2009 Audi Q7

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Excellent

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Wondeful thing ever happend to me. best luxurious car i have ever ridden. runs smooth and interior is well furnished and stylish comapre to BMW and Volvo. only downside i have came across so far is LOTTA GAS and price being 3.60 :( doesn't help alot."

DREAM CAR

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"this is a car that you dream of owning i personally have a 4.2 premium package fully loaded and i couldn't see another vechile taking its place. This is my frist audi i have owned in a while and i think i may be in one for a while. Before this i owned BMW for a while from a M3 to the 330i convertiable and have yet to see one meet the standards this Q7 have set."

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"The Q7 provides an outstanding ride, along with beautiful design and comfort. My whole family hates riding in our other vehicles versus the Q7."

Excellent car with some quirks

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"My previous car was a Honda Odyssey, my wifes car is a BMW 530. This was pushing the bounds for me to drop 58 large on a vehicle, but I decided to splurge. I got was the 4.2. The car handles excellent despite it's size and weight. The Q7 is as long as my minivan was, which I suppose is necessary to make the 3rd row usable, which it is, even for small adults (something the X5 can not claim). The major drawback to this car is the mileage. Thus far I am averaging a paltry 14.6 mpg (albeit mostly via city driving). Now the quirks: 1. The rear lift hatch opens so high that my wife 5' was unable to close the door, this is partly why I went with the 4.2 - whereby opening height is a controllable feature. 2. There is a buttom on the drivers door to open the rear hatch but that's all it does is open, it does not close. I find this strange as a button on the rear hatch itself does exist to close it automatically. To add a button up front could only cost $20 to add so why was this not done?? Also, the open hatch button on the remote should also close the door as well. 3. When I drive long distances (using cruise control) I sometimes like to tuck my heel under the seat. There is no space to do this on this car - a bit annoying. 4. It seems there should be storage space under the second row, but none exists. It would be nice if there were some drawers there for items such as the DVD player remote, headphones, etc. Actually, given the size of this vehicle, there is not much storage space - between a pair of sunglasses, a radar detector, a few CD's there is not room for much else. 5. Cupholder arrangement is odd. The ones up front are strange and the ones in the rear are at an angle in the door - not very functional and requires that the drinks be in capped bottles. 6. Recalling contacts from the phone interface requires too many steps - especially if you have a full phone book. 7. German cars are renowned for brake dust, but this one produces this big time. Nice suprises: 1. Cruise control works, even at 15 mph. This is very nice for long school zones. 2. Berber carpet hides dirt extremely well. 3. Cruising at 100mph is smooth as silk 4. MMI computer interface is way more intuitive than BMW's I drive. I didn't even find myself using the manual. 5. 20" wheels look great and do not make the car overly stiff. (I was fearful of this during the purchase). 6. Stereo sound is amazing - interior noise levels when cruising are low (it growls a lot under heavy accelleration however)."

Great drive but beware the maintenance $$

By on Saturday, October 10, 2009

"We have owned a lot of what I would consider higher end SUVs (Lexus, BMW X5, Mercedes) over the years so know what this experience is supposed to look like. The 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium we have ranks right up there in terms of driveability, performance, comfort, features. The MMI is the best consolidated interface of any of these vehicles and is really fabulous. No complaints what so ever on how the car drives. However, I have never owned a vehicle with as painful, expensive, and repetitive maintenance experience. It's been in the shop (mostly but not exclusively for electronics issues) at least a dozen times over the past 3 years. Keys don't register, MMI goes dead, car won't register as being in park so the key won't come out of the ignition, driving along and vehicle indicates 'no key in vehicle' 30 minutes after you have left home, etc. The MMI in particular is prone to going out if just a few drops of liquid spill on it. This is $1000 every time it happens and is not covered under warranty. It is happening a lot due to poor design (search the web for details but the MMI is 2 inches in front of the cup holder) so the dealers are pushing back on any repair. If you fight with Audi USA (a pain) they will eventually replace it. There is also no loaner program at Audi and they stock very few parts in the field offices to save money. We've had to go back because they were out of lightbulbs at our local dealer. This means you have to arrange alternative transportion and you're going to be there more than once for almost any problem -- once to diagnose and once to complete the repair. During our three year lease, we will have spent almost $5K in maintenace items and we bought the pre-paid maintenance with our lease. These things chew through brakes/rotors ($1800) and tires ($1400 a set). The car is being driven by a conservative Mom with two kids in tow most of the time so trust me, it's not being driven hard. The service department told us the brakes were a little undersized for the vehicle (although they work very well) so tended to wear very fast -- like 15K miles typically -- and the rotors are replaced everytime the pads are which drives the expense up. Net is we love the car. We hate the Audi sservice experience and cost. Factor at least $2500/year in for maintenance as part of the decision. Front/rear brakes and roters (common at 15K miles) are $1800; tires are $1400 a set every 25K miles. You get the idea. Lots of stuff that wears fast and we're just in the first three years which you would think would be pretty trouble free!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q7 near Honolulu. See local deals