• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Audi S4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $48,033 - $49,250.

10/7.5

9.5

Based on 28 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

I love it.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Blast to drive. Quarto provides excellent control."

Cons: "Easy to damage wheels."

"I replaced my manual A4. I love this car. Do not... Do not keep the summer performance tires on during cold, snowy weather. With the Pirelli winter tires the can handles like it's on dry roads. The manual is probably not as fast as the auto, but I go out of my way to find excuses to go for drives."

Smooth Rocket Ship

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Fast, sexy, easy on the gas"

Cons: "Media controls are counter intuitive."

"The 2013 Audi S4 is an exceptional vehicle. It has 333 hp, Quattro all wheel drive, a quiet interior, and can't be beat off the line in sport mode. It also gets great gas mileage. I average 23 mpg for combined highway/city driving."

Its Always in the shop

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "only 4 yrs old and its constant in the shop"

"Audi A4 2010 - 40k mi I love driving my car and the look and feel of it, but that is where it ends. I wish I had never bought it. Its in the shop at least once every six months and they have to fix several things every time its in. So Far:Excessive oil consumption, replace Water Pump, Hood sensor, dead battery, blown fuses, windshield defects, valve leaks and much more. If you have plenty of time to waste taking it to the shop, its a great car for you!"

I own an Audi S4 2012

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Impressive handling, steering, acceleration. sweet"

Cons: "Audi dealer said it doesn't come with track time.."

"I love this car. I love it more after I had Audi put a Stasis chip in. It increased the 333hp to 410hp. This car gets up and moves. I was more impressed when mileage increased on long trips. That is as long as you keep your foot out of it. Couple weeks ago had the opportunity to drive at Fontana Raceway compliments of AUDI. I got to drive all the 2014 models on autocross and track. It wasn't until I got in the 2014 R8 @525hp that I came alive. At 140mph and coming into a turn I tapped the brakes it automatically down shifted one gear. Unreal, at that point in the apex of the turn I nailed it. That sucker just got up and screamed away. With the Quattro 4w/d and the S-tronic. VERY VERY impressive. I've raced all my life and this was the most impressive car I've ever driven."

Disappointed to switch from an A4 to the S4

By on Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Reason: mileage, comfort, steering, quality

Pros: "Great acceleration, aggressive look"

Cons: "Poor mileage, steering, comfort"

"I had a 2010 A4 for three years and absolutely loved it. I don't think you can get a better mix of value, luxury and performance in the luxury entry level. I ordered a manual, 2013 S4 to get more performance, and had to wait three months for it. What a dissappointment!!! First of all, the original B8 was beautiful. The new LEDs are overdone, close to ugly. The front chairs are excellent for short rides, but they are tight and very uncomfortable after 20 minutes. The chairs are also much thicker than in A4, so it takes away from an already tight back seat space. The steering is unnatural. I could not drive straight. The electrical steering motor was jumping from left to right, nothing in the middle. Constantly adjusting. The mileage was 19MPG, rarely 20MPG, even on a light foot. I felt betrayed to splash $20k extra for an A4 with a V6. So I betrayed Audi and switched to a BMW 535i and what a difference in quality. And mileage is at 26.5 MPG. And now I can fit my kids in the back without being kicked. The S4 is perfect for a young person only looking for really good perfomance. But one should strongly consider the A4 and get a engine tune."