• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Audi Q7

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Love it, but I don't love everything about it.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "sporty, punchy off the line,"

Cons: "The diesel sound is strong at times"

"I love my Q7 a lot, but not completely. The rear seats are not terrible, but not great. My youngest two fit comfortably, but they are 9 and 11. My 14 year old will sit back there but only if she absolutely has to. You know how the school bus seating has high backs and you can't really see over them? It's kind of like that in the Audi when you sit in the third row. However, I wouldn't be with out them. The extra seating option is worth it. The reason we purchased the Q7 was because of the 7 passenger diesel. I drive 30k+ miles per year. With diesel I get much better gas mileage (on average 29-31 mpg to/from school 25 miles from the house). The other option for me was the Mercedes GL 350. I felt like the third row on the GL was bigger and more comfortable. What I love, love, love about my Q7 is the gas mileage, the computer/nav, large sunroof, comfort and handling, large gas tank, it feels solid, the power of acceleration, wifi although we don't use it, the parking guides make me a parallel parking queen. What I don't love: too much service work, very few cup holders, cargo mat and visor don't have a place to go when 3rd row is being used, middle seat in 2nd row is uncomfortable, the protective laminate on bumper has discolored, My last car was a Toyota sienna. That van had cup holders and cubby space galore. The kids loved it and really miss the space that we don't seem to have anymore in the Q7. I love how the Q7 fits the four of us really well for our Monday through Friday schedule. On the weekends when it's the 5 of us, I think the minivan or even the GL would be better. "He's touching me" and "I sat in the middle last time" is a constant argument. There seems to be great room between the front row and middle row. Just not great when you seat three across. Also the middle row seat feet area has a hump, which doesn't help the touching issue."

Biggest Disappointement

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, interior, design, power"

Cons: "Costs a fortune to maintain, questionable quality,"

"I bought this car and fell in love with it. It look great, has a unique look vs. other SUV's and great handling and power. The service and upkeep of it has been a bitter disappointment. EVerything from routine maintanence to service costs a fortune. Oil changes are $150, battery cost me $400 and I had several issues with the electrical system. Regretting my purchase of this and long for the days of a simple American or Japanese care that may not have the cache or bells and whistles of this car but at least the bells and whistles it does have work ."

TDI good choice for this SUV

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Great acceleration, comfortable, good gas mileage"

Cons: "add blue requires dealer to fill, costly repairs"

"Very happy with performance. Roomy interior but third row seats very hard for adults to get into. Large carrying capacity. Tires need rotation every 5000 miles otherwise wear quickly. Dependable in hard winter. Dislike the Audi telephone feature not user friendly. Fair navigation system also not very user friendly"

Ahh mazing!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "everything"

"This is such a great vehicle! Drives and handles like the Mercedes GL without the large size that wasn't needed for our family. I love putting it in Turbo to pass tractor trailers and my kids love the panoramic roof! My husband has a BMW 3 and loves how the Audi handles. As for cost, it is exactly what you would expect from a German vehicle. I had an Acura MDX prior to the Audi, with minimal expenses. Audi has been great on cost so far, however, based on my husband's oil changes/etc...he never leaves without paying less than a large three digit number. It's the cost of owning a luxury German vehicle. Therefore, to anyone who is interested in an Audi, Mercedes, BMW, be ready to pay more in service costs than an Acura, GMC, etc.... But with any luxury vehicle you do get your oil changes every 10,000 miles with the synthetic oil instead of 5,000"

love it

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "mpg, safety, road feel"

"Great truck. bought used and feels brand new. great quality and i constantly get over 30 mpg on the highway. would recommend to everyone"

"Best Vehicle Ever"

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "Did not have the rear heated seats."

"The purchasing program at Audi of Concord was exceptional. A very through and pleasant service department. Lastly, the Finance Manager was awesome as well as our Saleslady. Audi was truly exceptional!"

very reliable

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "very safe and stable with the 4 wheel drive"

"in 5 years only expense has been 2 light bulbs plus a couple of oil changes,,,,same tyres so I am very satisfied with this vehicle plus the rewsidual value has gone up as they are quite scarce..."

Best SUV Owned

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

"I bought this car new and have owned it for 6 months now. By Far the best SUV I have owned (previous include Porsche, Mercedes and BMW). Big car with great power, very comfortable. I entertain clients quite a bit and almost all the time the topic of discussion in the car is the car itself!"

SUPER EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful, Heavy, and Safe"

Cons: "SO EXPENSIVE-REALLY INSANE"

"This car is beautiful and super safe... but be prepared! It will cost you, up front, for maintenance, and god forbid something goes wrong.. because you will learn to brace for the estimate. A bit crazy, really. It's fun to drive, but not sure it's worth what you will pay to own it... gas, tires, brakes, oil changes.....it's non-stop. BE prepared going in...I've never owned such a high maintenance vehicle."

Questionablereliability factor

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

"Catastrophic Fuel System Failure at 28,000 miles. Fuel System failure at 31,000 . . . this time only the fuel sensor. This has NOT been a good Audi experience. I am currently negotitaing with Audi of America."

I love the diesel! I've had over 30 mpg on trips.

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great mileage, beautiful truck."

Cons: "Brake job at 50,000 miles was expensive"

"I waited years for Ford, GM or Chrysler to put a small diesel into an SUV (something smaller than an Excursion). I finally gave up waiting and bought the Audi Q7 with the 3.0 liter TDI. I love this truck. Even though it weighs around 5,500 lbs, I always get 21-23 mpg in town and high 20's- 30 mpg on the highway. It will get in the low 30s if you do not exceed 65 mph. This is a great vehicle for a long trip - the 26 gallon fuel tank means 700 miles between fuel stops on the highway. I've pulled a trailer from Michigan to Denver with no issues - the torque from the turbo-diesel is incredible. If I had to replace it today it would be with another Q7 diesel or the Cayenne diesel."

A Lifestyle Vehicle

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Tasteful, safe, lifestyle vehicle"

Cons: "Repair cost are high without warranty"

"I selected the Audi Q7 TDI due to lifestyle changes. I live in Tampa, FL and work in Jacksonville, FL and commute between the two cities on the weekends. So on any given week I clock close to 600 miles. It's also a vehicle which looks good when driving up to the valet attendant at any upscale hotel. Soccer moms that like to drive with girlfriends for lunch at a local outdoor bistro when the kids are at school will be very pleased with this vehicle. I traded in my 2012 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium S Line for the 2010 Q7 TDI. The Q5 although had very good performance but limited cargo and not very comfortable for larger persons. Sitting 3 teenagers in the back also proved to be somewhat cramped. My primary criteria for the purchase of any vehicle is its safety rating. The Audi Q7 has an outstanding safety rating. As it pertains to my lifestyle I required more cargo room, driving comfort for larger individuals, comfort for longer distances, and the ability to tow at least two large Harley Davidson motorcycles or a boat. Some other considerations were having a vehicle that I could use for camping or to drive onto sand on any Florida beach. The Audi Q7 TDI met all of my requirements. In my opinion, the Porche Cayenne and the Mercedes BlueTech SUV were too "pretty" for someone with an outdoor lifstyle. The X5 Diesel was also considered but the MPG were not as good and with a slightly higher price tag. My very first weekend of ownership I drove from Jacksonville, FL to South Florida via I-95 and back up the West Coast via I-75, thru Alligator Alley, St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Ocala. I choosed to travel via the Ocala country roads to get a feel for handling the small hills and curvy roads which led me back to Jacksonville, FL. That was about a 1200 mile weekend getaway. The entire trip was very pleasant and the handling was very good. Yes, it a bigger vehicle and one should not compare this vehicle with your previous sedan, an older model SUV of a different make, or a sports car. It's not a vehichle to break the sound barrier but a vehicle to enjoy. Consider the TDI (Diesel) model since the fuel is no more expensive, and many times less expensive, than 93 Octane. I'm 45 years old and have owned Porche, BMW and various Audi models. My take for anyone that is trying to make a decision on any car is too choose based on your actual lifestyle and budget. All cars do well with proper maintenance. So drive what you like and if you wish to own a luxury brand and your budget does not allow for it then consider buying Certified Pre-Owned for greater warranty. Certified Pre-Owned vehicles offer great value and will certainly make your financial advisor or your significant other happier knowing that you have made a sound decison. Good luck on your selection. - Raul"

Fantastic Buy for 2013

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Totally worth the price."

"This luxury SUV is not only beautiful inside and out, it handles incredibly well, has great power and is doesn't feel like you are driving a bus. The technology in the SUV is state of the art with cameras, voice navigation,heated steering and seats and a bunch of other gadgets. The panarama sunroof is wonderful."

Best SUV I have owned! I owned many before

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, Reliable, Great Looking"

Cons: "Small 3rd Row Seating, Gas Guzzler"

"I love my 2008 Q7. I drive the 3.6 and it has been very reliable. With any German car it is all about maintaining the car. I have not had any serious issues just minor ones from normal wear and tear. I have the SLINE with 21" wheels so teh ride isn't too smooth but I am willing to sacrifice the ride quality for looks!"

What More Can you ask for

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, and great Attention Grabber"

Cons: "It Costs to be the Boss"

"This vehicle is everything and more than what I expect in a luxury vehicle. Since I have driven a vehicle from Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Range Rover and now Audi. Audi by far blows the competition away I love my audi. I own the TDI prestige with air suspension, this is the smoothest ride ive experienced and my wife likes the air suspension so that she can raise the vehicle to drive higher. Mileage is dream come true for and SUV I live in N. CA and took road trip to S.CA (6hour) drive and averaged 30mpg in an SUV. I cant wait to play in the snow in it to see how well the quattro handles. I do not mind paying the maintenance fees because I enjoy what I am paying, value protecting my vehicle, and that pleasure matters most to me."

I would chose another model

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Reason: quality, ride, fit

Pros: "good looks"

Cons: "noisy, quirky, slow, poor quality, high maint cost"

"To put it nicely, I would choose a different vehicle. I owned this car for a year and was astounded at the technical, engineering, quality and performance deficiencies in this car. The ride quality was below what I would expect for an entry level SUV. Every crack or ripple in the pavement could shake a filling out of your teeth. I get "sport" suspension- this was something else. Every seem, seat joint and panel in the interior rattled when you hit a bump- which obviously was often. The MMI system controls are clumsy and far too attention grabbing to be safe. They are also located directly in front of the cupholders yet have no gusseting to prevent the smallest of spills to fry the entire MMI system that runs every feature in the car. There are numerous engineering flaws- one example is the sun roof drain tubes often become deformed and leak into the dashboard and spare tire compartment (which is where the power amp to run the car is located- a $5000 repair that they will not cover). The heated windshield washer tubes still freeze if it's under 20 degrees F. It's extremely noisy. Maintenance is in some other world from the rest of the luxury market. Routine maintenance is double that of a Mercedes- basic service (glorified oil change)is $450 and 20K mile service (oil change plus plugs and wires...plugs and wires???) is upwards of $700. Seat leather was becoming loose and shiny. In summary, this wouldn't have met a Hyundai owner's expectations. I'm astounded that there are so many glowing reviews...was this their first luxury SUV and they don't know what they're missing??? I switched to a MB GL450 and it is everything the Q7 should be."

great car for family of 4

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "room, fit and finish, sporty and unique, not a bmw"

Cons: "eats tires, 3.6 engine not overly impressive"

"lots of competition in this segment and our q7 was a bit more than comparable acura, volvo, etc. models but we have loved our q7. two years, 15k miles no problems. comfortable, handles great, safe and fun to drive. liked it so much traded for a 2012 tdi model. not for everyone as there is better 'value' out there but if you appreciated driving as more than just point a to b, great suv."

This car is versatile, attractive, and safe.

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Safe and quiet!"

Cons: "awkward cup holder location"

"Mom of four and have had my Q7 TDI for 3 yrs... FAR quieter interior than the gas version, as easy as a minivan to alter seat arrangements for passenger or hauling requirements, outstanding mileage (easily 28 on the freeway, and I speed), great on ice and snow (within reason). Great nav gets me to remote sports fields on time, although the voice recognition needs to listen up (or maybe its just me). Purchased on a whim on my way to sign for a X5, this car has not disappointed, and I had the extra $10K in my pocket. Love the diesel, but this is a heavy car so you will need to become accustomed to popping into Sport for some extra torque accelerating uphill, onto freeways, etc."

Audi got this right-best luxury car I have had

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cons: "gas mileage-it's a beast of a car and avg 17mpg"

"The Q7 is just a great car/SUV Audi understands technology and performance and style"

Cost

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "No console or glove comportment space. Limited cup"

"After being a domestic car owner all of my life. This vehicle handles well is very comfortable and fast. The cost on owning is insane: 20,000 miles new tires, 30,000 new brake pads and they the in the rotors because that what Audi does they don't turn them. Then the periodic checking based on mileage @ 500 Rain dripped on the center mater control knob 2K repair. Never hit a curb or your in trouble. Good car not financially friendly"

except for cup holders everything is great

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "just great"

Cons: "cup holders"

"one great ride"

Best Vehicle ever

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Nice Interior , Fun Driving , Georgous."

great fuel economy

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

"25 highway MPG at 80 MPH!"

Best SUV Ever

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

"Ive owned every car/SUV under the sun. I frequently get bored with cars but this is the only car I've kept for over four years and would buy again. Best bang for your buck for a mid-size luxury SUV."

This is a great vehicle... reliable !

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Reliable - a absolute tank in the snow..."

"I can n ot say enough good things about the Q7... I have a 2007 with 98K and am extremely pleased with not only the auto itself but the service department that supports customers (if required, which is not often). I will purchased another soon...keeping this one for my kids - safe and reliable!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q7 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for