2003 Audi TT

Based on 201 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Drives like an F-16

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, sticks to the road, looks sharp!"

Cons: "Uses premium gas"

"Bought new, garage kept, has it's own Audi Certified mechanic."

Love this car!

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Designed for speed not comfort."

Audi TT Coupe Quattro 6-speed Manual

"So much fun to drive with 6 speed manual."

Audi TT Coupe Quattro 6-speed Manual

this car has received excellent care.

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "this is a fun car to drive,lots of power!"

Cons: "cup holders are hard to reach."

"this car has always been garaged,paint looks new,has custom leather upholstery(baseball stiching),top is in good shape.car has only 55000 miles . tires have about 40% tred left.i think it has all consevable options available."

Love my TT, and have a suggestion for improvement

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun, Cute, Turns Corners Tight, Comfy"

Cons: "best for someone probably 5ft 8 RE: shift reach"

"Love my Quattro Roadster - TT. Comfy bucket seats, shifting up helps with gas mileage, top down is always fun, feel safer with metal frame supports behind head inside cabin (in case of a flip), great sound system, convenient buttons for gas, door locks, etc. A I am not fond of.....wish designers had added drink holders at arms length for driving, not behind arms length to be extra safe.. and discourage a sip while at a light. Other: a design idea that I would like to see: holes pore into window, all the way around, protect with grommets or other visually appealing option, glue all the way around as standard. Why? for the day your window sealant ends and window is not attached....it would be fabulous to have the window stay in place with the holes and sewn in to top....could get reglued...but at least window is still useful visually and for anti-theft. Thank you"

love, love this car, great performance

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "fun drive, comfortable for long drives,"

Cons: "placement of cup holders a little off"

"handles like a dream! holds corners like a race car! One of the best cars I've driven!"

Best AWD convertible sports car going.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Short of a Porsche C4 the TT has been great even in snow!"

This vehicle has numerous design flaws.

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Great when it's running"

Cons: "The 2nd worst car for reliability I've ever owned."

"I would never buy another VW product based on this car. It's the worst car for reliability I've owned, even worse than an AMC Javelin."

Everything but the transmission is great

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Handling, power, fun to drive"

Cons: "Transmission complicated by Quattro and clutch"

"I love my 2001 red Audi TT Quattro. It's a 5-speed stick with loads of power. It accelerates quickly and hugs the road through sharp turns. Lone minor drawback is limited visibility, especially backing up. But the absolute No. 1 issue is the transmission. First, the stick snapped off in my hand. A year later, with no warning, I lost all the gears, but 2nd. The transmission replacement is hugely expensive because there's no way to know what's wrong inside. And I've been told the clutch could be impacted as well as a rear gear box or something like that. I'm looking at $2,500 to $5,000 for it to be drivable again. The car only has 80,000 miles and I'm the second owner having bought it two years earlier with 60,000 miles. In the state it's in now, I can only get $1,500 in a trade. Car is worth a lot more."

fun, fun car, fast and quick

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "distinctive styling...plenty of power"

Cons: "repair costs????"

"Meets my def. of a sports car. two seater, manual trans. and a ragtop. Downshifting and punching it around a corner is a trip. Want to drive it all the time. Never play the Bose stereo just love to listen to the revs. All the car I can handle, what a rush!"

Fun car, a few quirks, bad dealer experiences

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Handling, styling, driving experience"

Cons: "dealership service incompetance"

"Really like the car. Favorite driving experience of any car I've owned. It accelerates well, handles well, very good maneuverability. Styling is great, too. Some issues: multiple fuel sender replacements, 2 instrument panel replacements, secondary air pump failed, bose stereo replaced twice. Dealer in Fort Wayne Indiana backed a pickup into it during a service visit and did not provide satisfactory repair work. VERY DISAPPOINTED. Vehicle has been running much better since I started taking it to independent (non-dealerhip) facilities."

Sweet ride

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, top of the line audi TT roadster"

Cons: "Still an Audi ;)"

"I love mine. It is black and I've had it for 5 years and have put 50k miles on it and haven't had any real problems. I had one plastic radiator part break due to age. I love the style and my only complaint is that when the top is up, it is like being in a small airplane cockpit. Mine is tinted to the max dark and I really wished I hadn't tinted it so dark. It definitely increased the cool factor. They are getting old now, however, I paid 12,500 5 years ago and the bb value is around $9500, so it looks like I made a good choice. I got 45k out of the tires also. It is a 4 wheel drive (Quattro) and does surprisingly well in Colorado snow. I also have a jeep that I tend to use more in the winter and this more in the summer."

Quattro, Fuel Economny, Classic Design

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "30-35mpg, Quattro all wheel drive, manual tranny"

Cons: "2 seats. Laughable cup holders."

"My 2004 Audi TT has been the car I always thought it would be. Nearly perfect. Sports car? No, not really. More a GT. It loves to run 70-100 mph (pity I live in the congested US and not in Germany). Despite living in the southern US. We get snow, cold temps and ice here. The TT handles it all without drama. Buy a new one? No. To get a manual you need to spend close to $50k for a new TT. No... I'll drive the original classic until the wheels fall off. Looking for one? If it is under 50,000 miles, make sure the timing belt has been done, and make doubly sure the plastic impellers are replaced with steel. And most of all, find a good Audi shop. If it has a OEM roof rack, add $800. They are unobtainium and bring a premium."

best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "outstanding engineering & performance"

Cons: "if you are taller than 6 feet can be cramping"

"added a borla muffler which yielded outstanding midrange power & mpg increase to 33mpg hwy easy. hope to keep this car at least another 10 yrs. had it a year and a half now. all I've done is change oil twice. outstanding on slick surfaces. but when the snow is deep & rutty you better leave it in the garage. toooo low for snow over 3 inches. a little low for me as I get older but, I love it to much to let it go."

I love the car

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, sporty,"

Cons: "Roadster has no back seat, small trunk,1 suitcase"

"2006 T T 3.2 with 73,000 miles on it. Great fun to drive. Top notch in all areas. Looks new after all the years. Get it inspected by a third party before buying. One very big draw back are the dealers. I have two in my area both are very Bad. Examples. Glove box would not stay shut. Dealer wanted five hundred for A new glove box, my salesman heard me talking to the service manager and Told me he wanted to look at the glove box himself. Salesman rearranged the Owners manual glove box now stays shut. Second dealer. I needed some advice on how to install the conv top cover when the Top is down. Manual is not clear on this. Dealer wanted me to make a service Appointment. Service manager said the car was older than her. It's a 2006"

Most fun car I have ever driven

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "have enjoyed every minute that I am in this car!!"

"I love this car's total design, it is a perfect fit for me!"

Little Speedy AWD Drop Top!!

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, beautiful to at,ultimate head turner"

Cons: "could be a little bit more reliable"

MY BABY

"I've always wanted this car! Found the perfect one with low milage from an older guy. I love driving it!! Top down on a nice night is probably the best feeling. My girlfriend hates how I drive it but it's got too much power not to push it a little. I also put about a thousand into the car to bring it up another 100hp. I'm not going to say its the most reliable car but for the price they are now...IT'S WORTH IT. The sound system is crisp and clean even with the top down and the wind blowing. I have a baby on the way so i may have to sell it for a big boy car but I will cry when I see it drive away for the last time."

MY BABY

One of the BEST values for an amazing roadter

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "AMAZING Roadster"

Cons: "If you like to slide the AWD is not for you .."

"Don't even bother with the two wheel drive if your looking for one of these. The difference in price for the Quatro with AWD and 225 HP is well worth the difference, unless you're buying this for a teenager. I've had 3 convertibles I've loved ;Fiat 124 (in-spite of the repairs :), Mazda Miata ( which handles so well and with rear wheel drive a blast to drive) and this Audi TT Q 225. It's so much fun I find myself driving around, and taking the long way home all the time. Perfect comfortable seats, amazing acceleration, and at this price for a used roadster there isnt much competition. Find the right one, pay more for less mileage, check the top , and BUY IT !"

Great car

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Things that broke sofar...pax electric window motor, o-ring on jets that clean headlights cracked and washer fluid started to leak...both replaced and fixed under warranty . Just replaced battery for first time in 11 years. Great car, great design, performance ok, I have the frontwheel drive version with 180 hp. Back seats fold down, giving it a relatively large storage for car that size.and it's gas mileage is great, 24-26 in the city, on highway at 70mph I get 33-35 mpg..."

Love my 225BHP Audi go-cart

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun, sporty, incredible value for money"

Cons: "Cup holder is in worst position, cramped engine= $"

"I bought my 2000 TT Quattro (immaculate bottle green manual transmission) last Christmas for $7K as previous owners had to leave the country. I was fretting a little since reading some of the reviews - a lot pointed to expensive and frequent repairs for this car. I decided to go for it since i always liked these cars. For reference I owned an Audi A7 before this (long story - had to sell to buy a house) - the A7 was worth 10 times this car. Its my daily driver (I drive over 80 miles per day). This car is absolutely awesome - the interior has held up great for 13 years old, only a minor tear in drivers seat leather. As a bonus (and the previous owner didn't even know) it was chipped (MTM) and forge stealth exhaust so its 271 BHP as opposed to stock 225. This combined with the quattro, sports suspension and tight steering means its like driving a really powerful go-cart that sticks to the road. The turbo/torque is unbelievable and really the quality of the car overall is great. Issues so far: water pump was leaking coolant so had to have pump, tensioners, timing belt and thermostat replaced, which cost around $1200. Instrument cluster not working 100% - fuel gauge off kilter and some lines on the display. Do i expect more things to go wrong? Yes - but i don't care since it was such a bargain to begin with and i love driving it so much (dare i say more so than the A7). If you are on the fence about getting one - don't be: if its in good condition (go to a mechanic and get it checked out), if its been looked after and serviced when it should have been - including timing belt, water pump etc. - then you will not regret it. This car looks like a $40K sports car today and probably performs better than most on the road..."

Great car for last 13 years, would do it again.

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, fun to drive, stylish, reliable"

Cons: "cost of any dealer service"

"Had this car since June, 2000 so after 13 years it is still a joy to drive and I truly enjoy the style and design elements. The baseball optic seats still look great and get a lot of comments. Although it is a third car and I use it on great days, it also performs incredibly well in the snow and foul weather with "all weather" tires. It does not handle as well as a Porsche but is thousands less and more than adequate for my driving style."

good looking car but it will cost you!

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, eye catcher"

Cons: "repair cost....huge!"

"i love this car, it is fun to drive but it has cost me a fortune to keep it on the road. when the car it 65,000 the transmission needed replaced. after a long battle with Audi they agreed to pay only half of the part so new transmission and inspection still cost $5,000. at 95,000 my alternatior and electrical box went which cost me another $998. Now, a month later, my turn signals are working when the want to so i took it back to the dealer they are stating another $150 for a hazard switch and i need a new timming belt, "should have been done at 65,0000 miles", $2100 and a new hose $100. this is a great little car to drive just be prepared to dish out a lot of money!"

Awesome drive - blast of a commuter

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "awesome to drive, great interior, lots of storage"

Cons: "windows are high, bad blind spot, expensive"

"The car drives fantastically. I've had my 225 hp TT coupe for about 4 months now and use it as my regular commuter for a 30 mile commute of a hilly, curvy road in California. It's been fantastic and sticks to the road with plenty of torque and power to flow out of the turns. My only quip with the handling and engine is the traction control comes on when you hit bumps and it gets confused. Pretty dumb in my opinion as that's when you want more help. Thankfully, it's just a button on the main panel and it's easy to turn off. I get a consistent 24-25 mpg and I don't drive the car easily at all. I almost always have AC/climate control on and it does great. No mechanical issues at all other than a coil that had to be replaced after purchase. If you like driving and appreciate a well designed interior, this car will be great for you."

Best Car Ever

By on Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pros: "price, fun to drive, aesthetics"

Cons: "small glove box, small back seat"

"Picked up a used 2003 TT Quattro a few weeks ago... absolutely love it. Having 105k miles, it is in excellent condition and looks and handles like new... unexpected for a 10 year old car! The AWD is especially nice, handles great and grips the road. It is quite powerful and quick for a small vehicle, the turbo is awesome. Also, the interior has held up really well too for being 10 years old... only a minor tear in the leather on driver seat and a few small nicks here and there, but nothing noticeable. Overall, great car for the price. It's reliable, unique and fun! I love when people pull up next to me and tell me to "step on that sh#t!"."

Luv this car!

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "I love the body style. Looks great. Drives great."

"This has been an awesome car! Handles beautifully and so much fun to drive."

A wonderful limited production automobile!

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Rides like on rails, accelerates like a scared cat"

Cons: "Difficult rear view, cup holder inconvenient place"

"The Grey Ghost"

"This car is fun to drive and quite comfortable to ride in. Parts can be difficult and dealers do charge a small fortune to work on it. I find it very reliable, well designed and thought out. Lateral rear views are difficult to get accurately, a function of the tear drop shape! Mileage is reasonable, about 25 mpg about town, about 21 is driven hard. Only likes 93 octane and synthetic oil but goes 10,000 miles between oil changes. Only "very expensive" item is the timing belt which I changed at 93,000 miles (manual says 65,000). I have owned car for 12 months and it is a dream to drive no matter what road conditions. I rotate tires seasonally (4 months with snow and mud and 8 months with summer tread) Mine is Nimbus Grey with a Blue leather interior and with minimal care the leather is holding uo very well, the Bose sound system is superb (6 CD changer). I do not use the integrated phone and the Navigational system is not functional at this point (very old school and my cell phone does a nice job filling in! I am very !!!!!!!!! happy with this car and will do all I can to keep it sweet! It is the best car and the most fun I have ever owned and I have owned quite a few at 67. I am especially pleased with the gearing ratio that allowsw me to cruise in 4th or 5th gear at 40mph with no lugging!"

"The Grey Ghost"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals