2003 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1338 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Absolutely love it!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun and its a BMW duh"

Cons: "nothing yet"

"I bought this car about 6 months ago. This is probably the best car out there with its current market value. Within the 1st week I got it, I took it for a little road trip. Did about 1500 miles within a week and had no problems along the way. The car has 140,000 miles on the clock but it runs very, very strong. I easy got it up to about 140mph and kept it there for a long time, had no problem doing it. I use the car on a daily bases and can't get enough of the power. The big straight 6 engine never has to work. There is always power and I never have to get the revs up to get it going, it just pulls all the way from 2000rps to 7000. I presume I will get some sort of problem(s) along the way since its so old, but that engine will never stop running. Car does not drive its age. The owner before me did all the needed services, so this bmw will grow old legs. It is surprisingly very good on gas, I don't know if its maybe because its a manual. Manual cars are usually better on gas. The all wheel drive makes it wickedly fast of the line, regardless if its raining or not. After 12 years the AC is still very cold, car brakes hard and sits in the corners. I got very lucky with this one, I paid under $5000 for it, and there are brand new cars out there that cannot match the performance of this old one."

one owner, garaged

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

"Awesome car"

love it ...

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive , has the best sound system ' EVER' ."

Cons: "gas tank is "magical" now is full and "" is empty"

"love it !!!!! little $$$ on gas..... everything else is perfecto.... :)"

Best Vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE!"

Cons: "Needs more cup holders, and plug in for tech's...."

"This was my dream car, and I have not been disappointed...This car is Awesome! Fun to Drive, and Very, Very Reliable....I Love My Little Black Beamer...:-)"

Fantastic Used Car Bargain

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Handling, power, style, size, quality"

Cons: "Harder to find good examples as they get older."

"I have owned two E46 BMWs, a 2000 323 and a 2002 330sportpac. Both have been fantastic cars. I have read for years the complaints from some about the cost of maintaining BMWs, and my conclusion is this: if you buy a BMW for the driving experience and understand what is going on under the car, the maintenance seems inconsequential. If you buy a BMW to impress your friends and expect it to be a Toyota you will be frustrated. I enjoy spirited driving, and this car delivers in every way. Why does it deliver? Because it has a complicated suspension with lots more moving parts than other cars, and they wear out like any other car, but because there are more of them it may seem excessive. Anyway, I am amazed at how much quality you get in this vehicle, especially if you enjoy driving, and especially if you buy the manual. They have been incredibly reliable for me, and not as bad in snow as some claim as long as you have good tires. I have driven these cars pretty hard at times while maintaining them well, and I'm dreading the day when I will need to sell the '02."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals