2012 Audi Q7

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

This is a great vehicle... reliable !

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Reliable - a absolute tank in the snow..."

"I can n ot say enough good things about the Q7... I have a 2007 with 98K and am extremely pleased with not only the auto itself but the service department that supports customers (if required, which is not often). I will purchased another soon...keeping this one for my kids - safe and reliable!"

Sooooo NICE

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I've had a .2 Q7 for two years, and it's perfect. I've never had such a comfortable car, and I've had lots of German cars before. Get one."

Love it

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Got a used S-Line 2007 and after owning a QX4,QX56, LandRover, Tahoe, Armada, Pathfinder, 4Runner and Landcruiser...this takes the cake. Will be getting another one when i run the miles up on this breast!"

Q7 TDI is awesome - get one (but expect a wait)

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "smooth ride, handles well, mileage, style"

Cons: "sluggish acceleration but not THAT bad"

"I love this car! He handles really well - a joy to drive. For long trips there are very few stops for gas! It's a very comfortable car, great features inside the car too! I use the navigation"

Love this car

By on Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Going from an 04 Range Rover to this was initially a tough decision, but since I've had the Q7 I've loved it. Great leg room, I'm 6'6", so this was key. There isn't as much storgage space, but that's what roof racks are for on trips right. Definitely recommend this car because of the handling, comfort, and quality that Audi has delivered."

A Sports Car for Big and Tall Guys

By on Sunday, May 10, 2009

"This is a rocket with style. Did you play football? Need leg room with a sports car you can get in and out of without grunting from your sports (knees) history? This is your car. This Audi mixes the best of both worlds...safe enough for the family but cool enough when they are not around. Enjoy the Q7 total worth it. I"m a happy owner."

Best SUV yet!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Drove the Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes ML class, BMW X5 and VW Touareg -- By far, Audi Q7 is the most luxurious of them all. The 4.2 is a must as the 3.6 lacked power. While the vehicle is loaded with options, it was worthwhile adding the Adaptive Air Suspension and 20" wheels. This is a refined, high quality and poweful SUV for individuals who are looking luxury from a company that lived to its motto to "never follow.""

Pretty good SUV

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Driven Q7 3.65 about 3 yrs. It is a bit underpowered and the transmission seems like it is endlessly shifting. It has great handling and styling. Comfort level is very good too. More trips to the shop than standard service mostly to fix glitches in the electronics and navi. Navi system is not intuitive at all. Overall we like the car, but not as much as our old A4."

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"Great Car, Super Sleek, Comfortable and Very Safe"

Excellent

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Wondeful thing ever happend to me. best luxurious car i have ever ridden. runs smooth and interior is well furnished and stylish comapre to BMW and Volvo. only downside i have came across so far is LOTTA GAS and price being 3.60 :( doesn't help alot."

DREAM CAR

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"this is a car that you dream of owning i personally have a 4.2 premium package fully loaded and i couldn't see another vechile taking its place. This is my frist audi i have owned in a while and i think i may be in one for a while. Before this i owned BMW for a while from a M3 to the 330i convertiable and have yet to see one meet the standards this Q7 have set."

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"The Q7 provides an outstanding ride, along with beautiful design and comfort. My whole family hates riding in our other vehicles versus the Q7."

Excellent car with some quirks

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"My previous car was a Honda Odyssey, my wifes car is a BMW 530. This was pushing the bounds for me to drop 58 large on a vehicle, but I decided to splurge. I got was the 4.2. The car handles excellent despite it's size and weight. The Q7 is as long as my minivan was, which I suppose is necessary to make the 3rd row usable, which it is, even for small adults (something the X5 can not claim). The major drawback to this car is the mileage. Thus far I am averaging a paltry 14.6 mpg (albeit mostly via city driving). Now the quirks: 1. The rear lift hatch opens so high that my wife 5' was unable to close the door, this is partly why I went with the 4.2 - whereby opening height is a controllable feature. 2. There is a buttom on the drivers door to open the rear hatch but that's all it does is open, it does not close. I find this strange as a button on the rear hatch itself does exist to close it automatically. To add a button up front could only cost $20 to add so why was this not done?? Also, the open hatch button on the remote should also close the door as well. 3. When I drive long distances (using cruise control) I sometimes like to tuck my heel under the seat. There is no space to do this on this car - a bit annoying. 4. It seems there should be storage space under the second row, but none exists. It would be nice if there were some drawers there for items such as the DVD player remote, headphones, etc. Actually, given the size of this vehicle, there is not much storage space - between a pair of sunglasses, a radar detector, a few CD's there is not room for much else. 5. Cupholder arrangement is odd. The ones up front are strange and the ones in the rear are at an angle in the door - not very functional and requires that the drinks be in capped bottles. 6. Recalling contacts from the phone interface requires too many steps - especially if you have a full phone book. 7. German cars are renowned for brake dust, but this one produces this big time. Nice suprises: 1. Cruise control works, even at 15 mph. This is very nice for long school zones. 2. Berber carpet hides dirt extremely well. 3. Cruising at 100mph is smooth as silk 4. MMI computer interface is way more intuitive than BMW's I drive. I didn't even find myself using the manual. 5. 20" wheels look great and do not make the car overly stiff. (I was fearful of this during the purchase). 6. Stereo sound is amazing - interior noise levels when cruising are low (it growls a lot under heavy accelleration however)."

Great drive but beware the maintenance $$

By on Saturday, October 10, 2009

"We have owned a lot of what I would consider higher end SUVs (Lexus, BMW X5, Mercedes) over the years so know what this experience is supposed to look like. The 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium we have ranks right up there in terms of driveability, performance, comfort, features. The MMI is the best consolidated interface of any of these vehicles and is really fabulous. No complaints what so ever on how the car drives. However, I have never owned a vehicle with as painful, expensive, and repetitive maintenance experience. It's been in the shop (mostly but not exclusively for electronics issues) at least a dozen times over the past 3 years. Keys don't register, MMI goes dead, car won't register as being in park so the key won't come out of the ignition, driving along and vehicle indicates 'no key in vehicle' 30 minutes after you have left home, etc. The MMI in particular is prone to going out if just a few drops of liquid spill on it. This is $1000 every time it happens and is not covered under warranty. It is happening a lot due to poor design (search the web for details but the MMI is 2 inches in front of the cup holder) so the dealers are pushing back on any repair. If you fight with Audi USA (a pain) they will eventually replace it. There is also no loaner program at Audi and they stock very few parts in the field offices to save money. We've had to go back because they were out of lightbulbs at our local dealer. This means you have to arrange alternative transportion and you're going to be there more than once for almost any problem -- once to diagnose and once to complete the repair. During our three year lease, we will have spent almost $5K in maintenace items and we bought the pre-paid maintenance with our lease. These things chew through brakes/rotors ($1800) and tires ($1400 a set). The car is being driven by a conservative Mom with two kids in tow most of the time so trust me, it's not being driven hard. The service department told us the brakes were a little undersized for the vehicle (although they work very well) so tended to wear very fast -- like 15K miles typically -- and the rotors are replaced everytime the pads are which drives the expense up. Net is we love the car. We hate the Audi sservice experience and cost. Factor at least $2500/year in for maintenance as part of the decision. Front/rear brakes and roters (common at 15K miles) are $1800; tires are $1400 a set every 25K miles. You get the idea. Lots of stuff that wears fast and we're just in the first three years which you would think would be pretty trouble free!"

A Lifestyle Vehicle

By on Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pros: "Tasteful, safe, lifestyle vehicle"

Cons: "Repair cost are high without warranty"

"I selected the Audi Q7 TDI due to lifestyle changes. I live in Tampa, FL and work in Jacksonville, FL and commute between the two cities on the weekends. So on any given week I clock close to 600 miles. It's also a vehicle which looks good when driving up to the valet attendant at any upscale hotel. Soccer moms that like to drive with girlfriends for lunch at a local outdoor bistro when the kids are at school will be very pleased with this vehicle. I traded in my 2012 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium S Line for the 2010 Q7 TDI. The Q5 although had very good performance but limited cargo and not very comfortable for larger persons. Sitting 3 teenagers in the back also proved to be somewhat cramped. My primary criteria for the purchase of any vehicle is its safety rating. The Audi Q7 has an outstanding safety rating. As it pertains to my lifestyle I required more cargo room, driving comfort for larger individuals, comfort for longer distances, and the ability to tow at least two large Harley Davidson motorcycles or a boat. Some other considerations were having a vehicle that I could use for camping or to drive onto sand on any Florida beach. The Audi Q7 TDI met all of my requirements. In my opinion, the Porche Cayenne and the Mercedes BlueTech SUV were too "pretty" for someone with an outdoor lifstyle. The X5 Diesel was also considered but the MPG were not as good and with a slightly higher price tag. My very first weekend of ownership I drove from Jacksonville, FL to South Florida via I-95 and back up the West Coast via I-75, thru Alligator Alley, St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Ocala. I choosed to travel via the Ocala country roads to get a feel for handling the small hills and curvy roads which led me back to Jacksonville, FL. That was about a 1200 mile weekend getaway. The entire trip was very pleasant and the handling was very good. Yes, it a bigger vehicle and one should not compare this vehicle with your previous sedan, an older model SUV of a different make, or a sports car. It's not a vehichle to break the sound barrier but a vehicle to enjoy. Consider the TDI (Diesel) model since the fuel is no more expensive, and many times less expensive, than 93 Octane. I'm 45 years old and have owned Porche, BMW and various Audi models. My take for anyone that is trying to make a decision on any car is too choose based on your actual lifestyle and budget. All cars do well with proper maintenance. So drive what you like and if you wish to own a luxury brand and your budget does not allow for it then consider buying Certified Pre-Owned for greater warranty. Certified Pre-Owned vehicles offer great value and will certainly make your financial advisor or your significant other happier knowing that you have made a sound decison. Good luck on your selection. - Raul"

Have a savings account

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"This bar far is the best SUV I have ever owned. Pound for pound (5200) this car out preforms any other SUV I have owned. Quite ride with air suspention interior lights galore and a car that demands praise. Only draw back is repairs that arent covered. IE: Brakes Batteries. The brakes are good for 25,000-30,000 miles. The 2007 and 2008 came with racing brakes that wore out fast the 2009 now comes with better brakes. the cost to change the brakes at Audi is around $1500.OO The battery went out at 22,000 and cost $585.00 $200 for battery the rest because the battery is under the drivers seat. If you want the power like a BMW sport car and the ride of a super lexurey car the Q 7 is for you. I know the thought of a V8 with todays gas is nuts but you wont be sorry for going that extra mile"

Love the Q7 - Hate the Maintenance Costs

By on Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Shopped a number of SUVs and kept coming back to the Q7. Love the styling comfort, feel on the road. This SUV is also great on the snow. However, if considering this vehicle just keep in mind the VERY HIGH costs of maintenance. At 18k miles we had to replace all four tires, brake pads, sensors, and rotors. Really Audi engineers that is the best you can do? Make sure to budget for the thousands of dollars needed to maintain. High cost of maintenance may keep us from getting another one and would have to caveat any recommendations."

saved my life

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"I got this car for its safety ratings and reputation of German engineering and I was right. Yes, the car is super heavy but handles well. I had a full frontal collission accident where a reckless driver smashed into my car full speed and I walked away with minor scratches and bruises. Mind you, I was 12 weeks pregnant and did not get a single scratch on my belly. Thank you Audi."

Great Luxury SUV

By on Friday, March 5, 2010

"Test drove BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and Audi SUV's. Although was impressed by the Mercedes liked the Audi best. I have had the Q7 for over 3 years and have enjoyed it immensely. Very reliable and runs great. Only negative is that the cost of brake replacement was surprisingly expensive. Audi makes you change the drums along with the pads and sensors."

This car is versatile, attractive, and safe.

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Safe and quiet!"

Cons: "awkward cup holder location"

"Mom of four and have had my Q7 TDI for 3 yrs... FAR quieter interior than the gas version, as easy as a minivan to alter seat arrangements for passenger or hauling requirements, outstanding mileage (easily 28 on the freeway, and I speed), great on ice and snow (within reason). Great nav gets me to remote sports fields on time, although the voice recognition needs to listen up (or maybe its just me). Purchased on a whim on my way to sign for a X5, this car has not disappointed, and I had the extra $10K in my pocket. Love the diesel, but this is a heavy car so you will need to become accustomed to popping into Sport for some extra torque accelerating uphill, onto freeways, etc."

Just under 3 yrs and still in love

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"When we first got this machine I tought it was big to look at and set in. Once driven, it gets smaller. This handles like a sedan. I can not say enough about the fit and finish of the Q7. When looking at the interior materials, there can be no complaint of quality. I had the oportunity to drive this in a heavy snow storm blizzard a couple of weeks ago. The snow was just under knee high in drifts, unplowed roads, and white outs. The Q7 is incredable in deep snow. We have Bizzak tires on it. I could feel the vehicle rise when hitting deeper drifts but it just kept going and going. I read complants about breaks and tire wear. We have 29000 miles and I just had the breaks inspected this morning for wear. It appears that we will get around 40k out of breaks. Take it to Midas if you need breaks. $739 for compleat new rotors and pads all around. Summed up...this is a very fine auto. It is not every auto that you own that you still want to get in every day after 2yr and 9 mo."

Questionablereliability factor

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

"Catastrophic Fuel System Failure at 28,000 miles. Fuel System failure at 31,000 . . . this time only the fuel sensor. This has NOT been a good Audi experience. I am currently negotitaing with Audi of America."

Love the Car - Hate the Maintenance

By on Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"We absolutely love this car but the maintenance will kill you and I don't want to hear if you can't afford the maintenance, you can't afford the car. There is absolutely NO reason to have a complete brake job done every 20K miles, which we have done. Also, be diligent when choosing your tires. Let's face it, 99% of us will not be racing our Q7 so there is no need for the super soft racing tires that last 12k miles. I have opted for the All-Weather road tires and even those only last 20K miles and cost close to $300 each. The Q7 is GREAT but the maintenance is just silly."

Best SUV Ever

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Ive owned every car/SUV under the sun. I frequently get bored with cars but this is the only car I've kept for over four years and would buy again. Best bang for your buck for a mid-size luxury SUV."

TDI 3.0 is a great car

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "great ride; fun to drive; loaded with features"

Cons: "tires wear quickly; slight delay when accelerating"

"Prior to purchasing the Q7 TDI, I owned a gas operated 4.2 Q7. I wanted better gas mileage the 2nd time around so I jumped at the chance to buy the diesel. I average 26-27 mpg and am thrilled that such a large car can be so economical. This has been a great car--no problems and just standard maintenance. I like all the features this car offers, particularly blue tooth phone, navigation, huge sunroof, rear camera and sensors and exterior and interior lighting. For a big car, it rides very well and can hold around a curve. Also performs well when towing. Cons: slight delay when accelerating; tires wear out after 25k miles; hatch can only be closed by pushing button on the hatch. It's not an inexpensive car but I believe it's worth the money--I have been very happy with this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q7 near Honolulu. See local deals