• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Audi Q7

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Questionablereliability factor

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

"Catastrophic Fuel System Failure at 28,000 miles. Fuel System failure at 31,000 . . . this time only the fuel sensor. This has NOT been a good Audi experience. I am currently negotitaing with Audi of America."

I love the diesel! I've had over 30 mpg on trips.

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great mileage, beautiful truck."

Cons: "Brake job at 50,000 miles was expensive"

"I waited years for Ford, GM or Chrysler to put a small diesel into an SUV (something smaller than an Excursion). I finally gave up waiting and bought the Audi Q7 with the 3.0 liter TDI. I love this truck. Even though it weighs around 5,500 lbs, I always get 21-23 mpg in town and high 20's- 30 mpg on the highway. It will get in the low 30s if you do not exceed 65 mph. This is a great vehicle for a long trip - the 26 gallon fuel tank means 700 miles between fuel stops on the highway. I've pulled a trailer from Michigan to Denver with no issues - the torque from the turbo-diesel is incredible. If I had to replace it today it would be with another Q7 diesel or the Cayenne diesel."

A Lifestyle Vehicle

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Tasteful, safe, lifestyle vehicle"

Cons: "Repair cost are high without warranty"

"I selected the Audi Q7 TDI due to lifestyle changes. I live in Tampa, FL and work in Jacksonville, FL and commute between the two cities on the weekends. So on any given week I clock close to 600 miles. It's also a vehicle which looks good when driving up to the valet attendant at any upscale hotel. Soccer moms that like to drive with girlfriends for lunch at a local outdoor bistro when the kids are at school will be very pleased with this vehicle. I traded in my 2012 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium S Line for the 2010 Q7 TDI. The Q5 although had very good performance but limited cargo and not very comfortable for larger persons. Sitting 3 teenagers in the back also proved to be somewhat cramped. My primary criteria for the purchase of any vehicle is its safety rating. The Audi Q7 has an outstanding safety rating. As it pertains to my lifestyle I required more cargo room, driving comfort for larger individuals, comfort for longer distances, and the ability to tow at least two large Harley Davidson motorcycles or a boat. Some other considerations were having a vehicle that I could use for camping or to drive onto sand on any Florida beach. The Audi Q7 TDI met all of my requirements. In my opinion, the Porche Cayenne and the Mercedes BlueTech SUV were too "pretty" for someone with an outdoor lifstyle. The X5 Diesel was also considered but the MPG were not as good and with a slightly higher price tag. My very first weekend of ownership I drove from Jacksonville, FL to South Florida via I-95 and back up the West Coast via I-75, thru Alligator Alley, St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Ocala. I choosed to travel via the Ocala country roads to get a feel for handling the small hills and curvy roads which led me back to Jacksonville, FL. That was about a 1200 mile weekend getaway. The entire trip was very pleasant and the handling was very good. Yes, it a bigger vehicle and one should not compare this vehicle with your previous sedan, an older model SUV of a different make, or a sports car. It's not a vehichle to break the sound barrier but a vehicle to enjoy. Consider the TDI (Diesel) model since the fuel is no more expensive, and many times less expensive, than 93 Octane. I'm 45 years old and have owned Porche, BMW and various Audi models. My take for anyone that is trying to make a decision on any car is too choose based on your actual lifestyle and budget. All cars do well with proper maintenance. So drive what you like and if you wish to own a luxury brand and your budget does not allow for it then consider buying Certified Pre-Owned for greater warranty. Certified Pre-Owned vehicles offer great value and will certainly make your financial advisor or your significant other happier knowing that you have made a sound decison. Good luck on your selection. - Raul"

Fantastic Buy for 2013

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Totally worth the price."

"This luxury SUV is not only beautiful inside and out, it handles incredibly well, has great power and is doesn't feel like you are driving a bus. The technology in the SUV is state of the art with cameras, voice navigation,heated steering and seats and a bunch of other gadgets. The panarama sunroof is wonderful."

Best SUV I have owned! I owned many before

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, Reliable, Great Looking"

Cons: "Small 3rd Row Seating, Gas Guzzler"

"I love my 2008 Q7. I drive the 3.6 and it has been very reliable. With any German car it is all about maintaining the car. I have not had any serious issues just minor ones from normal wear and tear. I have the SLINE with 21" wheels so teh ride isn't too smooth but I am willing to sacrifice the ride quality for looks!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q7 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for