2003 Audi TT

Based on 205 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Beware Repair Costs

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun in summer. Fast with great fuel economy."

Cons: "Expensive Repair costs! Lots of repairs needed."

"I was very excited when I first purchase this car. The 225 hp 4 cylinder engine delivered the power and fuel economy I was looking for, and the AWD with ESP and convertible top gave me the handling and style you would expect from a small class sports car. I purchased this vehicle in October 2010 with 62,000 miles. Within a month of owning the vehicle, the 4 way flasher switch burned out, eliminating my turn signals ($180). In the next 6 months, my washer fluid holding tank sprung a leak (it would cost $150 to replace), and the remote receiver went out for unlocking the doors remotely ($800). About 9 months into ownership the fuel pumps (that's right, there's 2) failed ($1700). In November of 2011 I crossed 100,000 miles so the timing belt had to be replaced ($1200). I also had a check engine light on which turned out to be a temp sensor ($325). It is now January of 2012. We got our first major snowfall of the year. On the way to work this morning, the ESP (electronic stability protection) went out, incapacitating the handling. I don't even want to know what that will cost. This car has been wonderful mechanically, but a disaster electronically. If you plan to buy this car, even the new ones, be CAREFUL! After this experience I will never buy an Audi again. P.S. All prices listed were at a qualified Audi Dealership. I had a tire changed once and another small item looked at on the car by local repair shops. Both times items were broken in my car afterward."

Best Driving Car so Far

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive-"

Cons: "Careful of repair costs"

"I bought this car used. It was Was carefully maintained with complete records. Make sure instrument panel was replaced- also replace timing chain water pump and tensionier. These tend to break due to plastic components. Amazing drive-love the AWD 225hp power. Great fit and finish-timeless looks. Fast, excellent Audi handling!"

Not for a working person

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years, and have had to put over $7000 dollars in repairs and maintainance. If you actually work for a living (which I do) this vehicle is not for you. I have had multiple electrical problems, and everything that needs to be fixed is hundreds of dollars."

Love my 225BHP Audi go-cart

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun, sporty, incredible value for money"

Cons: "Cup holder is in worst position, cramped engine= $"

"I bought my 2000 TT Quattro (immaculate bottle green manual transmission) last Christmas for $7K as previous owners had to leave the country. I was fretting a little since reading some of the reviews - a lot pointed to expensive and frequent repairs for this car. I decided to go for it since i always liked these cars. For reference I owned an Audi A7 before this (long story - had to sell to buy a house) - the A7 was worth 10 times this car. Its my daily driver (I drive over 80 miles per day). This car is absolutely awesome - the interior has held up great for 13 years old, only a minor tear in drivers seat leather. As a bonus (and the previous owner didn't even know) it was chipped (MTM) and forge stealth exhaust so its 271 BHP as opposed to stock 225. This combined with the quattro, sports suspension and tight steering means its like driving a really powerful go-cart that sticks to the road. The turbo/torque is unbelievable and really the quality of the car overall is great. Issues so far: water pump was leaking coolant so had to have pump, tensioners, timing belt and thermostat replaced, which cost around $1200. Instrument cluster not working 100% - fuel gauge off kilter and some lines on the display. Do i expect more things to go wrong? Yes - but i don't care since it was such a bargain to begin with and i love driving it so much (dare i say more so than the A7). If you are on the fence about getting one - don't be: if its in good condition (go to a mechanic and get it checked out), if its been looked after and serviced when it should have been - including timing belt, water pump etc. - then you will not regret it. This car looks like a $40K sports car today and probably performs better than most on the road..."

Very cool and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, good mileage, very big "cool" factor"

Cons: "Costly to repair"

"I have loved this car. Great fun to drive. The trunk is far bigger than one would think. When the top is up it feels a little confining and there is a huge blind spot. When the top is down it is great. The car is expensive to repair and now that I have 70,000 miles, it starting to cost me. I commute in this car and I get 22 MPG in town and I can get 30 MPG on the highway. Its very comfortable for daily drive and on trips."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals