• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Audi Q7

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

I love the diesel! I've had over 30 mpg on trips.

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great mileage, beautiful truck."

Cons: "Brake job at 50,000 miles was expensive"

"I waited years for Ford, GM or Chrysler to put a small diesel into an SUV (something smaller than an Excursion). I finally gave up waiting and bought the Audi Q7 with the 3.0 liter TDI. I love this truck. Even though it weighs around 5,500 lbs, I always get 21-23 mpg in town and high 20's- 30 mpg on the highway. It will get in the low 30s if you do not exceed 65 mph. This is a great vehicle for a long trip - the 26 gallon fuel tank means 700 miles between fuel stops on the highway. I've pulled a trailer from Michigan to Denver with no issues - the torque from the turbo-diesel is incredible. If I had to replace it today it would be with another Q7 diesel or the Cayenne diesel."

2008 Q7 3.6 Premium

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I got the 08 Q7 3.6 Premium for about 1 month, and I love it. It is comfort to drive and with all the technology build in to the Q7 make driving more safe & fun. The 08 Q7 back up camera is standard, even with the base model it come with alots of features already such as IPod connections, bluetooth, backup camera, and great sound system. The only downside about this car is the bluetooth is very picky on phone...I have to switch to another phone in order to have it work on the Q7."

Simply WOW!

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"Out of a list of 48 possible SUV's (some different trims of same model) the Audi Q7 won hands down. After several elimination steps I was left with the Q7, XC90, MDX, and Enclave. After test driving and checking for clear vision of dash, ease of control operation, fit and finish, and so forth the Q7 won. I purchased a 3.6 to save on fuel and I simply didn't need the extra power of the 4.2 for various reasons (think flashing red lights). I can not recommend this vehicle enough. Give it a test drive and you will see why. Be sure to take a clover or other sharp turn for the full effect of the handling."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Great SUV for a family of 4. With third row good for short/medium trips, or longer trips for small children. Great style, drives like a car, not a lumbering beast. The pick up and passing on the 3.6 is good. Car is very lively, after break-in period."

STRONG

By on Sunday, May 29, 2011

"I leased my Audi Q7 back in June of 2008. I am very pleased with the car in terms of its technology and convenience features that beat everything in its class. Examples include manual/auto option of turning on the rearview camera and parking sensors. Most vehicles allow the use of rearview cameras only when you shift the gear in reverse. I have had situations where I wanted the camera when parallel parking. Blind SPOT INFORMATION allows your vehicle to detect vehicles in your blind spot areas and alert you through led lighting in your left and right side mirrors. If you decide to change lanes when a vehicle is detected, the light blinks at continuous speeds to alert you to proceed with caution. Another system called LANE KEEPING ASSIST when activated monitors road markings and vibrates the steering wheel to let you know that you are drifting out of your lane. The vehicle has sensors on pretty much anything that usually requires attention. Sensors include engine, all exterior lights, TPMS, brake pads sensors, etc. My honest opinion to you is that this vehicle is the best in all areas and I mean that, but, what it lacks is reliability. I have faced countless sensors and electrical problems with the car that I can't count. If you can get the car with warranty that'll help a lot. The tires and brake pads wear out at about every 15000 miles. Total out of pocket expenses have costed me $4000 in 3yrs. If you have that kind of money on top of what you pay for the car then go for it. My dealership had complimentary loaner vehicle available if the vehicle was in for warranty related work. So I never felt that I didn't have a car while my vehicle was in for repairs. I love Audi and I will go back because the comfort and convenience features they offer is hard to beat. Their design language speaks out and that counts in my dictionary. To sum it up, buy the car if you have the money for it plus any repairs outside of the warranty. If I could, I would buy the 2011 Audi Q7 all over again!"

excellent car 53K mi. not a problem

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"have had Q7 for 2 years 53500 miles have had absolutly no problems or issues. replaced brakes and tires once. great car."

Q7 Heaven

By on Sunday, January 06, 2008

"I was looking to replace my 06 ML500. I read all the great reviews and found an awesome deal on an 07 4.2 Premium. All I can say is it is honestly everything you could want in one package! All the options that come with the Premium can't be beat. I am so glad I purchased this car. I was unsatisfied with the quality issues I was experiencing with my MB. Another deciding factor was the fact that the Q7 is still assembled in Europe vs. the ML which is now built in Alabama."

Better than I thought

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I did lot of research regarding BMW X5, Benz GL450 and Audi Q7. After I did test driving for all 3 cars, I chose Audi Q7. It has more room inside than others and has more fancy features. Q7 drives like a full 4dr sedan, very comfortable and reliable. The only bad thing is there are so many new features, it took couple weeks to learn & use them."

Great SUV

By on Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Before purchasing the Q7, I test drove the BMW X5 and the Mercedes GL450. Although both are exceptional SUV's, I found the Q7 to ride just as smooth and preferred the very distinct design. If it wasn't for the GL450 looking so much like a Honda Pilot it might have been my first choice."

This is a great vehicle... reliable !

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Reliable - a absolute tank in the snow..."

"I can n ot say enough good things about the Q7... I have a 2007 with 98K and am extremely pleased with not only the auto itself but the service department that supports customers (if required, which is not often). I will purchased another soon...keeping this one for my kids - safe and reliable!"

Best LuXury SUV

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "Great price for Luxury, Looks, and Quality"

Cons: "Rear storage cover too heavy"

"If you want a Luxury SUV to travel the country, this is it. Fits several golf bags length wise or side ways, not many can do that! Comfort is excellent, driving is a dream. Power and torque in abundance, the sport mode transmission is a real kick, in an SUV, come on! Toys and Nav System really cool. Love the glass roof, window shades, AC system.... Super Quality, all high end materials in and out."

A presence to be wreckon with

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"I had shopped around for an X5 for a few months and decided one day to stop into an Audi dealer and the same day picked up an S-Line 4.2 Q7. This vehicle is large but with the V8 packs a powerful punch to jump off the line and has high end torque which will blow past anyone at high speed. The interior is better than any SUV I checked out and the handling is superb! Only drawback is on long drives the leather seats can be a bit hard and uncomfortable. Love my Q7!!!"

Love it

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Got a used S-Line 2007 and after owning a QX4,QX56, LandRover, Tahoe, Armada, Pathfinder, 4Runner and Landcruiser...this takes the cake. Will be getting another one when i run the miles up on this breast!"

I HAVE NEVER KEPT ONE THIS LONE

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"THIS VEHICLE IS AWESOME I WENT FROM A 2006 750LI TO THIS SUV AND IT IS MY FAVORITE"

Q7 TDI is awesome - get one (but expect a wait)

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "smooth ride, handles well, mileage, style"

Cons: "sluggish acceleration but not THAT bad"

"I love this car! He handles really well - a joy to drive. For long trips there are very few stops for gas! It's a very comfortable car, great features inside the car too! I use the navigation"

Love this car

By on Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Going from an 04 Range Rover to this was initially a tough decision, but since I've had the Q7 I've loved it. Great leg room, I'm 6'6", so this was key. There isn't as much storgage space, but that's what roof racks are for on trips right. Definitely recommend this car because of the handling, comfort, and quality that Audi has delivered."

A Sports Car for Big and Tall Guys

By on Sunday, May 10, 2009

"This is a rocket with style. Did you play football? Need leg room with a sports car you can get in and out of without grunting from your sports (knees) history? This is your car. This Audi mixes the best of both worlds...safe enough for the family but cool enough when they are not around. Enjoy the Q7 total worth it. I"m a happy owner."

Sooooo NICE

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I've had a .2 Q7 for two years, and it's perfect. I've never had such a comfortable car, and I've had lots of German cars before. Get one."

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"Great Car, Super Sleek, Comfortable and Very Safe"

Best SUV yet!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Drove the Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes ML class, BMW X5 and VW Touareg -- By far, Audi Q7 is the most luxurious of them all. The 4.2 is a must as the 3.6 lacked power. While the vehicle is loaded with options, it was worthwhile adding the Adaptive Air Suspension and 20" wheels. This is a refined, high quality and poweful SUV for individuals who are looking luxury from a company that lived to its motto to "never follow.""

Great utility vehicle

By on Friday, May 04, 2007

"Being familiar with top end SUVs my last three have been Range Rovers i can say this car exceeds expectations in every catagory the only one it does'nt is SERIOUS off roading. The vehicles fit and finish is superb, road manners excellent. These words don't say enough."

NEW TECHNOLOGY

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"MUSCULAR VEHICLE,...HEAVY BUT TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCE,...SUPER FAST....WITHOUT HISSITATION,...ABOVE ALLL...VERY EFFECIENT... AND A LOT OF POWER TO PROVIDE W/O ANYTHING TO SACRIFICE,....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED......"

Pretty good SUV

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Driven Q7 3.65 about 3 yrs. It is a bit underpowered and the transmission seems like it is endlessly shifting. It has great handling and styling. Comfort level is very good too. More trips to the shop than standard service mostly to fix glitches in the electronics and navi. Navi system is not intuitive at all. Overall we like the car, but not as much as our old A4."

the best

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"I checked out all SUV's b/f buying the Audi Q7. Nothing compared to the comfortable ride and unbelievavle room inside. The Q7 actually seats 7 with leg room, and still has room in the back for packages. Best ride for an SUV."

Excellent

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Wondeful thing ever happend to me. best luxurious car i have ever ridden. runs smooth and interior is well furnished and stylish comapre to BMW and Volvo. only downside i have came across so far is LOTTA GAS and price being 3.60 :( doesn't help alot."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q7 near Honolulu. See local deals