2001 Audi TT

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

I love my TT

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"I've owned my 2000 TT quattro for over 8 years and 115,000 miles so far. Even to this day, it still turns heads. It's been a pleasure to drive although the ride is a bit rough and the shocks wore out rather quickly. I would seriously love to keep this car forever but it's getting old and falling apart and there isn't any like it out there anymore (I don't like the look of the new TTs). My biggest complaint would be the expense and poor quality of Audi's parts. I've had to replace: the steering rack, water pump, two different ABS sensors, and the ECU."

Beware Repair Costs

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun in summer. Fast with great fuel economy."

Cons: "Expensive Repair costs! Lots of repairs needed."

"I was very excited when I first purchase this car. The 225 hp 4 cylinder engine delivered the power and fuel economy I was looking for, and the AWD with ESP and convertible top gave me the handling and style you would expect from a small class sports car. I purchased this vehicle in October 2010 with 62,000 miles. Within a month of owning the vehicle, the 4 way flasher switch burned out, eliminating my turn signals ($180). In the next 6 months, my washer fluid holding tank sprung a leak (it would cost $150 to replace), and the remote receiver went out for unlocking the doors remotely ($800). About 9 months into ownership the fuel pumps (that's right, there's 2) failed ($1700). In November of 2011 I crossed 100,000 miles so the timing belt had to be replaced ($1200). I also had a check engine light on which turned out to be a temp sensor ($325). It is now January of 2012. We got our first major snowfall of the year. On the way to work this morning, the ESP (electronic stability protection) went out, incapacitating the handling. I don't even want to know what that will cost. This car has been wonderful mechanically, but a disaster electronically. If you plan to buy this car, even the new ones, be CAREFUL! After this experience I will never buy an Audi again. P.S. All prices listed were at a qualified Audi Dealership. I had a tire changed once and another small item looked at on the car by local repair shops. Both times items were broken in my car afterward."

Best Driving Car so Far

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive-"

Cons: "Careful of repair costs"

"I bought this car used. It was Was carefully maintained with complete records. Make sure instrument panel was replaced- also replace timing chain water pump and tensionier. These tend to break due to plastic components. Amazing drive-love the AWD 225hp power. Great fit and finish-timeless looks. Fast, excellent Audi handling!"

Very cool and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, good mileage, very big "cool" factor"

Cons: "Costly to repair"

"I have loved this car. Great fun to drive. The trunk is far bigger than one would think. When the top is up it feels a little confining and there is a huge blind spot. When the top is down it is great. The car is expensive to repair and now that I have 70,000 miles, it starting to cost me. I commute in this car and I get 22 MPG in town and I can get 30 MPG on the highway. Its very comfortable for daily drive and on trips."

Not for a working person

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years, and have had to put over $7000 dollars in repairs and maintainance. If you actually work for a living (which I do) this vehicle is not for you. I have had multiple electrical problems, and everything that needs to be fixed is hundreds of dollars."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals