2009 BMW 1 Series

Based on 136 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

BMW 135

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"Love this car! In is extremely fun to drive. The only thing missing is a 6-speed manual. The paddle shifters and steptronic are very cool and responsive; I'm old school and I should have chosen the the 6-speed manual. That was my choice and wish I could trade the steptronic for a manual. My nickname for this car is the "angry go-kart". It has attitude and has no problem getting you where you want to go very fast."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"I've had my 128I convertible for 2 months now and its a fun car to drive. It has great pickup and handles curves great. The back seat is better than some of the cars that we looked at but it is tight. The only problem that I have had with the car is the top. It was warped in the back when we got it so they ordered a new top and replaced it. Now the inside lining is coming apart and they had to order a new liner but it is back ordered for an unknown amount of time. The tires either don't keep their pressure very well or the sensors are too sensative because I have had to put air in the tires twice so far. Other than that I have had no problems with the car."

A good car

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Relatively inexpensive for level of performance"

Cons: "... Maybe on the esthetics ..."

"It has 60,000+ miles without any issues."

I love the car but the back seat is tight

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "handles well, good acceleration, good controls"

Cons: "door may fly open on windy day"

"I love everything about this car. its only flaw is that the back seat is tight for small kids in booster seats as their feet dangle right where the front seats lean back and the bench seat is. Once your kids are age 8 and sit without a booster the back seat is fine."

It is what it's supposed to be

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun, fast, handles great, economical"

Cons: "Poor design of control panel glass"

"This is a fun, fast, comfortable, good handling, not quite luxury sports coupe. I love driving it and it also gets great mileage. I usually get close to 30 driving 70 on highway trips. I like that it's small. The 3 series is too big for what I wanted. But it does hold enough for me to go on a long camping trip. Only problem so far after 15k miles is that rear deck tail light came loose. Replaced with an upgraded part under waranty. The basic BMW inline 6 has been around forever and I expect it to be completely reliable."

What's not to like?

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Performance, steering, fun, styling"

Cons: "Price, styling"

"Designed with the iconic 2002 in mind, the BMW 1 Series is a premium compact sports coupe that appeals to a very particular audience: the BMW enthusiast. Its styling is polarizing. It's wildly unpractical (on paper). And it may not be all that much cheaper than a comparably-equipped 3 Series. But that's okay. A 135i is more fun to drive than just about any other BMW model on the market in recent years. With 300 hp and 300 lbs of torque on tap, the 135i delivers a steady surge of power that's addicting. A tighter wheelbase translates into a more visceral experience than its bigger brother. Coupled with the beefy steering wheel and DCT automatic with paddel-shifters, this car is every bit as good as the 335is (and possibly faster). There are imperfections. The interior wood trim is actually cheap plastic. Adult passengers look ridiculous in the back seats. And it's pricy if compared directly to a 3 Series. But if you want reliable thrills, it's hard to beat the 135i."

I heart my 1

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, responsive, turns heads"

Cons: "Lots of brake dust on the front rims"

"I spend a lot of time in my car, so getting something that was fun and comfortable was important to me. This one hits on all cylinders. It's an amazing car--responsive, fun to drive, looks good, and incredibly comfortable. I feel very safe in it as well. I couldn't be happier with my choice."

Great car

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

"This car is great if you're looking for something small, sporty and zippy, but with a touch of luxury too. It doesn't have a ton of space for luggage or large people, and it definitely isn't going to make a good family car. On the other hand, if you're single and want to feel the wind blowing and sun shining down on you while in a stylish ride - this is the car for you!"

rocket ship

By on Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Pros: "fast, agile and beautimus"

Cons: "small gas tank(14gal)"

"This is my first BMW, and I have to say it was money well spent. My words of explanation won't do it justice. I've already put a notch on my belt with a challenger rt. what a joke."

Amazing car!

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"No complaints except for the high pressure fuel pump failure. BMW NA has extended the warranty on this part to 10 years/100k."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 1 Series near Honolulu. See local deals