• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 Audi S5

9.6

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Pretty good car, fun to drive

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Understated appearance, great interior"

Cons: "Transmission too short for this engine"

"First off I want to mention that I am very picky about my cars. Besides the S5 I also own a 997 and A8. The S5 is somewhere in the middle of my 997 and A8. The engine has lots of torque, but it is sluggish above 5000RPM. Coupled with the extremely short S5 transmission it makes for a short burst of acceleration followed by a gear change. A transmission this short requires an engine that delivers power at high RPM, like my 997. The engine revs 3000RPM in 6. gear at 70MPH. That is too high for a V8 that does not like to rev high... . Suspension is nicely firm and brakes are sufficiently sized. You can really throw the car around curves nicely. Quattro is Quattro and needs to comment here. Interior is very nice and of typical Audi quality. The sunroof is completely worthless, noisy and flimsy. It is good for letting some daylight in, but you can't really open it due to noise. Doors and trunk lid feel light and cheap due to weight reduction efforts by Audi. Seats, stereo, steering wheel are of great quality. Exhaust sound is deep and throaty. Transmission is clunky with very long throws, shifter is out of place and too far away, clutch is very heavy, steering is great. I still love this car with all it's imperfections. It is a good challenge trying to master it's mismatched engine-transmission-clutch combination."

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "No voice activated system"

"One issue that I was not happy with is that the S5 convertible doesn't have a voice activated phone or command system where the hardtop does. For whatever reason Audi doesn't install it in the convertible is beyond me. Other manufactures install it in there convertibles. After all the top is not down all the time"

Great drivers car

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "Great driver"

"I have owned this car now for 4 months. It is a Prestige model.Driving the Audi S5 is absolute fun for cornering like it is on rails. The more you drive this car the more you enjoy driving. Car gets lots of attention wherever I am even at Gas Station. The fit and finish is fantastic and very tight. B and O sound is great and the v8 engine is strong and actually gets pretty decent mileage for a car of this caliber."

A very well built car. Fun to drive.

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Great in the snow and Ice"

Cons: "No cons."

"the car is actually remarkable in the snow and ice. It is a fun car to drive and is strong enough to be an everyday drive car. I would recommend to a friend who wants a sports car that can go in the snow and ice and has some room in the back for your kids."

Own the Convertible Version-Excellent

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Excellent all around vehicle"

Cons: "Expensive, but worth it. 9/10 for value."

"Bought this vehicle after looking at other convertibles and trading a Honda S2000. Wanted the power of the Honda, but needed some practicality. Where else can you get a convertible with AWD, seating for the wife and kids, a usable trunk, and can autocross on the weekends? Use it all the time, even driving through winters in Ohio, just need to put on winter tires."

awesome sports coupe

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, power, handling"

Cons: "rear seat comfort"

"Fantastic build quality, very fast supercharged motor, handling 4 wheel drive is great! Elegant yet simple styling and lines on the car, large useful trunk. MPG better than expected, 22 in mixed driving. B & O sound system a must! Highly recommended."

Beautiful design-exciting to drive

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"I own a 2011 S5 Cab - premium plus with the MMI DVD/ nav pkg which includes a rear camera and parking sensors and the the comfort pkg which includes ventilated seats and what Mercedes calls air scarf which blows warm air on your neck which is nice in cool weather with the top down. I agree with most of the comments but I do want to point out a few cons that have not been mentioned. This is a car that lists for 63k and does not have specific features that u think would be standard ...so be careful when buying a used one. For example, no memory on even the driver seat and auto dimming is not included on the side mirrors nor does the passenger mirror dip when in reverse, a nice feature when parking. A USB connection would be appreciated and it's hard to eliminate the brake squeal when braking at low speeds. I believe some of the "cons" have been addressed in the latest models but it's still surprising that in a car at this price point they are not included as standard features. Ps....only the Germans have not found a way to control the brake dust!"

Second S5--LOVE this car!!!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Engine, Interior, Power"

Cons: "Needs more interactive (Pandora music, etc)"

"I owned a 2013 S5, and made the mistake of trading on another car (Tesla--horrible car). I LOVE my 2014 S5--the black optic package is so good looking. I have owned many $100K plus cars--Porsche, etc, and just cannot get enough of this S5. For the price and performance it CANNOT be beat. Amazing engine, interior, torque, maps, design, etc. Glad my new S5 is in my garage!"

Like no other car!

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pros: "Absolute joy to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"Traded in 2007 Civic SI (daily driver) and 2008 Corvette convertible (weekend fun) for my 2012 S5. WOW! This car is amazing in every way. The B and O sound system is the best I've heard in a car. Lots of looks and great comments from strangers. I always start the car with the door open to hear the amazing V8 fire up! It's crazy but my neighbor commented he liked the exhaust note of my S5 over the Vette! You will LOVE THIS CAR!"

S5 Cab - Mid Life Crisis Completed

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "looks, sporty, fast, sick with top down..."

Cons: "you get what you pay for....pricey"

"I just purchased this 2013 S5 Cab in black. It's incredible and loving every minute. The acceleration is unreal and the exterior look is incredible. Sexiest car ever. Worth every cent."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi S5 near Honolulu. See local deals