• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Audi Q7

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

I love the diesel! I've had over 30 mpg on trips.

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great mileage, beautiful truck."

Cons: "Brake job at 50,000 miles was expensive"

"I waited years for Ford, GM or Chrysler to put a small diesel into an SUV (something smaller than an Excursion). I finally gave up waiting and bought the Audi Q7 with the 3.0 liter TDI. I love this truck. Even though it weighs around 5,500 lbs, I always get 21-23 mpg in town and high 20's- 30 mpg on the highway. It will get in the low 30s if you do not exceed 65 mph. This is a great vehicle for a long trip - the 26 gallon fuel tank means 700 miles between fuel stops on the highway. I've pulled a trailer from Michigan to Denver with no issues - the torque from the turbo-diesel is incredible. If I had to replace it today it would be with another Q7 diesel or the Cayenne diesel."

2008 Q7 3.6 Premium

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I got the 08 Q7 3.6 Premium for about 1 month, and I love it. It is comfort to drive and with all the technology build in to the Q7 make driving more safe & fun. The 08 Q7 back up camera is standard, even with the base model it come with alots of features already such as IPod connections, bluetooth, backup camera, and great sound system. The only downside about this car is the bluetooth is very picky on phone...I have to switch to another phone in order to have it work on the Q7."

Simply WOW!

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"Out of a list of 48 possible SUV's (some different trims of same model) the Audi Q7 won hands down. After several elimination steps I was left with the Q7, XC90, MDX, and Enclave. After test driving and checking for clear vision of dash, ease of control operation, fit and finish, and so forth the Q7 won. I purchased a 3.6 to save on fuel and I simply didn't need the extra power of the 4.2 for various reasons (think flashing red lights). I can not recommend this vehicle enough. Give it a test drive and you will see why. Be sure to take a clover or other sharp turn for the full effect of the handling."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Great SUV for a family of 4. With third row good for short/medium trips, or longer trips for small children. Great style, drives like a car, not a lumbering beast. The pick up and passing on the 3.6 is good. Car is very lively, after break-in period."

STRONG

By on Sunday, May 29, 2011

"I leased my Audi Q7 back in June of 2008. I am very pleased with the car in terms of its technology and convenience features that beat everything in its class. Examples include manual/auto option of turning on the rearview camera and parking sensors. Most vehicles allow the use of rearview cameras only when you shift the gear in reverse. I have had situations where I wanted the camera when parallel parking. Blind SPOT INFORMATION allows your vehicle to detect vehicles in your blind spot areas and alert you through led lighting in your left and right side mirrors. If you decide to change lanes when a vehicle is detected, the light blinks at continuous speeds to alert you to proceed with caution. Another system called LANE KEEPING ASSIST when activated monitors road markings and vibrates the steering wheel to let you know that you are drifting out of your lane. The vehicle has sensors on pretty much anything that usually requires attention. Sensors include engine, all exterior lights, TPMS, brake pads sensors, etc. My honest opinion to you is that this vehicle is the best in all areas and I mean that, but, what it lacks is reliability. I have faced countless sensors and electrical problems with the car that I can't count. If you can get the car with warranty that'll help a lot. The tires and brake pads wear out at about every 15000 miles. Total out of pocket expenses have costed me $4000 in 3yrs. If you have that kind of money on top of what you pay for the car then go for it. My dealership had complimentary loaner vehicle available if the vehicle was in for warranty related work. So I never felt that I didn't have a car while my vehicle was in for repairs. I love Audi and I will go back because the comfort and convenience features they offer is hard to beat. Their design language speaks out and that counts in my dictionary. To sum it up, buy the car if you have the money for it plus any repairs outside of the warranty. If I could, I would buy the 2011 Audi Q7 all over again!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q7 near Honolulu. See local deals