2013 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $39,097 - $40,866.

10/7.5

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 25 | Next

WOW!

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"Since the price of 08's and even 07's are within hailing distance to new base models, my quest for a 3 series ended rather quickly. Be careful: many newer used models are close to being out of warrenty. SO...I would up with a new series 1 with a couple of options. The handling is tight and VERY responsive. Power? If you need more than 230 horses in a car this size, you will be keeping the police busy! Even with the automatic, there is no hesitation when accelerating. Not too much room in the back seat so plan on NOT transporting many other full grown people from here to there....or make sure they have little teeny legs. The run flat tires work well but I'm a little nervous about having my first 'flat'. I was informed that once flat, they are throwaways. A new one can set you back a bunch.Strange not having a tire iron or a jack...or a spare. GREAT lines and classic BMW styling! The low deep rumble from the engine is impressive! Mileage so far is around 17.Hopefully, that will improve as the engine breaks in. There are ten speakers, I believe, so upgrading to a premium might not be necessary for many people. The moonroof is enormous and gives one the feeling of almost being in a convertible...nice! I have had the car for a month and it is a blast!! [ps....Economic stimulus kicks in here. Supposedly, the taxes can be written off this year.That's big.]"

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"Well I have owned my 135 for 11 months now. The car is fast and fun to drive as everyone else has stated but I found the materials on the interior are cheap. The dash has cracked where the passenger air bag should deploy within the first 6 months of ownership and there have been NUMEROUS fuel pump failures in the twin turbo engine. (Mine is on its way out) I just hope it fails before the warranty is out. MPG's were good in the beginning but have fell off due to the Ethenol gas and the high pressure fuel pumps failing. The resale Value is the biggest kicker....This $42,350 car only worth $30,000 trade-in in 11 months? I will go back to Lexus products hopefully sooner than later. As far as "The Ultimate Driving Machine" it is, but there needs to be more attention to materials especially for $40+ grand."

My 5th and possibly last, BMW

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"This model has almost if not quite as good, overall handling feel of my first BMW 3 Series 325i Coupe, which I fell in love with. I have since owned four BMW 3 Series Coupes and Sedans prior to purchasing this new 128i, in both two wheel and all Wheel Drive configurations. I really do like the smaller size of the 128i Coupe, which is why I bought it. However, I absolutely hate the Run Flat Tires, No Spare Tire, (or) Jack, (or) Wheel Change Tools, and No Oil Quantity Dipstick! I am a retired Commercial Aircraft Mechanic and a Technician that obviously likes to personally look after his car. I have previously owned, driven and raced (Amatuer Sports Car Racing) other good handling cars such as a 1960 Porsche 356 B Roadster which oversteered like crazy, but was a blast to drive! I have also enjoyed driving two Corvettes (1960 and 1963 Split Window Fuel Injected Coupe) which had lots of power, but relatively poor handling in comparison to any BMW. Overall, the 128i which I bought last year, or the 135i which I also test drove, are exceptional cars without any doubt. I told my wife if I bought the 135i I would have to drive it with the windows down, even in the winter, to hear that beautiful exhaust sound! I only wish that BMW would offer the Run Flat Tires and (No Oil Dipstick) as a (Delete) Option. If not, this will be my last BMW!"

Fun Every Day

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"Traded my 2002 Porsche 911 Targa - which I loved - for the 135 convertible, without any sacrifice in ride, performance and fun, and with much greater practicality This car is very fast, handles beautifully, is quiet, solid and predictable. Brakes are outstanding. Features like BlueTooth, the iPod interface and the almost-intuitive new iDrive make this car a pleasure to drive every day. The gas tank is a little too small, providing limited range, and the car could use a few more spots for storage. But it is more than big enough for me (6', 200 lbs.) and a passenger. As far as rear seating - fuhgeddaboudit. But that's not what you buy this car for."

By on Friday, March 13, 2009

"I am living in Germany and I have a 2009 128i coupe. I also have a 2006 325i. Both these vehicles are great but i have had a lot mor fun on the Autobahn with my 128i. The only thing i dont like is the smaller gas tank which makes me have to fill up a couple more timess than my 325i."

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 25 | Next