2002 Audi TT

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

A wonderful limited production automobile!

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Rides like on rails, accelerates like a scared cat"

Cons: "Difficult rear view, cup holder inconvenient place"

"The Grey Ghost"

"This car is fun to drive and quite comfortable to ride in. Parts can be difficult and dealers do charge a small fortune to work on it. I find it very reliable, well designed and thought out. Lateral rear views are difficult to get accurately, a function of the tear drop shape! Mileage is reasonable, about 25 mpg about town, about 21 is driven hard. Only likes 93 octane and synthetic oil but goes 10,000 miles between oil changes. Only "very expensive" item is the timing belt which I changed at 93,000 miles (manual says 65,000). I have owned car for 12 months and it is a dream to drive no matter what road conditions. I rotate tires seasonally (4 months with snow and mud and 8 months with summer tread) Mine is Nimbus Grey with a Blue leather interior and with minimal care the leather is holding uo very well, the Bose sound system is superb (6 CD changer). I do not use the integrated phone and the Navigational system is not functional at this point (very old school and my cell phone does a nice job filling in! I am very !!!!!!!!! happy with this car and will do all I can to keep it sweet! It is the best car and the most fun I have ever owned and I have owned quite a few at 67. I am especially pleased with the gearing ratio that allowsw me to cruise in 4th or 5th gear at 40mph with no lugging!"

"The Grey Ghost"

Get the extended warranty!

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"Car has been in and out of the shop since purchased 3 months ago for multiple things. wiring in headlight, thermastat, leak in back window, control module."

Very cool and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, good mileage, very big "cool" factor"

Cons: "Costly to repair"

"I have loved this car. Great fun to drive. The trunk is far bigger than one would think. When the top is up it feels a little confining and there is a huge blind spot. When the top is down it is great. The car is expensive to repair and now that I have 70,000 miles, it starting to cost me. I commute in this car and I get 22 MPG in town and I can get 30 MPG on the highway. Its very comfortable for daily drive and on trips."

Not for a working person

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years, and have had to put over $7000 dollars in repairs and maintainance. If you actually work for a living (which I do) this vehicle is not for you. I have had multiple electrical problems, and everything that needs to be fixed is hundreds of dollars."

Love my 225BHP Audi go-cart

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun, sporty, incredible value for money"

Cons: "Cup holder is in worst position, cramped engine= $"

"I bought my 2000 TT Quattro (immaculate bottle green manual transmission) last Christmas for $7K as previous owners had to leave the country. I was fretting a little since reading some of the reviews - a lot pointed to expensive and frequent repairs for this car. I decided to go for it since i always liked these cars. For reference I owned an Audi A7 before this (long story - had to sell to buy a house) - the A7 was worth 10 times this car. Its my daily driver (I drive over 80 miles per day). This car is absolutely awesome - the interior has held up great for 13 years old, only a minor tear in drivers seat leather. As a bonus (and the previous owner didn't even know) it was chipped (MTM) and forge stealth exhaust so its 271 BHP as opposed to stock 225. This combined with the quattro, sports suspension and tight steering means its like driving a really powerful go-cart that sticks to the road. The turbo/torque is unbelievable and really the quality of the car overall is great. Issues so far: water pump was leaking coolant so had to have pump, tensioners, timing belt and thermostat replaced, which cost around $1200. Instrument cluster not working 100% - fuel gauge off kilter and some lines on the display. Do i expect more things to go wrong? Yes - but i don't care since it was such a bargain to begin with and i love driving it so much (dare i say more so than the A7). If you are on the fence about getting one - don't be: if its in good condition (go to a mechanic and get it checked out), if its been looked after and serviced when it should have been - including timing belt, water pump etc. - then you will not regret it. This car looks like a $40K sports car today and probably performs better than most on the road..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals