• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Audi S5

9.7

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

9.9/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10

Very happy purchase

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Umm, everything"

Cons: "Nothing yet"

"I just purchased this vehicle after driving a Cayman for the last 3 years. Now, the Porsche is more of a driving machine, but the S5 isn't half bad either. What I love about my S5 is not only the styling but the luxury appointments, fit, finish and tech stuff on the inside. If you want a car that is half sport car/half luxury this equals the perfect fit."

Love this car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Quality materials; attention to detail; tech"

Cons: "pricey with the options you need"

"I've only had my 2013 S5 a few days but I simply love it. Great acceleration, especially in Dynamic mode, and the attention to detail in the interior is amazing. The new look for 2013 is an improvement I believe and the many compliments I've already received seem to back that up. I was a little sceptical about the change from a V-8 to the supercharged 6, but I think it's a definite improvement in everyday driving fun since there's more torque available at lower rpms. Love the MMI Navigation with Google Earth sim card feature. I was really looking at certified Jag XKRs and 911s, but really happy with my choice. Sexy beast."

4th Audi - Capo di tutti capo

By on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Pros: "Sheer beauty; grabs the road; control"

Cons: "Hwy mileage is good (28 or so); local,well . . . ."

"I've had my S5 for nearly three years. People still stop me in the street, wave, give me thumbs up; I mean literally, not figuratively. I bought it because of prior experience with Audi (three A6; two of them 4.2 litre) and because it was the most gorgeous car I'd ever seen. It is great to drive for all of the reasons others have mentioned, but for what is essentially a roadster it's also remarkably comfortable even on an eight hour drive and has loads of storage space. With the exception of adaptive cruise control it has every option known to Audi; I mention this because while the car handles beautifully in normal driving mode, when you shift to sport mode the earth moves: steering tightens, gearing changes, suspension moves to F-1. In short, the thing becomes a changed being even if you don't touch the accelerator; it feels just marvelous. My only regret is that I couldn't have had it in Germany back when there really were virtually no speed limits on the Autobahn."

Want to know what it feels like to ride a lion

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Looks, sound, ride"

Cons: "still waiting to find one.......maybe the sunroof"

"Push the button to start, and the lion comes to life....literally....that's what the exhaust sounds like. The exterior is exquisite, the interior impeccable, and the ride remarkable. This lion is perfectly tamed and will do exactly what you want it to with cat-like precision (sorry Jaguar). Want to go fast? Sure. Want to just cruise? Sure. Want to just listen to the growl? Ok. I don't want to sound pretentious, but when you drive this car, you feel like "somebody"....for lack of a better term. It's how you SHOULD feel when you drive a care of this caliber. Do yourself a favor and buy it. If you can't afford it now, start saving for later. Really, when's the next time you're going to get a chance to ride Simba?"

Super Sports Car

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great interior, turns heads"

Cons: "Yeah, so gas mileage, but what do you expect?"

"I love this car. Granted it is not going to hang power wise with a Corvette or a AMG Mercedes or maybe even a M3 BMW, but the driving comfort in this car is superior to all. After owning it for 2 years it still turns heads and gets an occasional inqiry from others as to how I like it and remarks about how good it looks. Plus you can drive it in winter easily with snow tires and it leaves others behind. Oh and I absolutely love the exhaust rumble and this is the first time I ever had a car that people made mention of that feature specifically..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi S5 near Honolulu. See local deals