• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Audi S8

9.9

Based on 15 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

9.8/10

Absolutely Amazing Car

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "Drive one, you'll own one."

Cons: "No side assist available"

"There is an old saying, drive an Audi and you will never own anything else.I couldn't agree more. This vehicle is incredible. Power performance comfort, all without the in your face look at me type of styling. Timeless looks beautiful lines. Mine is ibis white, fully optioned other than the solar option.S mode should really be labelled Race mode as it is almost undriveable in S mode feeling more like a chained up beast trying to break free showing all of the power you would expect from the V10 and more. Build quality is top grade as expected."

Best used car ever! Power, comfort and style.

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "comfort, style, electronic toys, power & interior"

Cons: "Gas milage, can be jumpy of the line."

2007 Audi S8 Daytona Grey

"This may be the best used car ever! It is exlcusive and rare. There is nothing so smooth, with such seamless power everwhere from low RPM up to the 7000 redline. The interior is still so good it could be a brand new car (as most people that get into it think). Yes, there are faster big luxury sedans, but this one has no herky-jerky superchargers or turbos to ruin the driving experience. And the glorious sound of the V10 is unmatched. It starts with a low sexy growl at the low end and ends with primal roar at the top end - pure mechanical precision. This is a muscle car with adjustable suspension, adaptive headlights, headlight washers, heated front and rear seats, alcantera headliners, Bang and Olufsen sound system with pop up tweeters,the finest leather ever put into a car, satalite radio, power everything including auto door shut assist and truck. The transmission has stickshift triptronic or paddle shifters for two different ways to play as well as a standard automatic or sport automatic for more spirited driving without having to do any work. These sold new for $110k and you can pick up a low miles example in the $30's, it's like stealing. New cars today are just catching up to all the electronic gismos and power. I'd rather own this car than any new car near it in price. Case closed, best used car ever!"

2007 Audi S8 Daytona Grey

Like a perfect ride you can dream of

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Everything, and it does not draw attention at all."

Cons: "You cannot buy any other car after this!"

"It is so good, you miss it regardless of the other cars you drive. Everything you want in one nice package. Your four door, family size Lambo."

A lot of little things that make a big difference

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Does everything well. Lots of convenience features"

Cons: "Nav system is good, but not up to 2013 specs."

"Great all around car. The combination of sport, luxury and space is hard to beat. I was able to trade in my sport ute and still have plenty of room for a family of 4 with all the benefits of a sport sedan. I look forward to each drive....no matter how far. Little things add up big. Double pained side widows, self close doors, 4 zone hvac, storage compartments, easy reach audio buttons, intuative drive select system, adjustable suspension.... It all works together to give it the right feel."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

"Extremely fast comfortable and reliable. I have never heard a better sound system in any car. Very classic lines, a timeless beauty. Looks better than the new ones."

Fantastic stealthy and FAST!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Great value! Reliable beyond expectations, Safe!"

Cons: "Cup holders match no known cups in America -- lol!"

"I am the second owner and love everything about this car. It tracks superbly, proficient, powerful and predictable. Typical Audi high quality amenities adorn this car throughout. It truly makes other sedans pale in comparison."

A purring lion of a car!!!

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Fast and Fun"

Cons: "A fuel hog..."

"For the money, the Audi S8 is spectacular. The Lambourghini engine just purrs, then growls when you step on the gas and go from 60 to 120 on a highway. Of course, it all comes at a price - the car and its fuel! I'm getting about 12 mph, and it needs to be 91 or 93 octane. But well worth it if you can afford it!"

Truly the most fun car to drive, year-round, in MN

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cons: "A little pricey!"

"21" wheels for the summer, then 19" with snow treads combined with the Quattro, anti-lock brakes, and anti slip on acceleration - all that with a V10 power. Absolute most fun car to drive - summer or winter!!!"

best car i've ever owned

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "tremendous power in a full size all wheel drive super sedan"

Cons: "cup holders up front are pretty small"

"Simply the best car you can get. Especially up north where all wheel drive is great in the winter. Have had numerous other cars, 911 turbo, Nissan GTR, Audi S5 etc, this is by far the most comfortable and elegant car out there. The interior is unbelievable, and the power is terrific."

By on Friday, April 15, 2011

Incredible Mix of Sport & Luxury

By on Sunday, November 08, 2009

"I've owned this car "2009" S8 for a little under a year. I've owned several sports cars over the last 8 years and for a sport-luxury car, nothing can beat it in this price range. It's been totally reliable for the 12,000 miles on it so far. Get's around great in the snow and rain. I'm so impressed with Audi that I'm selling the Wife's Lexus and getting her an A6 Avant. I'm looking forward to the release of the new S8 in 2011 or 2012."

Best Car!

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"To enjoy this car at its fullest I took advantage of the European delivery program. I got my car mid December 2007. I would seriously recommend this car and the experience to everyone. There was snow and rain in the autobahn, however the car handled extremely well at very high speeds; my wife and I were breathless. We were driving at 170 to 200 KM/hr and had no problem. The car wanted more, but my brain didn’t let me do it. Driving during dry weather was more amazing; even at 230 KM/hr or more the car had so much power to keep passing and accelerating and it felt effortless to turn, accelerate or break. I had a 2001 BMW M5 and a 2003 M3 and they were amazing, but this car is even better. The feeling is very light and responsive unlike anything I felt before. By far the most fun car I ever had. Outside the looks are very nice and inside there is luxury in every detail; the leather upgrade is very nice, the B&O sound system sounds really good, but I don’t think is worth the $6,800k. The interior design and instruments are very high class. I know everyone complains about the iDrive, but I personally think that AUDI’s MMI is harder to use and requires several more steps to do the same thing. I guess is a matter of taste, but I liked my 2005 745’s iDrive better. I had many BMW cars before and this is my first AUDI and one thing I have to say is that this car has more features than any BMW and they actually work unlike all the BMW cars I owned that had problems since they were new. So far so good anyway since it’s only 3 months old. My first AUDI experience has been the best ever. The best word to describe this car is: "WOW!""

Great Car with a Rattle

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"When I test drove a new 07 S8 it had a slight rattle in the console. I mentioned it to the salesman with me and he said he could also hear it. We were equally surprised to hear it in a car of this caliber with less than 100 miles on it. Three weeks ago I took delivery of my 08 S8 that I ordered that day. Whithin two blocks of the dealership I noticed the same rattle in my new car. Bummer. Other than the rattle its a great car: fast, fun to drive, and it gets lots of looks. Turn up the B&O and I can't hear the rattle. Its the best factory system I have ever heard. The heated wheel option gets you a much better looking 4 spoke wheel and the leather upgrade package while expensive looks great. Unlike my 02 S8 the abilty to raise the ride height of the car with the airbags makes scaping the nose a thing of the past. The car has me looking for a longer route to work."

Great Car, Infurating MMI

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Fantastic Car... Great handling, styling and quality. The MMI controls will drive you insane. The simplest function becomes very complex. Turning on the heated seats, Solar Shade etc etc. The Navigation system - thought was broken.. Numerious major addresses in Major Cities could not be found. Turns out for 2008 you don't enter the city, but the county of location... That is insane, Florida has like 50 counties... No idea, where one starts and stops."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"More luxurious than my previous Range Rover Supercharged HSE and much peppier! Have had MMI fail one time so far but otherwise the vehicle has been quite reliable. Very comfortable ride. Audi has taken good care in engineering a throaty but non-offensive exhaust system that can be heard in the cabin only at high revs. Despite the KBB opinion, the S8 is quite the headturner compared to the A8. Would love to drive the W12. Keep up the good work Audi!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi S8 near Honolulu. See local deals