• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2001 Audi S8

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Feels like a Learjet, Yes I flew one.

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Fast, elegant, and very understated"

Cons: "So low the front bumper can catch when you park"

"Easily the best car I have ever owned. The S8 is lower, has larger wheels, Brembo brakes, a more powerful engine and a different transmission than the A8. It is fast, comfortable and elegant. Bose sound is awesome, the interior is much nicer (leather on Recaro seats is far sturdier and the ballistic nylon headliner does not drop, and the Alcantara side panels stay wear free) and holds up way better than a comparable A8. I have had an Audi 5000, a V8 Quattro and an A8. I currently own an Allroad and the S8. They only made 500 of them and I have one with the solar sunroof that cools the car and charges the battery. Even though I have close to 200,000 miles on my S8, so far the only car I would consider trading it for is a Tesla Model S. Unfortunately I am not a fan of our Allroad. It has been very unreliable and is known in the family as a beautiful lemon."

Awesome value! No Regrets.

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Used value, performance, interior, sounds!"

Cons: "Turning radius, gas mileage"

"Bought from original owner 5 years ago had 95K miles but seemed perfect (and was!). Now has 160K on it. Absolutely fabulous experience. PO had put in MTM chip so it has no speed limiter--haven't tested it but feel 175-180 is doable. I had a rare '91 Audi V8 Quattro which I Ioved before--this car is MUCH faster, handles much better, is far roomier (rear pax can cross their legs behind me--I'm 6ft 1in), it actually gets better gas mileage (22 on highway, ~17 overall), and is rarer (only 300 '03's sold in US). I paid $15.7K on eBay for it when it was 4 years old--best deal ever! Caution: ZF transmissions are wonderful but reliably last only 150K--mine cost $2800 to rebuild with warrantee. Engines/interior seem to last forever. This one uses about 1 qt every 10K (when I change the synthetic). No other mechanical issues. Never had a car with more "smiles per mile"."

the S8 is the best vehicle ever.

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Cons: "the only con is the low ground clearance"

"it is completely reliable. the handling is still fantastic. there's plenty of room for people. it's quiet. there's a large trunk with ski rack. I love the sun visors, heated seats, cd changer. the car doesn't rust and the all wheel drive tops off the long list of likes and makes it an all around best vehicle ever."

Great Sedan

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Power, All Wheel Drive"

Cons: "Really no place to put your drink, spills easily."

"Can't go wrong with the quality of Audi and the Quattro system. 380 HP and all-wheel drive! This was the only S8 for sale in the state of Colorado when I bought it."

One of the ultimate highway cars.

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Excellent power and handling, reliable, quite comfortable, one of the ultimate highway cars."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi S8 near Honolulu. See local deals