuel. I fill 91 but I think it will take 87. so far 26mpg combined but I have a heavy foot. Sport mode is way too fun. Manuel mode to prove whose BOSS. Probably 32 mpg if I was driving like a grandma... Expensive but Worth it in safety and comfort"

328i, auto, loaded, Great Vehicle however

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Nice lines, handles very well, solid ride, but"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"This is a great vehicle however the gas mileage for a senior like myself who has a light foot is about 15 mpg average"

Best car I've ever had. Immaculate in perfect cond

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "A real pleasure to drive"

"Couldn't be nicer. Just like new and always garaged."

very nice car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"This car is fun to drive."

Drove great, had reliability issues.

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Reason: Poor reliability

Pros: "Great driving car"

Cons: "Reliability"

"We bought this car new in August of 2006. This was one of the best driving automobiles I have ever driven. BMW goes to great lengths to make it that way. Almost perfect 50/20 weight distribution and rear-wheel drive are two of the reasons. The car was a little small for my 6'-2" frame, but once inside, I had plenty of room. My issue with the car was reliability. We should have known something was up when the BMW Assist didn't work on the test drive. While on our first trip in the car we spent half a day in a dealership getting the computer re-programmed. We ultimately had issues with engine and transmission oil leaks, a popping sound in the rear end, tapping noise from the valve train, push-button start failure, cooling fan failure, tire pressure sensor failure... It seems like every time the car went in the shop we spent $2,500 a pop. Also, and this is not a problem with the car but was still an issue with me, we had to drive 130 miles round trip to the dealership just to get the oil changed. I would love to have been able to keep the car longer and enjoy it, but I couldn't stand the constant drain on my pocketbook. This was our first and last BMW. I get much better reliability from my Honda and it cost about half as much."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals