2009 Audi S4

9.5

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

10 reasons why a B8 S4 is the perfect fit for me

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

"Before shopping for a new car in July 2011 I wrote down the following ideal specs. Only one car met them all: the 2012 Audi S4 Prestige... Which is now parked in the garage 1: Speed - 0-60 under 5 seconds 2: Quattro - Safe in snow storms with 4 inches of loose snow and ice on the ground 3: Control - Manual transmission (never owned an automatic) 4: Cargo - Need 4 doors (kids) and carry 2 adult hockey players with gear bags 5: TechHead - Loaded with features (keyless, nav, rear camera, premium sound, HDD, etc.) 6: Commute - 22 MPG confirmed combined average as an aggressive driver 7: Quality - Would LOVE to buy American cars, but just can't. 8: Prestige - Highschool/college days are behind, cars don't need wings as spoilers! 9: Price - Under $60K, can't drop $100 K on a car yet 10: Unique - I see another S4 every other month at most. If this is your spec list as well then the S4 is your car. Get one!"

One of the best all around cars

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Does pretty much everything well"

Cons: "Lifeless steering, too subdued, expensive"

"This is my 4th Audi. I bought the S4 to replace my A5. This car is a safety oriented German tank to take my son to daycare in, then I can take it to the track and beat several Porsches in the afternoon. It gets a combined MPG of about 21. My particular car is the prestige edition with navigation and Bang and Olufsen audio. While some may miss the V8 "burble" of S4's past, the supercharged V6 is quicker and seriously efficient. I drive a 50 mile commute each day and this really adds up. I'd recommend installing a different intake to actually hear the supercharger though. Many critics of the car have taken issue with the Drive Select feature. In "comfort" mode, the steering is artificially light, and in the other modes it provides relatively little feedback as compared to other cars of this performance level. I agree. In the drivetrain, 7 speed dual clutch gearbox shifts quickly enough, and the sport rear diff which has basically cured the typical Audi understeer. If you track it, you'll wish the brakes were just a bit bigger and grabbier and that there was a bit less body roll in hard turns. If you're looking for a pure, visceral experience, this is not the car for you. But, if you're an enthusiast looking for a realistic daily driver, packed with technology, and that can still hold its own on a track day, look no further. Buy the S4."

If you appreciate cars, you'll LOVE this one!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Outstanding sports sedan, for the whole family"

Cons: "Really can't think of any that are significant"

"There simply aren't enough superlatives to describe this vehicle - by far the most awesome car I've owned yet. The power and acceleration, the handling, the technology, and, the silly grin it puts on your face -- if you're a Car Guy/Gal, you'll understand what I mean. Don't buy this car if you are just a point-A to point-B driver (i.e., if you just want transportation - basic, cheap and reliable). However, if you are the type who enjoys the ride along the way – and if you appreciate quality, you'll be completely satisfied, enamored and impressed by this unique and ever-so-capable sports sedan. I bought my '10 certified pre-owned S4 exactly one year ago today and I have not been disappointed. It has been very reliable, it's very intuitive and user-friendly, and the AWD system gives you total driving confidence. My Imola Yellow exterior also gets regular compliments and stares. The sport-tuned suspension is on the firm side but after you initially adjust to it, it's completely comfortable - on both short and long drives. Though I'd like a little more rumble in my exhaust note (and I may still obtain that with after-market parts), this super-charged V6 really does everything I can imagine needing. Well-done, Audi!"

Phantom Black - Titanium

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Acceleration, Handling, All Wheel Drive, Looks"

Cons: "Not amazing on gas, gets about 20mpg"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. From the handling to the acceleration, to the fact that it can be driven through any weather, this is the perfect car!!! Thank you Audi!"

Love at first drive!

By on Saturday, March 06, 2010

"I test-drove the G37, C350, GS350, TL, 335xi and the S4. I could not get the Audi out of my head. I owned a 2007 CTSV and wanted performance with AWD (Wisconsin Winter) I ended ordering the 2010 S4 in red, prestige package, Audi drive select, Driver assist, Red & Black Nappa leather and dark birch wood trim, This car is flawless. It has awesome power and fantastic comfort and handles like it is on rails. I LOVE THIS CAR!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi S4 near Honolulu. See local deals