2013 Audi S4

9.5

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

best vehicle ever. only 13,000 miles in 30 months.

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "best car ever. hot car. comfortable in all seats"

"The hottest and most comfortable car I ever drove. My wife and passengers in rear seat love it. I have owned all the luxury cars and I pick this one. I am a products liability lawyer, and I have been the attorney for VW, Audi, Fiat and Ferrari. This car performs well in the city and highway."

Very reliable, handles great, fast, quiet

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Great everyday sporty driver's car"

Cons: "chrome exhaust tips hard to keep clean"

"Very reliable every day drivers car, haven't had to do anything except take it in for routine/scheduled maintenance. It is comfortable, even on long trips, fast, handles sharp & tight. The suspension is very firm but not harsh. Overall a great car"

Great performing car, fun to drive.

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun, good styling, fun to drive."

Cons: "add-ons are pricey , scan rear leg room"

"This is the perfect combination of a daily driver that you can jump on and ejoy all of the performance of a true sports car. The sports suspension options are a complete necessity. Has a lot of torque at all RPMs- does not have the peaky response of some supercharged/turbocharged vehicles. Corners like a dream. Nicely styled, conservative interior. Major complaint is rear leg room. I never drive in the rear seats so who cares."

Nimble, reliable, quick and pampered

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Performance, Refinement"

Cons: "No deal breakers"

"After 5 months of driving and 10K miles, not a single regret... Reasons to Buy: (many reasons but i'll stick to the top) Performance - The Quattro AWD system puts the incredible power of this vehicle to the ground instantly and without hesitation. You feel glued to the road in all conditions and I've driven it over many mountain passes. Through snow, ice, sleet, rain the Quattro AWD with sport differential never misses a beat! The engine/transmission is amazing, many complain that the exhaust doesn't make the grunt that it should. I disagree, the engine in this car is a "sleeper" and it's supposed to be. It is refined and tame in every way (in comfort and Auto modes) unless you ask it to be otherwise... In which case (in Dynamic mode) it can become an unhinged animal leaving you trying to figure out where everyone went, just glance at the rearview mirror for the answer. The power is instant and it snaps! Keep the animal tamed for the best fuel economy, I'm averaging around 23-24 Hwy/City together. The steering is ample but does have the typical synthetic feel of EAS, the drive select system does seem to curb this feel in Dynamic mode but you can still feel the presence. It stays very tidy in corners, I've never felt it understeer but have experienced over steer in corners under heavy acceleration; in any case this is only momentary as the onboard systems quickly right the situation with or without your input. Refinement - You simply cannot beat the trim and fit of a German engineered car. The interior is nothing short of stunning, the details are important and they are not overlooked. The front seats are sporty, they cradle you and the back seats are no longer a "joke". The back seats can actually fit two adults in reasonable comfort. Controls make sense and are well placed. The exterior is sporty looking with amazing lines, combined with the 19in rims this vehicle looks best in class for performance luxury. Fun Factor - While it always depends on what you are looking for, the "fun factor" ranks high for me. If I'm going to be paying for it for years to come, it had better be fun, period. This car is an absolute joy to drive and fits in wherever I find myself. My commuter car during the week to my mountain express on the weekends."

Love this thang

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "I didn't get it sooner"

"I bought this car about 7 months ago. Since about 500 miles it has been built to be stage 2 and is making about 400 horsepower to the wheels. It has a perfect blend of performance, comfort, flash and refinement."

Car to love - Sport and comfort

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Drive Control, Entertainment System, Looks"

Cons: "Misses Rear Entertainment screen"

"I love my 2014 Audi S4, my wife gifted it to me. The car completes the drive pleasure and amazing fun while cruising within the city or zip on highways. The acceleration is amazing and the engine sound compliments it, the ride is very smooth and stable, braking is precised and totally love the sport steering wheel. I like the interior and exterior very much and the car is a beauty to watch. Overall the car I always wanted and me and my wife are totally crazy about it."

Great car fun to drive lots of power

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Great car Fun to drive"

I love it.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Blast to drive. Quarto provides excellent control."

Cons: "Easy to damage wheels."

"I replaced my manual A4. I love this car. Do not... Do not keep the summer performance tires on during cold, snowy weather. With the Pirelli winter tires the can handles like it's on dry roads. The manual is probably not as fast as the auto, but I go out of my way to find excuses to go for drives."

Smooth Rocket Ship

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Fast, sexy, easy on the gas"

Cons: "Media controls are counter intuitive."

"The 2013 Audi S4 is an exceptional vehicle. It has 333 hp, Quattro all wheel drive, a quiet interior, and can't be beat off the line in sport mode. It also gets great gas mileage. I average 23 mpg for combined highway/city driving."

Its Always in the shop

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "only 4 yrs old and its constant in the shop"

"Audi A4 2010 - 40k mi I love driving my car and the look and feel of it, but that is where it ends. I wish I had never bought it. Its in the shop at least once every six months and they have to fix several things every time its in. So Far:Excessive oil consumption, replace Water Pump, Hood sensor, dead battery, blown fuses, windshield defects, valve leaks and much more. If you have plenty of time to waste taking it to the shop, its a great car for you!"

I own an Audi S4 2012

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Impressive handling, steering, acceleration. sweet"

Cons: "Audi dealer said it doesn't come with track time.."

"I love this car. I love it more after I had Audi put a Stasis chip in. It increased the 333hp to 410hp. This car gets up and moves. I was more impressed when mileage increased on long trips. That is as long as you keep your foot out of it. Couple weeks ago had the opportunity to drive at Fontana Raceway compliments of AUDI. I got to drive all the 2014 models on autocross and track. It wasn't until I got in the 2014 R8 @525hp that I came alive. At 140mph and coming into a turn I tapped the brakes it automatically down shifted one gear. Unreal, at that point in the apex of the turn I nailed it. That sucker just got up and screamed away. With the Quattro 4w/d and the S-tronic. VERY VERY impressive. I've raced all my life and this was the most impressive car I've ever driven."

Disappointed to switch from an A4 to the S4

By on Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Reason: mileage, comfort, steering, quality

Pros: "Great acceleration, aggressive look"

Cons: "Poor mileage, steering, comfort"

"I had a 2010 A4 for three years and absolutely loved it. I don't think you can get a better mix of value, luxury and performance in the luxury entry level. I ordered a manual, 2013 S4 to get more performance, and had to wait three months for it. What a dissappointment!!! First of all, the original B8 was beautiful. The new LEDs are overdone, close to ugly. The front chairs are excellent for short rides, but they are tight and very uncomfortable after 20 minutes. The chairs are also much thicker than in A4, so it takes away from an already tight back seat space. The steering is unnatural. I could not drive straight. The electrical steering motor was jumping from left to right, nothing in the middle. Constantly adjusting. The mileage was 19MPG, rarely 20MPG, even on a light foot. I felt betrayed to splash $20k extra for an A4 with a V6. So I betrayed Audi and switched to a BMW 535i and what a difference in quality. And mileage is at 26.5 MPG. And now I can fit my kids in the back without being kicked. The S4 is perfect for a young person only looking for really good perfomance. But one should strongly consider the A4 and get a engine tune."

A SLEEPING BEAST !!!!

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "all of it"

"By far one of the best car i have ever driven in its class. The supercharger does the job and more. Whishes that the exhaust was a bit more racy, but really small detail. I am having lots of fun with it and getting ready to take it to our local race track...."

Best All Around Sport Sedan Ever!!!

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Reliable, All season Family car, MPG"

"I have owned this car for 3 years and it has been very reliable. Only problem was water pump that was replaced in the first year on a recall. Audi has now extended the warranty on the engine and drive train to 100K miles. Car is a blast to drive, as quick as a 911 with room for 4 adults. If you have kids and want a sports car that you can drive year round (in snow) then this is the car for you. I love the black and red leather seats, Prestige Package and keyless entry. I have no complaints with this car and would buy another."

If you appreciate cars, you'll LOVE this one!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Outstanding sports sedan, for the whole family"

Cons: "Really can't think of any that are significant"

"There simply aren't enough superlatives to describe this vehicle - by far the most awesome car I've owned yet. The power and acceleration, the handling, the technology, and, the silly grin it puts on your face -- if you're a Car Guy/Gal, you'll understand what I mean. Don't buy this car if you are just a point-A to point-B driver (i.e., if you just want transportation - basic, cheap and reliable). However, if you are the type who enjoys the ride along the way – and if you appreciate quality, you'll be completely satisfied, enamored and impressed by this unique and ever-so-capable sports sedan. I bought my '10 certified pre-owned S4 exactly one year ago today and I have not been disappointed. It has been very reliable, it's very intuitive and user-friendly, and the AWD system gives you total driving confidence. My Imola Yellow exterior also gets regular compliments and stares. The sport-tuned suspension is on the firm side but after you initially adjust to it, it's completely comfortable - on both short and long drives. Though I'd like a little more rumble in my exhaust note (and I may still obtain that with after-market parts), this super-charged V6 really does everything I can imagine needing. Well-done, Audi!"

Two year update

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Very fast, MMI controls, comfortable, gorgeous"

Cons: "ummmmmmm"

"I have enjoyed my S4 for two full years now and feel as though I know it well. The engine is absolutely a gem. It is a shame that Washington is rendering V6 and V8 engines obsolete, being replaced with turbo fours. There will never be a four cylinder engine that feel and sounds as good as this supercharged V6. I have the 6sp manual but sometimes regret not having the slick DSG 7 speed auto. The stick is fine but offers no performance advantage over the twin clutch automatic. The interior looks like new and is solid as a bank vault. Seats are comfortable but rear leg room is not generous. I use winter tires through Buffalo winters and with them, the car is awesome in the snow. I have gotten so use to the MMI controls (single knob that controls audio etc.) that I miss it when driving any other car. The Bang and Olufson stereo blows any system I have heard away. The car won't disappoint for those looking for a fast, great looking, comfortable all season alternative."

10 reasons why a B8 S4 is the perfect fit for me

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

"Before shopping for a new car in July 2011 I wrote down the following ideal specs. Only one car met them all: the 2012 Audi S4 Prestige... Which is now parked in the garage 1: Speed - 0-60 under 5 seconds 2: Quattro - Safe in snow storms with 4 inches of loose snow and ice on the ground 3: Control - Manual transmission (never owned an automatic) 4: Cargo - Need 4 doors (kids) and carry 2 adult hockey players with gear bags 5: TechHead - Loaded with features (keyless, nav, rear camera, premium sound, HDD, etc.) 6: Commute - 22 MPG confirmed combined average as an aggressive driver 7: Quality - Would LOVE to buy American cars, but just can't. 8: Prestige - Highschool/college days are behind, cars don't need wings as spoilers! 9: Price - Under $60K, can't drop $100 K on a car yet 10: Unique - I see another S4 every other month at most. If this is your spec list as well then the S4 is your car. Get one!"

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Great combination of sports performance and practi"

Cons: "No heated steering wheel heated seats have weak he"

"Very good car"

Phantom Black - Titanium

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Acceleration, Handling, All Wheel Drive, Looks"

Cons: "Not amazing on gas, gets about 20mpg"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. From the handling to the acceleration, to the fact that it can be driven through any weather, this is the perfect car!!! Thank you Audi!"

One of the best all around cars

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Does pretty much everything well"

Cons: "Lifeless steering, too subdued, expensive"

"This is my 4th Audi. I bought the S4 to replace my A5. This car is a safety oriented German tank to take my son to daycare in, then I can take it to the track and beat several Porsches in the afternoon. It gets a combined MPG of about 21. My particular car is the prestige edition with navigation and Bang and Olufsen audio. While some may miss the V8 "burble" of S4's past, the supercharged V6 is quicker and seriously efficient. I drive a 50 mile commute each day and this really adds up. I'd recommend installing a different intake to actually hear the supercharger though. Many critics of the car have taken issue with the Drive Select feature. In "comfort" mode, the steering is artificially light, and in the other modes it provides relatively little feedback as compared to other cars of this performance level. I agree. In the drivetrain, 7 speed dual clutch gearbox shifts quickly enough, and the sport rear diff which has basically cured the typical Audi understeer. If you track it, you'll wish the brakes were just a bit bigger and grabbier and that there was a bit less body roll in hard turns. If you're looking for a pure, visceral experience, this is not the car for you. But, if you're an enthusiast looking for a realistic daily driver, packed with technology, and that can still hold its own on a track day, look no further. Buy the S4."

Best 4D Sedan

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"If you compare this to any other Sedan in its class the S4 delivers everything you want. The car is complete masterpiece of German engineering."

best ever

By on Sunday, April 10, 2011

"best car on the road"

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

=)

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"Great looks... Great value.... 333 BHP and quattro.... What a car!!!"

2010 Audi S4

By on Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Purchased new in April 2010. Car is smooth and stable. I have a manual transmission and it does not mind being in 5th or even 6th gear around town. The supercharger adds a good deal of punch for passing and it is a nice comfortable car for long rides. I am seeing about 21mpg, but I know I could do better if I didn't enjoy spirited driving so much. It is fairly inconspicuous and I am looking forward to having the four wheel drive this winter."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi S4 near Honolulu. See local deals