2006 Audi TT

Based on 201 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Good performance commuter

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"2001 TT Quattro: Great performance and handling for a turbo 4 cyl. No maintenance issues with 110K on the car. I commute 65 miles each way daily and get 30+ mpg. Better milage than a honda with german performance and styling. A head turner that costs significantly less than most people think. Co-workers think it's a 40K+ car. ride can be a little harsh on poor roads. Overall, I thoroughly enjoy the car and would recommend it. Nimble on it's feet and fun whether on a winding road or traffic. Just a few complaints: cup holders are in a poor location-behind the hand brake, so they're extremely inconvenient to use. Quattro and ESP are over-rated! If you plan on driving this car in the snow belt get some good all-season or snow tires. ESP will give you an ulcer without them. If I get more than an inch of snow, I park the TT and drive my 20 year old range rover at 12MPG because of it. Disappointed with paint- No accidents or repainting of body, yet I have clear coat failure and flaking off through roof and hatch. looks terrible close-up but you can't tell at a distance. I expected better paint quality from an Audi. From what I've heard this is very uncommon."

I love my TT

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"I've owned my 2000 TT quattro for over 8 years and 115,000 miles so far. Even to this day, it still turns heads. It's been a pleasure to drive although the ride is a bit rough and the shocks wore out rather quickly. I would seriously love to keep this car forever but it's getting old and falling apart and there isn't any like it out there anymore (I don't like the look of the new TTs). My biggest complaint would be the expense and poor quality of Audi's parts. I've had to replace: the steering rack, water pump, two different ABS sensors, and the ECU."

TT -

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"I've had an 2001 TT for a year now and I would recommend if you buy an 01-03 model have the timing belt checked/changed ASAP. Mine went out a few months after purchasing it and it will cause catastrophic engine failure resulting in a large repair bill, mine was 7K. Audi currently does not have a recall on this but it is a faulty timing belt issue so they will pick up a large portion of the cost if it goes out. There have also been some electrical issues but all in all it has been a great car to drive. I have had a hard time finding anyone but the dealer to work on my car, it is probably best to take it to the dealer to keep the warranties valid."

Beware Repair Costs

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun in summer. Fast with great fuel economy."

Cons: "Expensive Repair costs! Lots of repairs needed."

"I was very excited when I first purchase this car. The 225 hp 4 cylinder engine delivered the power and fuel economy I was looking for, and the AWD with ESP and convertible top gave me the handling and style you would expect from a small class sports car. I purchased this vehicle in October 2010 with 62,000 miles. Within a month of owning the vehicle, the 4 way flasher switch burned out, eliminating my turn signals ($180). In the next 6 months, my washer fluid holding tank sprung a leak (it would cost $150 to replace), and the remote receiver went out for unlocking the doors remotely ($800). About 9 months into ownership the fuel pumps (that's right, there's 2) failed ($1700). In November of 2011 I crossed 100,000 miles so the timing belt had to be replaced ($1200). I also had a check engine light on which turned out to be a temp sensor ($325). It is now January of 2012. We got our first major snowfall of the year. On the way to work this morning, the ESP (electronic stability protection) went out, incapacitating the handling. I don't even want to know what that will cost. This car has been wonderful mechanically, but a disaster electronically. If you plan to buy this car, even the new ones, be CAREFUL! After this experience I will never buy an Audi again. P.S. All prices listed were at a qualified Audi Dealership. I had a tire changed once and another small item looked at on the car by local repair shops. Both times items were broken in my car afterward."

Best Driving Car so Far

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive-"

Cons: "Careful of repair costs"

"I bought this car used. It was Was carefully maintained with complete records. Make sure instrument panel was replaced- also replace timing chain water pump and tensionier. These tend to break due to plastic components. Amazing drive-love the AWD 225hp power. Great fit and finish-timeless looks. Fast, excellent Audi handling!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals