• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Audi Q7

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love this car fast safe reliable

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "very low mileage fun to drive"

Cons: "not a family car"

"Love this car , low miles, fast it's sports car . I know there is a demand for this car low miles, Has all the bells and whistles"

Love it, but I don't love everything about it.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "sporty, punchy off the line,"

Cons: "The diesel sound is strong at times"

"I love my Q7 a lot, but not completely. The rear seats are not terrible, but not great. My youngest two fit comfortably, but they are 9 and 11. My 14 year old will sit back there but only if she absolutely has to. You know how the school bus seating has high backs and you can't really see over them? It's kind of like that in the Audi when you sit in the third row. However, I wouldn't be with out them. The extra seating option is worth it. The reason we purchased the Q7 was because of the 7 passenger diesel. I drive 30k+ miles per year. With diesel I get much better gas mileage (on average 29-31 mpg to/from school 25 miles from the house). The other option for me was the Mercedes GL 350. I felt like the third row on the GL was bigger and more comfortable. What I love, love, love about my Q7 is the gas mileage, the computer/nav, large sunroof, comfort and handling, large gas tank, it feels solid, the power of acceleration, wifi although we don't use it, the parking guides make me a parallel parking queen. What I don't love: too much service work, very few cup holders, cargo mat and visor don't have a place to go when 3rd row is being used, middle seat in 2nd row is uncomfortable, the protective laminate on bumper has discolored, My last car was a Toyota sienna. That van had cup holders and cubby space galore. The kids loved it and really miss the space that we don't seem to have anymore in the Q7. I love how the Q7 fits the four of us really well for our Monday through Friday schedule. On the weekends when it's the 5 of us, I think the minivan or even the GL would be better. "He's touching me" and "I sat in the middle last time" is a constant argument. There seems to be great room between the front row and middle row. Just not great when you seat three across. Also the middle row seat feet area has a hump, which doesn't help the touching issue."

Biggest Disappointement

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, interior, design, power"

Cons: "Costs a fortune to maintain, questionable quality,"

"I bought this car and fell in love with it. It look great, has a unique look vs. other SUV's and great handling and power. The service and upkeep of it has been a bitter disappointment. EVerything from routine maintanence to service costs a fortune. Oil changes are $150, battery cost me $400 and I had several issues with the electrical system. Regretting my purchase of this and long for the days of a simple American or Japanese care that may not have the cache or bells and whistles of this car but at least the bells and whistles it does have work ."

TDI good choice for this SUV

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Great acceleration, comfortable, good gas mileage"

Cons: "add blue requires dealer to fill, costly repairs"

"Very happy with performance. Roomy interior but third row seats very hard for adults to get into. Large carrying capacity. Tires need rotation every 5000 miles otherwise wear quickly. Dependable in hard winter. Dislike the Audi telephone feature not user friendly. Fair navigation system also not very user friendly"

Ahh mazing!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "everything"

"This is such a great vehicle! Drives and handles like the Mercedes GL without the large size that wasn't needed for our family. I love putting it in Turbo to pass tractor trailers and my kids love the panoramic roof! My husband has a BMW 3 and loves how the Audi handles. As for cost, it is exactly what you would expect from a German vehicle. I had an Acura MDX prior to the Audi, with minimal expenses. Audi has been great on cost so far, however, based on my husband's oil changes/etc...he never leaves without paying less than a large three digit number. It's the cost of owning a luxury German vehicle. Therefore, to anyone who is interested in an Audi, Mercedes, BMW, be ready to pay more in service costs than an Acura, GMC, etc.... But with any luxury vehicle you do get your oil changes every 10,000 miles with the synthetic oil instead of 5,000"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q7 near Honolulu. See local deals