2002 Audi TT

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

I love my TT

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"I've owned my 2000 TT quattro for over 8 years and 115,000 miles so far. Even to this day, it still turns heads. It's been a pleasure to drive although the ride is a bit rough and the shocks wore out rather quickly. I would seriously love to keep this car forever but it's getting old and falling apart and there isn't any like it out there anymore (I don't like the look of the new TTs). My biggest complaint would be the expense and poor quality of Audi's parts. I've had to replace: the steering rack, water pump, two different ABS sensors, and the ECU."

Beware Repair Costs

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun in summer. Fast with great fuel economy."

Cons: "Expensive Repair costs! Lots of repairs needed."

"I was very excited when I first purchase this car. The 225 hp 4 cylinder engine delivered the power and fuel economy I was looking for, and the AWD with ESP and convertible top gave me the handling and style you would expect from a small class sports car. I purchased this vehicle in October 2010 with 62,000 miles. Within a month of owning the vehicle, the 4 way flasher switch burned out, eliminating my turn signals ($180). In the next 6 months, my washer fluid holding tank sprung a leak (it would cost $150 to replace), and the remote receiver went out for unlocking the doors remotely ($800). About 9 months into ownership the fuel pumps (that's right, there's 2) failed ($1700). In November of 2011 I crossed 100,000 miles so the timing belt had to be replaced ($1200). I also had a check engine light on which turned out to be a temp sensor ($325). It is now January of 2012. We got our first major snowfall of the year. On the way to work this morning, the ESP (electronic stability protection) went out, incapacitating the handling. I don't even want to know what that will cost. This car has been wonderful mechanically, but a disaster electronically. If you plan to buy this car, even the new ones, be CAREFUL! After this experience I will never buy an Audi again. P.S. All prices listed were at a qualified Audi Dealership. I had a tire changed once and another small item looked at on the car by local repair shops. Both times items were broken in my car afterward."

TT -

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"I've had an 2001 TT for a year now and I would recommend if you buy an 01-03 model have the timing belt checked/changed ASAP. Mine went out a few months after purchasing it and it will cause catastrophic engine failure resulting in a large repair bill, mine was 7K. Audi currently does not have a recall on this but it is a faulty timing belt issue so they will pick up a large portion of the cost if it goes out. There have also been some electrical issues but all in all it has been a great car to drive. I have had a hard time finding anyone but the dealer to work on my car, it is probably best to take it to the dealer to keep the warranties valid."

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"I am on my 2nd TT. The first was a 2001 180 roadster which I leased for 4 years. After the lease expired, I had to get another one. The 2nd was a 2001 225 quatro roadster which I bought with low miles and in excellant condition. Both cars were pear black. *** Plus's *** 1. Style. You will be noticed! I have been stopped frequently by people wanting to look at the car. The seats are the baseball glove style which also turns heads. The materials used (brushed aluminum and padded surfaces) add to its impressive looks. And those aluminium roll bars really stand out. 2. Performance. Accelaration with the 225 is awesome. Have no problems passing on a two lane country road. 3. Handling. I swear I can make a 90 degree turn at 55 mph. This car is very responsive. 4. Comfort. The inside of the doors are recessed which allows for more shoulder room as compared to most other cars in this class. A big plus. Also the inside of the car sits lower which prevents alot of outside air from entering the drivers compartment. 5. Features. The trunk is large enough to place suitcases in for traveling. This is usually one drawback of most sport cars. The glass rear window is outstanding. With this up NO air recirculates into the car on cold days. I can drive with the top down at 50 degrees with the heated seats on and not feel cold at all. Large glove box and numerous storage areas (nets in doors, locking storage behind passenger seat and rear storage comparment beneath rear window). ------------------------------------------------------------------ *** Cons *** The only two items I can think of is comfort over the long haul. However, I have taken the car on several long trips (over 500 miles) and not felt bad afterwards. The second is the placement of the cup holders. Hard to reach while driving."

Best Driving Car so Far

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive-"

Cons: "Careful of repair costs"

"I bought this car used. It was Was carefully maintained with complete records. Make sure instrument panel was replaced- also replace timing chain water pump and tensionier. These tend to break due to plastic components. Amazing drive-love the AWD 225hp power. Great fit and finish-timeless looks. Fast, excellent Audi handling!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals