2003 Audi TT

Based on 204 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Best Driving Car so Far

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive-"

Cons: "Careful of repair costs"

"I bought this car used. It was Was carefully maintained with complete records. Make sure instrument panel was replaced- also replace timing chain water pump and tensionier. These tend to break due to plastic components. Amazing drive-love the AWD 225hp power. Great fit and finish-timeless looks. Fast, excellent Audi handling!"

Not for a working person

By on Thursday, October 9, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years, and have had to put over $7000 dollars in repairs and maintainance. If you actually work for a living (which I do) this vehicle is not for you. I have had multiple electrical problems, and everything that needs to be fixed is hundreds of dollars."

Very cool and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, good mileage, very big "cool" factor"

Cons: "Costly to repair"

"I have loved this car. Great fun to drive. The trunk is far bigger than one would think. When the top is up it feels a little confining and there is a huge blind spot. When the top is down it is great. The car is expensive to repair and now that I have 70,000 miles, it starting to cost me. I commute in this car and I get 22 MPG in town and I can get 30 MPG on the highway. Its very comfortable for daily drive and on trips."

Loving it!

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I have been dreaming about this car since it made its premier debut in 1999. This car has been nothing but wonderful. It is mechanically sound and just make sure to change your belt at 80k, mine snapped at 86k. I own a Porsche Cayman S as well, but i love driving my TT. It is an overall fun car and for style there is no other. I may trade in my porsche for another new model TT. The RS8 is the next level better than this car, but in my opinion best secret out there and worth every penny."

Ttttterrific!

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, fast, awesome interior"

Cons: "No room in the back seat, continuous maintenance"

"Went from a Honda Accord to this little German bugger, my first ever turbo. Great car, fast as heck especially with some modifications (chip, intake) and awesome cornering. You can stuff children and small women in the back seat if you need to and give them the ride of their lives, which adds to the fun factor ;-) It is not as bullet-proof as a Honda Accord, however, and you need to do your maintenance on the car, especially if it's over 100K miles. Definitely make sure the timing belt and water pump are changed out before it hits 100k miles. There are a lot of plastic parts to the coolant system that will break apart and cause leaks, so you need to replace them. The engine bay is incredibly cramped, and you need to remove a lot of things to get access to certain parts on the engine. The cable from the battery to the alternator is prone to fail and cause the car to stall, the fuse housing that sits on top of the battery is known to get fried, the quattro Haldex system needs oil replaced every 20K, vaccuum lines will rot away and need replacing, brake light switch will fail on you as well at some point and the instrument cluster is known to cause problems. That said, I must say that if you can change your own oil, you probably have what it takes to keep this car up to shape, as I have. There are plenty of forums online that will guide you in the right direction."

Great sports car that also works as a commuter

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Great little car. I got it because it has got great style and handling, and yet very good fuel economy. I haven't had any mechanical problems. The only minor complaint I have is that the electronic system sometimes will do strange things. For example, I had a few days where the automatic window roll up/down wouldn't work, and now it's back to normal. Other than those tiny little details, the car is perfect for me!"

TT Quattro Rag Top: Great!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Have had my TT for about 3 years now. Imagine a sports car than continues to look hot, drives like a proper sports car, gets astounding MPG, and has the build quality of a German vault. Yes, I love my TT. I have had almost no problems to mention, and always is a huge pleasure to drive. I have the 6 sp. manual type S roadster. The baseball optic whipped seats knock people out! Ferrari and Lambos don't even have it! In short: The award winning sexy sport style from Audi, the reliability and super MPG of VW. A winning combination."

Great car!

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"I have owned his car for almost 6 years and have put almost 100k miles on it. Few minimal problems. I am now on my third air conditioner compressor. This is really the only issue I have ever had. Gas mileage is outstanding. I can average 33+ on the highway. I would buy another one without any second thought to it."

A lot of fun

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"A fun car to drive. If you put snow tires on in the winter you can drive this sports car under any conditions. I have driven through the worst winters i n upstate NY without a problem. Great handling in dry and wet weather. I've driven porsche's ferrari's and other performance cars, and this car is a A lot of fun!"

Money Pit

By on Sunday, May 8, 2011

"It's fun, stylish and great in the snow until you hit 80K, then open up your wallet to the tune of $12,000 - Timing Belt will break if not replaced, the instrument cluster will fail, the Haldex controller will fail, the glass from the convertible top will seperate and water will get in and destroy the comfort control module, the crank sensor, speed control sensor and fans have to be replaced. So enjoy it until you reach 75K miles and then dump it, this car will not go the distance."

Worst experience with an auto maker and dealer!

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"They should rename the TT the TMP (The Money Pit), every time you fix something a few miles down the road something else breaks. Literally, I've spent over $8000 in repairs over the last 18,000 miles, that doesn't include any normal maintenance, these repairs were in between normal maintenance trips. On my way to work one day the brakes went out completely with no warning lights of any kind, thank god the emergency brake worked or I would be dead right now. Then today on my way home from work the headlights, turn signals, windshield wipers and fan all stopped working. When everything is working fine something isn't quite right, for example the map lights won't turn on but everything else works, or the dome light comes on while you're driving down the road and all the doors are closed. Or the dome light won't come on no matter what you do. Also randomly the doors won't unlock with the remote, you can just get the driver door open and that's it, then you have to use the key or open the passenger door from inside to get it unlocked. The door lock button in the car works intermittently, usually it will lock the doors but won't unlock them."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, May 8, 2008

"I've driven a 2000 Audi TT for over 5 years. Currently it has 128K miles on it and still running strong. I have done the routine maintenance. Only had one issue with the air conditioning system. I would recommend this car to anyone. It has been great."

best sport car i have

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"save gas expense 25 mpg average, fast acceleration, sporty interior and exterior, 2000 model like 2007 model, quattro awd grip superb especially on the corner and wet or snow condition, quattro awd is the best. overall, best car i've ever have, this car invites crowd attention"

Still Gorgeous

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"If you want to stand out from the crowd, this is the automobile for you (notice I did not use the derogatory term "car"). With the 250 hp version, 6 speed manual and quattro at the corners, this is a performance car on the twisting road circuit. The interior is unmatched for function and aesthetics. Treat yourself and enjoy. The only down fall is the performance reducing and fast wearing Pirelli sub-par P6 tires that Audi insists on using. After the first 20,000 make the switch to the superior Michelin Pilots."

Awesome drive - blast of a commuter

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "awesome to drive, great interior, lots of storage"

Cons: "windows are high, bad blind spot, expensive"

"The car drives fantastically. I've had my 225 hp TT coupe for about 4 months now and use it as my regular commuter for a 30 mile commute of a hilly, curvy road in California. It's been fantastic and sticks to the road with plenty of torque and power to flow out of the turns. My only quip with the handling and engine is the traction control comes on when you hit bumps and it gets confused. Pretty dumb in my opinion as that's when you want more help. Thankfully, it's just a button on the main panel and it's easy to turn off. I get a consistent 24-25 mpg and I don't drive the car easily at all. I almost always have AC/climate control on and it does great. No mechanical issues at all other than a coil that had to be replaced after purchase. If you like driving and appreciate a well designed interior, this car will be great for you."

Seriously sweet ride!

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Fun and sporty, gets lots of looks."

Cons: "Trunk very small - no room for golf clubs :("

"You have to love driving a car that other people stop and stare at. I have actually had people pull alongside me and take a picture of the car. Baseball stitch leather seats, S-Line body style, and a throaty V6 engine that is responsive and sporty. Not the fastest car in it's class, but gets extra credit for it's specatularly good looks. Corners well, acceleration fun but not fantastic. Will never sell this vehicle."

Great Ride

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I have had my TT for 6 years. Other than the timing belt, I haven't put much into it. It now has over 160K miles and runs like it was new. Super fun car to drive. Now days, most dealers are bragging about 30 - 35 MPG, this 2000 model has always got 33 MPG all these years. More than 10 years later, I would think we would be further ahead. It takes sharp corners at 40 MPH like you are on rails. At 130 MPH it feels like you are doing 80. If you get it. You will love it."

2 years in / awesome so far!

By on Friday, October 5, 2007

"Fantastic car in these catagories: Handling, feel (tight), performance(when ecu reprogramed- it makes all the difference!), great fuel economy, outstanding comfort for long vacations, superior "fit & trim". Best looking dash ever. Totally classy top to bottom. The only thing better looking is a a a , sorry! I give up! Oh, great paint job. I am 61 & retired with a part time job working for 2 car dealerships. I mostly deliver new and used vehicles to customers in Vegas, Phoenix areas. I get to drive everything. Lots of great and expensive cars. Nothing comes close to the way my TT Quatro feels. If there was something I liked better I'd have it instead. Just be patient and buy one that's perfect like I did. Flew from Vegas to Manchester, NH. I got a "Certified" car 03' that was first sold & registered in April of 04 so it's covered top to bottom by Audi till Jan 1 2010! Blue Pearl Effect, 18' wheels, Bose & 17 months old when I paid 26.4k from a P.Party. 0 sales tax in AZ when you buy from "private party". Top that! One more thing. I drive about 65000 mile per year with much of that in Vegas, Phoenix, and SoCal and have never seen a Ocean Blue Quattro Coupe on the road ever other than mine."

superb

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"best car I've ever owned. Lots of spunk and speed. bettr handling than the Nissan Zs or the BMWs. (I tested them all). HOT HOT HOT"

Gets lots of attention!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive-turns heads-good MPG"

Cons: "No close Dealership-akward cup holders-tire noise"

"I've owned this neat little car since 2007 and it's been a joy to drive! I love the 5 speed shifter, the Quattro 4 wheel drive, the turbo kick, and the quick handling. It's had a few small issues, but nothing too expensive so far. Everyone compliments it!"

Nice car, unreliable transmission

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "looks great"

Cons: "doesn't handle as great. breaks down"

"Nice car, but when the mechatronic unit fails on the transmission (and it will) it will cost you about 2500 dollars to get it fixed."

Impressive at 240K miles and still runing fast....

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Get one!"

Cons: "did not find any yet!"

"You don't see that many cars with 240K miles on the road this days.....especially in this shape...submarine on wheels.... If you want to have a sporty ride and are not able to afford R8.... then get the original TT Quatro and lower it with NEUSPEED springs... Can't go wrong with that.... Use synthetic oil every 5000 mile and it will run forever."

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"Good styled vehicle with exceptional gas mileage..and good resale value..but lacks room for 6'4" driver...and is very road noisy and not very good with road bumps/stiffer susoension..otherwise a great car down the interstate."

Outstanding ownership experience

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"I have driven cars of virtually every make and many models around the world during my career as an automotive safety specialist, and my TT Roadster has been one of the finest cars I've ever driven, and certainly the best I've ever owned. I don't think you will find a car that's more fun to drive, even at double the cost."

Great Ride

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"This vehicle is easy to handle. Fun to drive, especially on winding roads through the mountains. AWD hugs the road nicely. Mileage is great which is a definitely a plus these days. Gets lots of attention and I'm constantly being asked about it and am told it looks new. I'm the second owner. Due to its size it's very easy to keep clean."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals