2000 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1341 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

great quick car

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

"well built but not a family car. terrible headliner is about the only down fall. like the headliner falls and rips very easily. looks just like a m3 but of course does not have the speed of a M3 but this car is not slow at all 0-60 5.9 secs and I've went 155 in my 330ci"

BMW 330 ci not as good as earlier 5 series models

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun when they don't need service"

Cons: "Expensive"

"Had to rebuild the automatic at 75000 miles, trans. slow to engage in reverse on morning first start up. Finishes on interior plastics not holding up well. Metallic Blue Paint is still nice. Runs well, however it now has coolant leak on side radiator expansion tank, cooling system is the weak link and most will have this. Will require min. 200.00+ in parts, plus labor. (I'll do the labor, I have prev. exp.) Nice styling that still makes a great impression. Sport seats feel hard after an hour or two. Because they are. Still drives tight and accurate as a BMW should. Good MPG. I use Plus grade gas and that has always worked for me with all my Bimmers. These are expensive cars to own if you don't have above average/professional mechanical skills or an alternative economical solution for mechanical problems. Used Lexus are probably a better bet such as a SC430 convertible or IS Conv. Nice rides, however not a tight sport feel as counterpart BMW."

Solid, reliable and fun

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Low on features for the price"

"9 years and it has been a pleasure all these years. Other than wear and tear I haven't had any issues to report. Most of my driving is on highways and I have been getting 28-29 mpg average through the whole year, probably because it is stick shift and because I don't touch the brakes unless I have to :) Original clutch lasted for 7yrs and now 2 yrs on the new clutch and it has been holding up well. Awesome thing is that oil change is needed only every year or 15k miles, so once a year works out just fine. Note: recently I have had to top up oil between changes, about a quart or so every 3 months."

Absolutely love it!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun and its a BMW duh"

Cons: "nothing yet"

"I bought this car about 6 months ago. This is probably the best car out there with its current market value. Within the 1st week I got it, I took it for a little road trip. Did about 1500 miles within a week and had no problems along the way. The car has 140,000 miles on the clock but it runs very, very strong. I easy got it up to about 140mph and kept it there for a long time, had no problem doing it. I use the car on a daily bases and can't get enough of the power. The big straight 6 engine never has to work. There is always power and I never have to get the revs up to get it going, it just pulls all the way from 2000rps to 7000. I presume I will get some sort of problem(s) along the way since its so old, but that engine will never stop running. Car does not drive its age. The owner before me did all the needed services, so this bmw will grow old legs. It is surprisingly very good on gas, I don't know if its maybe because its a manual. Manual cars are usually better on gas. The all wheel drive makes it wickedly fast of the line, regardless if its raining or not. After 12 years the AC is still very cold, car brakes hard and sits in the corners. I got very lucky with this one, I paid under $5000 for it, and there are brand new cars out there that cannot match the performance of this old one."

one owner, garaged

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

"Awesome car"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for