2013 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,962 - $29,201.

10/7.5

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Great Drivers Car

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, sporty, handles great"

Cons: "Expensive, minor problems"

"I originally purchased the 135i back when I lived in Chicago. At the time, we were just entering winter and I had never driven a RWD car in snow before. As far as winter is concerned, this car should be kept as far away from snow as possible. I actually had to miss a few days of work due to not being able to get out of my neighborhood from the lack of traction. In any weather besides snow and ice, this car absolutely shines. I had made the decision to move to Southern California in the fall of 2012 and being as such, I would drive my 135i all the way from Chicago to San Diego. That is a 2200 mile trip for those wondering. Through the duration of that trip, the car did not have a single hiccup or problem. It cruises perfectly, it handles elevation changes like a dream and it surprisingly has plenty of room to fit tons of belongings by using the folding rear seats. My only qualms with this car are the remote keys do not have an internal battery and thus need to be charged in order to work. The problem with that is the keys sometimes barely charge or do not charge at all, so you may find yourself using the actual key more frequently than you use the remote entry keys. Then of course, there is the fuel economy. While it does get relatively decent fuel economy (21.5mpg overall), I wished it got just a bit higher mileage for the sake of my wallet. Something in the 26 to 27mpg area seems feasible to me. Now granted, you can achieve those numbers or higher ones, but you are not going to enjoy the car for what it is, which brings me to my final point. This car is a true sports car. The gear changes, both upshifts and downshifts, are precise. The engine builds power from way down low in the RPMs all the way to redline. And, of course, the handling is absolutely extraordinary. Since the car is so small and light, while still producing plenty of power, you would be surprised by the different types of higher horsepower cars it can keep up with. Overall, the BMW 135i is an amazing little sports car which I would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for something sporty and small."

Best car I have ever driven, so far.

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Discreet, small, super quick."

Cons: "Funny looking from front. Small rear seat."

2011 Titanium Silver 135i

"I am writing this review because I am about to trade it in for an M3. I think I miss it already. The acceleration and balance are outstanding. I drive this car 12 months a year in Minnesota in all weathers and I have never had issues. You do need snow tires in winter in snowy climes. I have driven 3 and 5 series and they just feel loose and sloppy. The 135i is the tightest feeling car you can drive. I would recommend it to anyone who loves a discreet, non "look at me" type of vehicle that can chew and spit out any fat muscle car. Still can't believe I am going to lose her."

2011 Titanium Silver 135i

Rear tires burned off at 18500

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "speed - handling - comfort - fun head turner"

Cons: "run flats"

"Very fun car to drive.....this car is loaded with the sports package, navigation and convertible. but a 15K depreciation in the first year is excessive. Never buy a vehicle with run flats again. Rear window defroster died @ 10K.....had to replace the whole convertible top.....took 4 visits to get it correct."

less than I expected

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "great engine, ride, handling"

Cons: "lacking in the quality of the vehicle"

"Purchased my 2009 128i new with the premium package and Navigation in December 2010. Traded a 6 year old Audi TT that was starting to give problems. The 128i has excellent power, a super smooth inline 6 and has a nice balance of ride/handling. Reliability has not been great. There have been 6 trips to the dealer for power window problems, 2 trips for the third brake light lens falling off, 2 trips for the power steering gear puking fluid all over the garage and finally the leather seat stitching on the rear seats has failed even though no one has ever sat on them. All this on a car with just over 25,000 miles that is garage kept and well maintained. I love the way it drives, but just not happy with the repairs, my warranty runs out in December and I will probably be trading this Bimmer in and it will probably be for a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6, not another BMW."

BMW 128i

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Handling and performance"

Cons: "Seating and upholstery"

"I bought this car used and have not had any problems. Gas mileage is ok for a performance car. I get 20mpg in the city and about 30mpg on the road. This car will get up to 100mph very quickly. It has a rear seat, but it is very hard to get into and very tight and if you move the front seats to make it more comfortable for the rear seat pasengers, then it is tight up front. I have driven this car to Florida at least five times and it is a pleasure to drive. It has great design and is a head turner."

See if you qualify for