2013 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $39,232 - $40,963.

10/7.5

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 | Next

My 5th and possibly last, BMW

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"This model has almost if not quite as good, overall handling feel of my first BMW 3 Series 325i Coupe, which I fell in love with. I have since owned four BMW 3 Series Coupes and Sedans prior to purchasing this new 128i, in both two wheel and all Wheel Drive configurations. I really do like the smaller size of the 128i Coupe, which is why I bought it. However, I absolutely hate the Run Flat Tires, No Spare Tire, (or) Jack, (or) Wheel Change Tools, and No Oil Quantity Dipstick! I am a retired Commercial Aircraft Mechanic and a Technician that obviously likes to personally look after his car. I have previously owned, driven and raced (Amatuer Sports Car Racing) other good handling cars such as a 1960 Porsche 356 B Roadster which oversteered like crazy, but was a blast to drive! I have also enjoyed driving two Corvettes (1960 and 1963 Split Window Fuel Injected Coupe) which had lots of power, but relatively poor handling in comparison to any BMW. Overall, the 128i which I bought last year, or the 135i which I also test drove, are exceptional cars without any doubt. I told my wife if I bought the 135i I would have to drive it with the windows down, even in the winter, to hear that beautiful exhaust sound! I only wish that BMW would offer the Run Flat Tires and (No Oil Dipstick) as a (Delete) Option. If not, this will be my last BMW!"

Fun Every Day

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"Traded my 2002 Porsche 911 Targa - which I loved - for the 135 convertible, without any sacrifice in ride, performance and fun, and with much greater practicality This car is very fast, handles beautifully, is quiet, solid and predictable. Brakes are outstanding. Features like BlueTooth, the iPod interface and the almost-intuitive new iDrive make this car a pleasure to drive every day. The gas tank is a little too small, providing limited range, and the car could use a few more spots for storage. But it is more than big enough for me (6', 200 lbs.) and a passenger. As far as rear seating - fuhgeddaboudit. But that's not what you buy this car for."

By on Friday, March 13, 2009

"I am living in Germany and I have a 2009 128i coupe. I also have a 2006 325i. Both these vehicles are great but i have had a lot mor fun on the Autobahn with my 128i. The only thing i dont like is the smaller gas tank which makes me have to fill up a couple more timess than my 325i."

American Car Killer

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"I had always purchased American made cars i.e. 2005 Mustang and 2006 Charger but they don't match up to German engineering. This BMW is quick as lightning, smooth as silk, and the ride is unbelievable. For any critic out there I dare you to drive one. I had this thing on the Autobahn and it did 145 as smooth and easily as any car does at 60. My Mustang would shimmy and shake at 80. I would recommend a 135i to anyone. Actually the 128i is just as nice. Just not as quick. I know this because my wife got one after she drove mine."

In shop 5x in 3 mos

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

"Problems with headlights, engine light, 3rd brake light, blue tooth radio, and convertible liner. Purchased in November '08."

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 | Next