2003 Audi TT

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

I love my TT

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"I've owned my 2000 TT quattro for over 8 years and 115,000 miles so far. Even to this day, it still turns heads. It's been a pleasure to drive although the ride is a bit rough and the shocks wore out rather quickly. I would seriously love to keep this car forever but it's getting old and falling apart and there isn't any like it out there anymore (I don't like the look of the new TTs). My biggest complaint would be the expense and poor quality of Audi's parts. I've had to replace: the steering rack, water pump, two different ABS sensors, and the ECU."

Beware Repair Costs

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun in summer. Fast with great fuel economy."

Cons: "Expensive Repair costs! Lots of repairs needed."

"I was very excited when I first purchase this car. The 225 hp 4 cylinder engine delivered the power and fuel economy I was looking for, and the AWD with ESP and convertible top gave me the handling and style you would expect from a small class sports car. I purchased this vehicle in October 2010 with 62,000 miles. Within a month of owning the vehicle, the 4 way flasher switch burned out, eliminating my turn signals ($180). In the next 6 months, my washer fluid holding tank sprung a leak (it would cost $150 to replace), and the remote receiver went out for unlocking the doors remotely ($800). About 9 months into ownership the fuel pumps (that's right, there's 2) failed ($1700). In November of 2011 I crossed 100,000 miles so the timing belt had to be replaced ($1200). I also had a check engine light on which turned out to be a temp sensor ($325). It is now January of 2012. We got our first major snowfall of the year. On the way to work this morning, the ESP (electronic stability protection) went out, incapacitating the handling. I don't even want to know what that will cost. This car has been wonderful mechanically, but a disaster electronically. If you plan to buy this car, even the new ones, be CAREFUL! After this experience I will never buy an Audi again. P.S. All prices listed were at a qualified Audi Dealership. I had a tire changed once and another small item looked at on the car by local repair shops. Both times items were broken in my car afterward."

Best Driving Car so Far

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive-"

Cons: "Careful of repair costs"

"I bought this car used. It was Was carefully maintained with complete records. Make sure instrument panel was replaced- also replace timing chain water pump and tensionier. These tend to break due to plastic components. Amazing drive-love the AWD 225hp power. Great fit and finish-timeless looks. Fast, excellent Audi handling!"

Very cool and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, good mileage, very big "cool" factor"

Cons: "Costly to repair"

"I have loved this car. Great fun to drive. The trunk is far bigger than one would think. When the top is up it feels a little confining and there is a huge blind spot. When the top is down it is great. The car is expensive to repair and now that I have 70,000 miles, it starting to cost me. I commute in this car and I get 22 MPG in town and I can get 30 MPG on the highway. Its very comfortable for daily drive and on trips."

Not for a working person

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years, and have had to put over $7000 dollars in repairs and maintainance. If you actually work for a living (which I do) this vehicle is not for you. I have had multiple electrical problems, and everything that needs to be fixed is hundreds of dollars."

Love my 225BHP Audi go-cart

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun, sporty, incredible value for money"

Cons: "Cup holder is in worst position, cramped engine= $"

"I bought my 2000 TT Quattro (immaculate bottle green manual transmission) last Christmas for $7K as previous owners had to leave the country. I was fretting a little since reading some of the reviews - a lot pointed to expensive and frequent repairs for this car. I decided to go for it since i always liked these cars. For reference I owned an Audi A7 before this (long story - had to sell to buy a house) - the A7 was worth 10 times this car. Its my daily driver (I drive over 80 miles per day). This car is absolutely awesome - the interior has held up great for 13 years old, only a minor tear in drivers seat leather. As a bonus (and the previous owner didn't even know) it was chipped (MTM) and forge stealth exhaust so its 271 BHP as opposed to stock 225. This combined with the quattro, sports suspension and tight steering means its like driving a really powerful go-cart that sticks to the road. The turbo/torque is unbelievable and really the quality of the car overall is great. Issues so far: water pump was leaking coolant so had to have pump, tensioners, timing belt and thermostat replaced, which cost around $1200. Instrument cluster not working 100% - fuel gauge off kilter and some lines on the display. Do i expect more things to go wrong? Yes - but i don't care since it was such a bargain to begin with and i love driving it so much (dare i say more so than the A7). If you are on the fence about getting one - don't be: if its in good condition (go to a mechanic and get it checked out), if its been looked after and serviced when it should have been - including timing belt, water pump etc. - then you will not regret it. This car looks like a $40K sports car today and probably performs better than most on the road..."

Little Speedy AWD Drop Top!!

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, beautiful to at,ultimate head turner"

Cons: "could be a little bit more reliable"

MY BABY

"I've always wanted this car! Found the perfect one with low milage from an older guy. I love driving it!! Top down on a nice night is probably the best feeling. My girlfriend hates how I drive it but it's got too much power not to push it a little. I also put about a thousand into the car to bring it up another 100hp. I'm not going to say its the most reliable car but for the price they are now...IT'S WORTH IT. The sound system is crisp and clean even with the top down and the wind blowing. I have a baby on the way so i may have to sell it for a big boy car but I will cry when I see it drive away for the last time."

MY BABY

Great cruiser, if you keep up with maintenance

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"I've owned my 2002 TT Quattro roadster for 4 years. Fit and finish are among the strong points on this vehicle. Handling is fantastic - I can take a corner at speeds that most can't. As for winter driving, if you have the Quattro, this handles beautifully - and with Colorado winters, that's saying quite a bit. Fuel efficiency is surpsingly good for a luxury sports vehicle. I average 27 MPG divided between city and highway driving. Superficial highlights: Sound system is excellent - 9 speaker Bose system in premium 225 HP, 6-speed package. If you do a roadster - avoid the black leather - your backside will be grateful (it gets quite warm). Top is mechanical and moves up and down quickly. Must check oil at each fill-up, engine drinks this stuff - issue unique to the engine (see any Audi forum about this). A little bit of turbo lag when you gun it. It is vital to keep up with the scheduled maintenance, or you will run into minor issues that can nickel and dime you. Parts and maintenance are not cheap, even outside the dealer - so be warned if you are looking at an Audi in general. PROS: - Excellent handling - Six-speed tranny is quick and fun to drive - Great mileage for an AWD sports convertible - Fit and finish are A+ - Great online resources - Excellent sound system - Quick drop-top action - Comfortable on long drives - Body integrity is awesome - no creaks or squeeks even in a car that is almost 9 years old CONS: - Parts and maintenance are expensive (and many parts "disposable" when they shouldn't be, like the oil pan plug) - Turbo lag when full-throttle - Black leather in a convertible (what was I thinking?) - Instrument cluster issues (my gas gauge is always wrong, so I rely on onboard computer) - Drinks oil as an appetizer (but not excessively so, just be aware)"

Think twice before buying this one.

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"Over time my initial exuberance has evaporated into disgust. I've never owned an automobile that was a constant aggravation. At 55,500 miles I'm on my third water pump, had persistent coolant leakage problems, emission difficulty, vacuum leaks, the alternator went bad and took a battery out with it, the check engine light has repeatedly sent me to repair over the last three years. I've been flat-bedded to mechanics twice. Mirror control has broken, control for heated seat pushed into the dashboard, the dome light arbitrarily refuses to shut off, turn signal unit took a dump and the dipstick broke. In short, I've had it with Audii and this 2001 TT coupe in particular."

Am I asking too much?

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"A great, quick, flashy, well-handling sports car. I was just disappointed in the poor visibility (I never got used to the little windows/poor lines of vision); the "back seat" was pretty useless for anything; the cup holders were ridiculously located; and the number of repairs I've had that happened "post free service plan" even though I complained about a number of them before it expired. BTW, be very afraid if the latch on your glove compartment breaks (and they do). It is over $1,000 to fix because you "have to replace the entire glovebox module." 'Nuff said. I am buying an 2008 Infiniti G37."

Timeless

By on Sunday, July 13, 2008

"I own a 2002 Audi TT ALMS and have far more praise than criticism for it. There are so few car designs that will look as good ten years from now as they do today (with this is by far being one of the most endearing). With a few basic mods and intelligent dirving habits, I am achieving 33 mpg hwy and 27 mpg city. My TT was also bitten by the gauge cluster bug, but Audi finally recalled this and replaced it at no cost. Proper maintenance is key. Use synthetic oil only and replace the timing belt at 60k (IMPORTANT!). The six speed is an absolute pleasure to work through it's paces, while the car as a whole has all the bells and whistles you would expect from Audi without being obnoxious. Definitely worth the price of admission."

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"Very good looking car; it's a 9 year old design and everyone still thinks it's brand new! Very good quality interior with plenty of space for 2, but obviously it is low and a little harder to get into. Back seat can't hold people (not supposed to anyway) only groceries etc. and the trunk is fairly small (can fit 1 tire but not 2), but I guess one would expect that from a compact sports car like this. Quattro all wheel drive out performs any 4x4 on the market, and 1.8 turbo engine is very fast for it's size and gets awesome mileage for how quick it is. I love every single thing about this car, but after 3 years of using it as my daily driver I'm trading it because it's too small and not practical enough. I would recommend having a second, larger vehicle with you buy the Audi TT."

Timeless

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"The car is breathtaking. I just bought a used one and it has been nothing short of exhilirating. When the turbo kicks in (at least in mine which is the 225, not the 180) it really gets torquey, much more than I originally expected. However, at about 80k miles and/or 6 years old, the car needs to do a timing belt/tensioner/water pump service which will cost about $2000. This car is also known to have engine temp and gas guage failure, so that will be a few hundred bucks. Other than that, it is an amazing car. It came out in 1999, but does not look aged at all; the design is simply timeless and always looks clean, sharp, and head-turning. I love this car so much!! It's small, but that is largely due to the fact that I drove SUVs for as long as I can remember and I just wanted a stickshift sports car to play around (which, by the way, is the slickest 6-speed I have ever driven). LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!! If you can afford the maintenance (Pirelli tires, fully synthetic oil every 3k, preferably 93 octane gas where available), then definitely do it, you will not regret!!"

My 2nd Audi TT Conv

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"If you want a quick and fun fun fun car to drive then pick the audi tt. The car is so classy looking... you can buy a used one and saved thousands... The interior is very modern. I have owned 2 now and I havent had any problems.. it gets good gas milage but it does require premium. Also if your looking to buy one please note that not all conv audis have power folding tops.... I like power folding top myself.. but just remember if you get the manual you;ll NEVER have to worry about it not working...lol . You can also shift the car yourself with either the shifter or on the steering wheel.... overall -awesome car and soo much fun to drive...and it holds it value (if you buy used) Cons- premium gas, no arm rest"

Go-cart on steroids !!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

"I've owned mine for 6 1/2 yrs. I absolutely love this car. Fast and fuel efficient,zero body roll on corners,seats that fit and hold you like a glove,unbelievable sound system.Fits 2 sets of golf clubs [What!This is important],My only gripe is maintenence cost. Audi goes out of their way to make this car difficult to work on yourself. I am very mech savvy,that being said ,i spent several hours changing a headlight bulb.Manuals and forums consulted.Stuberness and pride would NEVER allow me to send it out for a low beam. I am not rich,being able to work on my own vehicle is very important to me. Other than that, would totally buy another when I save more pennies. LOVE THIS CAR !!"

i own this car and love it

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"This car is something else. Not many people have these types of cars but i'm sure that the ones who do have one are very satisfied. I never thought about having one for myself because i had my honda civic but when i drove that audi tt, i knew it had to be mine for the taking. The only thing i recommend is that if the owner lives in a place where it snows, please have all seasons front tires or the ASR will drive you insane. It is a small car and it will just spin on ice and snow so good tires are crucial. I just put new all season tires in the front and it made all the difference in the world. Also, this car will take you by surprise when you drive it FAST!!!"

best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "outstanding engineering & performance"

Cons: "if you are taller than 6 feet can be cramping"

"added a borla muffler which yielded outstanding midrange power & mpg increase to 33mpg hwy easy. hope to keep this car at least another 10 yrs. had it a year and a half now. all I've done is change oil twice. outstanding on slick surfaces. but when the snow is deep & rutty you better leave it in the garage. toooo low for snow over 3 inches. a little low for me as I get older but, I love it to much to let it go."

One of the BEST values for an amazing roadter

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "AMAZING Roadster"

Cons: "If you like to slide the AWD is not for you .."

"Don't even bother with the two wheel drive if your looking for one of these. The difference in price for the Quatro with AWD and 225 HP is well worth the difference, unless you're buying this for a teenager. I've had 3 convertibles I've loved ;Fiat 124 (in-spite of the repairs :), Mazda Miata ( which handles so well and with rear wheel drive a blast to drive) and this Audi TT Q 225. It's so much fun I find myself driving around, and taking the long way home all the time. Perfect comfortable seats, amazing acceleration, and at this price for a used roadster there isnt much competition. Find the right one, pay more for less mileage, check the top , and BUY IT !"

Awesome style and handles the road!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "great style and fun to drive"

Cons: "maintenance costs and does not hold its value well"

"This is a fun to drive sports car with great interior and exterior styling. If I were to say anything negative about this car; it would have to be its maintenance cost and it really does not hold its value so well as I thought it should."

Great! but expensive repairs

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great, great quality, sporty"

Cons: "expensive repairs/maintenance"

"I was given this car as a graduation gift, and I LOVED it for 7 years. It is fun to drive, looks great, and is great quality. I have the Bose sound system, and it has wonderful sound quality. It is small and the backseat won't fit a full grown person, but that's part of why I like it. It fits my petite-ness. My only complaint is now that it is getting older it has been difficult to fix. Things start needing replacement and tweaks, and because I live in an area where there is no Audi dealership and very few Audis in town, it is difficult to find people willing to work on it at all. When they do work on it, they require all the parts come from the dealership (150 miles away), so the prices are outrageous. I only wish I had the resources to fix things on my car so I could keep it forever! I love it so much and will be sad to sell it because I can't maintain it anymore."

MONEY PIT

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

Reason: Kept breaking down.

Pros: "Looks, styling, pep of 225 HP engine."

Cons: "Many, many costly repairs!"

"I bought the TT used and for a good deal at the time. After a year of driving it I understood why. This car had nothing but problems from day 1. For starters the timimg belt broke at 67K miles. It was laid up in the shop for weeks cause of all the work that was required. Then a couple months later I found myself dead on the road yet again. This time a sensor in the engine costed me another $1,000 in repairs. What else... The alignment was way off and could only be corrected at Audi for $$$$$ cause of a special tool they only carried. The guage cluster started to go haywire. The CD changer died. The speakers started crackling when the volume was only halfway turned up. Anytime it rained I could hear water sloshing around somewhere behind the seats. The straw that broke the camels back was a vibration/ rattle in the engine that would have cost me a lot more money to fix. Granted the styling of the car is sweet, ergonomics cool looking, and a little pep of the 225 HP engine... I could not offload this car fast enough. Please avoid unless you want to spend a lot of money in the shop."

A Great All-Around Vehicle

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"This car is a great combination of all you may want. I love my 02 and even though I also have a 911 I wouldn't trade it for the world. Its a convertible, has good power, good trunk space, is roomy even with the top up, handles great, gets amazing mileage for a sportscar(even when you drive aggressive), and has appreciable quality in materials and workmanship. If you can get a Quattro you will be amazed at how this car can handle anything (snow, ice, rain) you throw at it. Its only possible defecits are they overly cautious traction control, the fact you can't see the front end since its curved, the turbo lag, and that the design is peculiarly suceptible to a drip at the front corners of the windows when driving in the rain. I feel this car is often under appreciated for what it is. Its not the fastest, the fanciest, or most expensive. But truly is a great everyday vehicle when all its strengths are taken together. Much like a higher end Miata it will be a solid all around sportscar that you can drive with little compromise."

I love the car

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, sporty,"

Cons: "Roadster has no back seat, small trunk,1 suitcase"

"2006 T T 3.2 with 73,000 miles on it. Great fun to drive. Top notch in all areas. Looks new after all the years. Get it inspected by a third party before buying. One very big draw back are the dealers. I have two in my area both are very Bad. Examples. Glove box would not stay shut. Dealer wanted five hundred for A new glove box, my salesman heard me talking to the service manager and Told me he wanted to look at the glove box himself. Salesman rearranged the Owners manual glove box now stays shut. Second dealer. I needed some advice on how to install the conv top cover when the Top is down. Manual is not clear on this. Dealer wanted me to make a service Appointment. Service manager said the car was older than her. It's a 2006"

love it!

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

"bought it new - keeping it forever"

bucket o' junk

By on Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Pros: "handles great in snow for a sportscar, tight turns, quick acceleration"

Cons: "after 70k, becomes a black money hole of repairs"

"I've had my 2001 Audi TT Quattro for six years, and up until the last year and a half, it's been grand. However, between the 70-80k mark, i have become closely acquainted with my mechanics. Although they're great guys, not exactly what I had in mind to do with my free time - hang out at the shop. The car has needed so many repairs that I can't even remember to list them all: timing belt, interior/electrical malfunctions, oil leaks (note that is plural), ABS issues, expensive hoses in engine breaking, and the latest delight is yet another belt and an alternator. Despite wanting my mechanics' kids to attend college, I can't keep pouring into their college fund and am thus looking to rid of this junk bucket asap. PS all the repairs are at least 2x as expensive as most cars because it's European. Ridiculous! Save yourself, and don't buy this rotten egg."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals