2014 Audi R8 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $125,284 - $127,815.

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Dream car. great exotic for the money

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, performance, styling, and comfort"

Cons: "wind buffeting with windows down, limited storage"

"Italian styling with German engineering. This is an exotic car with super great performance and extremely confortable to drive. Not much lugage room and some wind buffeting with windows down. Otherwise, a great supercar that will satisfy your ever need. Dave"

Great bang for the buck.

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"So, with a space frame and an engine derived from the Lamborghini Gallardo, for a fraction of the price this car is a great buy for someone who enjoys the best car for the best price. The styling to me is honestly a lot better than the Gallardo, this car has superb styling that seems to of been brought from the future. I just wish it had a more luxurious interior, the navigation system wasn't very well designed, as opposed to the BMW iDrive system, and the air conditioning styling can be found in the BMW e36 90's 3 series. I believe that the price can accommodate some nicer ergonomics and styling on the interior, the nappa leather is a must. Over all, this car is a great buy. I would recommend it for anyone who wants a great handling car, both at the track, and every day to work and back."

Fantastic driving enjoyment and ownership vs. 911

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "The best all round super car"

Cons: "Limited ground clearance and thirsty"

My new garage queen

"Switched to R8 V8 after 18 years with various 911's. The mid engine layout spelt fantastic handling characteristics and tactile almost "alive" dynamics. The built quality is unbelievable and made me regret not switching to R8 earlier. Took it to my favorite mountain roads and the power delivery, dynamic experience, the rumble of V8 and instantaneous throttle response were magical. I have mine in Phantom Black with black side blades and I smile every time I drive the car, thence when others are ogling it and again when I step out to admire the exquisite curvy exterior, and thought how lucky I am. The only glitch is the fuel consumption, at 20 mpg for moderate driving and around 16 mpg enthusiastic driving, take getting use to."

My new garage queen

Heck yeah!

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"this is the most amazing and affordable super car on the market! I test drove the V10 5.2 quattro and nearly lost myself in the sheer awesomeness of this car! I felt like I could beat anything the world threw at me!"

A great car until you reach 45,000 miles

By on Thursday, July 02, 2015

Pros: "Great driving car, extremely comfortable for tall"

Cons: "Warranty ends at 40,000 for a reason."

"This car was an ideal purchase until it reached 45,000 miles. At 45,000 I had to have the pistons cleaned for the second time for gunk build up that Audi paid for. It occurred again at 65,000 miles.Driver's seat comes apart at the seam at 42,000. I weigh 187 lbs. ($1500 to re-stitch). I had to replace the intake manifold at 65,000, seals were worn away ($1000) the plastic coolant reservoir ($800) plastic failed, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System keeps giving me System Failure Warning lights for 30 seconds or less repeatedly (dealer can't fix despite 3 visits. The Audi Concierge service for R-8's in Michigan forced the dealerships to clean the engine build up every time, however, they would do nothing for a reservoir tank rupture at the seam, nor an intake manifold failure at 65,000. Brake rotor cracked at 53,500, pads were in good condition. (Audi suggested a "stone" did it. Complete brake job with new rotor was over $8,000!Do not buy the 8 cylinder version (it's discontinued for a reason!!) A shop queen after 45,000 miles."