2000 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1385 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Fun to drive, but high maintenance

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, quiet comfortable ride that handles well."

Cons: "High frequency/cost of maintenance-money pit"

"I purchased a 325xi as a 6 year used car. It is so much fun to drive with roomier interior than what you would expect by its size. It handles well, hugs the road, sensitive braking. Overall, a very smooth comfortable ride. Before purchasing, it was inspected by an excellent, reliable mechanic and passed. However, for as much as I love driving it, this car is a money pit. I do own other used cars which don't require maintenance with the same frequency and of course cost. That being said, I would still consider purchasing another BMW in the future. But, I would purchase it new (or at least less used) and while it is under warranty. Also, I would purchase a different model as I have read elsewhere from other 325 owners that they too have high maintenance costs. And that other BMW models have better mechanical reliability"

An awesome sedan for almost anyone to drive.

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Only one cup holder."

"I just bought this car, and I must say, I'm extremely impressed! The DSC prevents (or eliminates) slipping out in snow or rain, the engine runs fantastic (even with 216,000 miles on it), the interior is pretty spacious and comfortable, and the car gets pretty good gas mileage (and can really get up and go if you need it to). The only qualm I have is that the second cup holder is nearly useless for anything besides cans of soda. I highly recommend this vehicle to anybody. After driving this vehicle, I am officially now decided to be a BMW kind of guy."

Awesome car (2002 BMW 325i)

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "looks great, smooth riding, quiet motor,"

Cons: "electrical w/power locks windows ect.."

"This is my very first BMW. I have only had it a short time, but so far I love it. The only flaws are, passenger back window doesn't work and will need to be fixed. The pump on the windshield washer fluid is out but can be easily fixed. It had 140,000 miles when I got it but it still runs like a new car. I was told this car would run way past 300,000 miles if taken care of so I hope it's true! Very comfortable and lots of get up and go for a 6 cyl"

The best, most reliable, most fitting, ect.....!!

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

"I have owned my car since 149000 miles and I have had few and far between parts wear out...but no major anything! Fuel pump at 170000 miles.$168.00 and 45 minutes time. Coolant reservoir at 176000 miles..$37.00 and 15 minutes. Bushings at 198000 miles....$175.00 Window retractors for both front windows at 218000, $41.00each and 150 labor. I am a zillion percent satisfied with my car and would highly recommend one to anybody !! Change fluids on time and enjoy!! One other thing... I still average 25 mpg in town and always 30-31 on the highway...."

Finicky, Worth every penny.

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "It is a convertible BMW."

Cons: "Maintenance is pricey."

The day I bought my Baby!

"She can be a bit fussy, maintenance is key! Be prepared to spend more than you will with a Honda, but then again this is no rice burner. Fit and finish is top of the line, quality is found at every turn. You don't buy this car because it is an economical grocery mover or "Mom Mobile". You buy this car because it is a joy to drive, has power on tap, and at the end of a hard day is therapeutic to drop the top!"

The day I bought my Baby!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals