2012 BMW 1 Series

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

BMW 135

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"Love this car! In is extremely fun to drive. The only thing missing is a 6-speed manual. The paddle shifters and steptronic are very cool and responsive; I'm old school and I should have chosen the the 6-speed manual. That was my choice and wish I could trade the steptronic for a manual. My nickname for this car is the "angry go-kart". It has attitude and has no problem getting you where you want to go very fast."

Amazing car!

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"No complaints except for the high pressure fuel pump failure. BMW NA has extended the warranty on this part to 10 years/100k."

A good car

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Relatively inexpensive for level of performance"

Cons: "... Maybe on the esthetics ..."

"It has 60,000+ miles without any issues."

I heart my 1

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, responsive, turns heads"

Cons: "Lots of brake dust on the front rims"

"I spend a lot of time in my car, so getting something that was fun and comfortable was important to me. This one hits on all cylinders. It's an amazing car--responsive, fun to drive, looks good, and incredibly comfortable. I feel very safe in it as well. I couldn't be happier with my choice."

What's not to like?

By on Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pros: "Performance, steering, fun, styling"

Cons: "Price, styling"

"Designed with the iconic 2002 in mind, the BMW 1 Series is a premium compact sports coupe that appeals to a very particular audience: the BMW enthusiast. Its styling is polarizing. It's wildly unpractical (on paper). And it may not be all that much cheaper than a comparably-equipped 3 Series. But that's okay. A 135i is more fun to drive than just about any other BMW model on the market in recent years. With 300 hp and 300 lbs of torque on tap, the 135i delivers a steady surge of power that's addicting. A tighter wheelbase translates into a more visceral experience than its bigger brother. Coupled with the beefy steering wheel and DCT automatic with paddel-shifters, this car is every bit as good as the 335is (and possibly faster). There are imperfections. The interior wood trim is actually cheap plastic. Adult passengers look ridiculous in the back seats. And it's pricy if compared directly to a 3 Series. But if you want reliable thrills, it's hard to beat the 135i."

Great car

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

"This car is great if you're looking for something small, sporty and zippy, but with a touch of luxury too. It doesn't have a ton of space for luggage or large people, and it definitely isn't going to make a good family car. On the other hand, if you're single and want to feel the wind blowing and sun shining down on you while in a stylish ride - this is the car for you!"

Seriously Great. Little. Car.

By on Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Was in the market for something small and comfortable. First priority: FUN TO DRIVE. This is it. Seriously, the most fun a real person (as opposed to an auto racer) could have in a car! It feels like you are driving on silk, but not like a Lincoln or a Cadillac, where you could forget you're even in a car. This is a serious driving experience! Love it, love the attention it gets! I saw one one day and it stopped me in my tracks! I found a 2009 with only 6K miles, and it was priced WAYYYYY under blue book value. Now is the time to buy -- these cars are priced to sell."

some reservations

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"This car performs extremely well, as well as many sports cars. However, selection of the sport suspension makes this car very harsh in its reaction to the road's imperfections. The normal suspension still provides excellent performance and would be a better choice if you want more comfort."

Great Vehicle!

By on Friday, January 8, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2010 135i convertible with the M sport Package. I have to admit I am extremely impressed with the performance. Although the car exhibits slight understeer; this is the best handling BMW I have ever owned. The 6 speed has relatively short throws, but has crisp engagement. One note of interest is that this BMW is easy to shift into second gear. All previous BMWs (5) I have owned "buck" in second gear without any way to operate the shift smoothly in that gear. Acceleration is also excellent, but it does have a little hesitation off the line until the turbos kick-in. The front sport seats are comfortable and offer excellent lateral support. Little room in the back expect for kids under 10 years of age. The trunk is decent sized and can hold one meidum sized suitcase or 2 duffel bags. I have the standard stereo and the sound is outstanding with tight, deep base. No reason to pay for the upgraded system. The price is a little high (I paid 48K) for an "entry level" car, but the performance makes up for it."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"I've had my 128I convertible for 2 months now and its a fun car to drive. It has great pickup and handles curves great. The back seat is better than some of the cars that we looked at but it is tight. The only problem that I have had with the car is the top. It was warped in the back when we got it so they ordered a new top and replaced it. Now the inside lining is coming apart and they had to order a new liner but it is back ordered for an unknown amount of time. The tires either don't keep their pressure very well or the sensors are too sensative because I have had to put air in the tires twice so far. Other than that I have had no problems with the car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 1 Series near Honolulu. See local deals