• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Audi SQ5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $49,007 - $50,318.

10/7.7

9.5

Based on 2 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

10.0/10

My best car ever; does many things extremely well

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Definitely fun to drive and practical for everyday"

Cons: "Not cheap, but compared to competitors, is good"

"Have owned one for 11 months and have not been disappointed. For an SUV, it handles well and is extremely quick. One can't fairly compare it with a car that sits 15-20" lower as that's a different deal. Mine has the 20" wheels which give it a smoother ride than the 21". The tires are also cheaper (about $300 each vs. about $500 each) and won't be apt to blow out as quick with the slightly taller sidewall (a 45 vs. a 40 profile); I mention this as few other reviews seem to pick up on the pros and cons of the two tire sizes and many say, go for the "cooler looking" set which would be the 21". The 20s don't look bad and a couple of serious reviews have agreed that they are the better choice in the long run (my Audi guy agreed as well). The engine and transmission are great and function very smoothly together. The paddle shifters are handy and can be used in any of the four driving modes. The larger brakes do their job well. The seat is well-balanced and the car is easy to get in and out of which is a plus for anyone with back issues. The B&O sound system, Sirius radio, Bluetooth and MMI Navigation all work well together and the car is incredibly smooth on the road. Frankly, legal highway speeds leave one with the impression that you're going too slow, but that is a "high class" problem to have. Good performance snow tires (like Pirelli Scorpions which I run, are worth considering in states with regular winter weather. Next, will we ever see an RSQ5?"

Great car

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "fast, agile, well built, comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "cost was high, repairs will be pricey,"

"I wanted a red Audi Q5 with a V6, the turbo 4 was really working hard on my favorite test hill, the Nissan Murano with a V6, and my 2002 A4, go right up with ease. I ended up with an SQ5, at least that is what it says, but it does not have the squared off steering wheel (I could care less), and I can't figure out which of the V6's it has - I will ask when I take it in to the dealership for its 5000 checkup. No dipstick. Lots of electronics. When they fail it will be really expensive to fix if my A4 is any predictor. But it is a joy to drive in any conditions, easy to park, not a lot of luggage room, but with a carrier on top, that is solved for vacations. The fit and finish are superb, no cosmetic or mechanical defects, the electronics are complex but not hard to master, the navigation system is very confused in Boston, but otherwise has been fine, not sure it is worth twice as much as the Murano, but it sure is worth more."